• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Urban Champion Arcade confirmed for Nintendo Switch (Also Excitebike & Wrecking Crew)

Shiggy

Urban Champion, now for just 6.99 EUR, right?

So we have these coming now:
Mario Bros.
Vs. Super Mario Bros.
Vs. Balloon Fight
Vs. Ice Climber
Vs. Pinball
Vs. Clu Clu Land
Punch-Out!!
VS. Wrecking Crew
VS. Urban Champion
VS. Excitebike

Guys it's the arcade version of Urban Champion! We can't complain that we have it 5 times already, it's practically a new game!
s/

Pikma

Banned
Of fucking course

I wonder who the hell it is who keeps pushing for this thing to get re released so consistently

Intel_89

Guys it's the arcade version of Urban Champion! We can't complain that we have it 5 times already, it's practically a new game!
s/

Could you imagine if they added the announcer from Pokken Tournament to Urban Champion? Now that would be something worth purchasing again.

Ninja Dom

Are Hamster stopping their Neo Geo series to release the Nintendo Arcade series instead? Cos no Neo Geo game this week.

tim.mbp

giphy.gif

I want Retro to develop a new Urban Champion. Just to the hear the cries of despair from humanity as the final seal is broken and the end times can begin...

For some bizarre reason this announcement makes me want Sega to license Bonanza Bros to Hamster for release on Switch.

Would actually be interested in Urban Champion as an amusing-but-bad game to play in local multiplayer tabletop mode...

MisterHero

Just you wait GAF, a 2nd Party dev will take Urban Champion and turn it into the seedy bar brawler we deserve!

TheMoon

I am so weirdly happy that I am a huge Nintendo nut but have absolutely no clue what Urban Champion is and have never seen it. All I know is everyone hates it.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I'm a 32 year old man playing Nintendo games since I can remember and this is the first time I've heard of Urban Champion 🤷*♀️

Are they secretly replacing this to Virtual Console? So no more Virtual Console confirmed?

Considering this is made by HAMSTER, experts in porting arcade video games to consoles, and not Nintendo themselves, I would say no. It's even under the Arcade Archives banner. It just means these particular arcade ports are Nintendo exclusive and not part of HAMSTER's multiplat releases.

Danneee

Urban Champion is one of the worst games ever made. A real turd that it's mind blowing that Nintendo sees fit to release in 2017.

Top Bottom