• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale had Over 1 Million Players on its First Day

Cerium

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/913072399893061632

Fortnite‏Verified account @FortniteGame

Over 1 million players have partied on the Battle Bus during the first day of Battle Royale! Thank you and party on! ������

DKviJ8bWAAAJRl8.jpg
OT here.

Blam

That's good to hear lets hope it doesn't drop off like other games with really successful launches.

Strakt

Things I noticed when playin fortnite BR compared to PUBG

1) No initial lag when players are landing

2) Optimization is perfect on max settings, whereas I have to run PUBG on all very low with maxed out view distance on a 980 TI SLI

Both are fun games with different play styles.

BigEmil

Well deserved it's really good for their first days of trying this battle royal mode and there servers were hammered, looking forward to playing the main PvE mode of Fortnite too next

Fancolors

Good. I'm curious to know how was the player distribution between platforms, I imagine most of them came from console players.

Thanks for the free promotion, Bluehole.

It's a classic case of looking a gifthorse in the mouth. Insecurity and greed stifles you. I feel bad for Bluehole because it's a bad trap to fall into. They themselves, probably can't really understand the success PUBG has had.
I hope for their sake that they are able to navigate and circumvent their fame in a positive way like Rocket League, and not fall into a dark pit like Notch who just cannot handle his success.
Secondly, you have to give props to Epic for being able to bring out a mode so fast for the PS4. Since they are left out, it's incredible how quickly they were able to get something out the door.

Unfortunately, I am super concerned abut Fortnite. Fevir had a video about the Pay 2 Win aspects of the game, and it seems sinister; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Ac9GmJTls&t=

I hope they will change it because that is just too unreasonable. :(

Had a blast with it yesterday and can't wait to try and get my royale with cheese and umbrella tonight. Obviously can do with refining but the developer notes for upcoming things sounds great and on-the-ball.

They've mentioned combat tweaks so interested to see to what extent that will be changed. Larger map and vehicles will be much appreciated.

Solid foundation, very fun and runs very smoothly on my OG PS4.

Well deserved. The game is amazingly fun.

It's a classic case of looking a gifthorse in the mouth. Insecurity and greed stifles you. I feel bad for Bluehole because it's a bad trap to fall into. They themselves, probably can't really understand the success PUBG has had.
I hope for their sake that they are able to navigate and circumvent their fame in a positive way like Rocket League, and not fall into a dark pit like Notch who just cannot handle his success.
Secondly, you have to give props to Epic for being able to bring out a mode so fast for the PS4. Since they are left out, it's incredible how quickly they were able to get something out the door.

Unfortunately, I am super concerned abut Fortnite. Fevir had a video about the Pay 2 Win aspects of the game, and it seems sinister; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Ac9GmJTls&t=

And what does this have to do with battle royale?

Not Drake

I'm not interested in it, but good for Epic. Thay were able to quickly adapt their game for a genre that's on the rise. Good job.

This is not the Battle Royale mode. Do you have any information on microtransaction into the mode people are currently discussing and playing?

xviper

good, i hope the game becomes a huge success so when a company decide to release an unfinished game, they release at as F2P

WhatNXt

Kinda feel like Epic should spin off their games development side out from engine development. Nobody owns this battle royale 'idea', and I don't think they should - but I do find it uncomfortably shady how they've essentially ripped off someone who pays them to license their engine, began effectively competing with them and - in my view - began actively attempting to hurt them.

May the best, most fun product win, but yeah..

legacyzero

Banned
Things I noticed when playin fortnite BR compared to PUBG

1) No initial lag when players are landing

2) Optimization is perfect on max settings, whereas I have to run PUBG on all very low with maxed out view distance on a 980 TI SLI

Both are fun games with different play styles.
I should try this out.

PUBG is a goddamn optimization mess. I literally have to wait in a prone position after landing while the building on the map loads out of low-LOD mode. Takes literally minutes.

So it's nice to hear Fornite gets that right

Snoopycat

Banned
It's going to be really interesting to see what happens to both of these games, especially when Pubg launches on console.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Fortnite: High settings, no lag, hitching or issues when dropping in. 70fps on the bus, 90-144fps during gameplay.

PUBG: Very low settings, lots of lag, hitching and the game jolts like crazy as it loads in buildings whilst dropping in. 50fps on the plane, 40-80fps during gameplay.

Technically Fortnite is just in another league, it's as smooth as butter whereas PUBG frankly runs like shit, especially since the last patch which cost me 25fps due to the forced post processing. I wish we could have Epic working on PUBG as I do prefer it, but Bluehole just doesn't have the experience or talent to really polish it up I fear.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Who owns the Hunger Games IP and why are they not paying attention?

Fortnite: High settings, no lag, hitching or issues when dropping in. 70fps on the bus, 90-144fps during gameplay.

PUBG: Very low settings, lots of lag, hitching and the game jolts like crazy as it loads in buildings whilst dropping in. 50fps on the plane, 40-80fps during gameplay.

Technically Fortnite is just in another league, it's as smooth as butter whereas PUBG frankly runs like shit, especially since the last patch which cost me 25fps due to the forced post processing. I wish we could have Epic working on PUBG as I do prefer it, but Bluehole just doesn't have the experience or talent to really polish it up I fear.

Epic > Bluehole. I mean, bluehole is using UE4 for a reason :p. Don't forget the FNBR was made in like 3 or 4 months compared to how long PUBG has been in dev.

Strakt

I should try this out.

PUBG is a goddamn optimization mess. I literally have to wait in a prone position after landing while the building on the map loads out of low-LOD mode. Takes literally minutes.

So it's nice to hear Fornite gets that right

I also like the fact that you can prevent campers from camping by breaking the house walls with your axe / or you can blow up pieces of the building with a rocket launcher, grenade, etc.

chugen

i was one of them. not sure im gonna play it again. i just dont like the cartonnish style and how the guns feels

jet1911

I'm ready for a BR mode overload!

Who could have predicted that Epic would be technically better with their own engine than an other dev? :p

Top Bottom