• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's iOS Weekly Challenge 7: TINY WINGS [DAT PRIZES GENTS! Rob.Kirkman's approved!]

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
ib6eD5aTbZSRp.png

Challenge's Timeframe:

Starts March 8, 00:01 (AM) GMT
Ends: March 15, 23:45 (PM) GMT

Current GMT / World Time

IT'S OVER! and it was preeeeetty good :)
~Congrats to gaffer AngryMoth for winning the competition!

i0vPmnOralL8W.png

Click here for the FULL Final Results - 85 participants

t1363391100z0.png

TWITTER: @GAF_iOS_scores #GAFiOSchallenge7
We will use Twitter to regularly post news about the challenge, screenshots of the submitted highscores, updates about the current top 25, hints to improve, prizes..Follow us!

It's finally that time again!
Following the smashing success of past competitions, after a year-long hiatus it's back...
NEW GAF's iOS WEEKLY CHALLENGE!

It's not at all forbidden to post about the challenge in the iOS Gaming |OT|ike we did in the past, but this specific thread is here with the purpose to avoid the flood of posts sinking all others for a whole week in the TG's thread.
We also have prizes, plenty of awesome goods for you guys to earn!
If you're a DEVELOPER and would like to put up some prizes (no matter how "little"!) related to your game/s (a few AppStore's codes, swag, anything!) for the next challenges, just CONTACT ME via PM.
Check below for all the infos.

335146322.581975skuj.jpg

Chosen Game

• TINY WINGS

Specific conditions/game modes

• GAME MODE: DISTANCE TRAVELED in Chapter 1 "Day Trip"
[so not by score, you can check the specific "Distance" Leaderboard in-game/Game Center]

R6sUWiu.jpg

nlmxhbN.jpg
Bmk0nYd.png
gC1QVDC.png
vQ6inMK.jpg
wnpOPOq.png
tfjZxJm.jpg

-Tiny Wings on iTunes
(iPhone app, $0.99/€0.89/£0.69) -Warning: Don't buy the iPad app, leaderboards are separate, pick the iPhone app!*
fJxavjC.jpg

Tiny Wings Official Gameplay Trailer -Youtube

*The HD app came after a looong time, so we've settled for this one which lots of us already own, plus it plays perfectly and still looks very good.. even I play it on the Mini. :)

Rules
  • To participate you just need the game and to add Dash Kappei on Game Center: (Dash Kappei GAF). As soon as you fire up the game and play it for the first time while being signed in to Game Center, you'll be part of the Challenge. That's it.
    Add "From GAF" and your nickname on GAF in your request or Dash Kappei won't add you to friends.
  • If you're already my friend on Game Center (Dash Kappei GAF) all you've gotta do is to play the game oduring the competition!
  • Challenge organizer can participate but is not eligible for any prizes.
  • Screenshots of the TOP 20* scores (TBD) will be posted in this specific post and in the specific GAF's iOS Challenge threads that exist for the duration of the challenge, so DON'T add me on Game Center or at least don't compete in the weekly challenge if you don't want your real name to be shown.
    You can easily avoid your real name to appear if you follow the few simple steps on the FAQ Section of this thread's OP "How do I hide my Real Name on Game Center?".
  • GAFers only, I won't accept requests from non-gaffers. Sorry lurkers.
  • Check the GAF GC members list handled by Dash Kappei if you want to add others, but being on the list isn't mandatory to play the iOS GAF Challenge. If you want to be on the list send Dash Kappei or Tunesmith a PM following this exact text formatting:
    GAF Name = Game Center Name / iOS Device(s)
    When you add someone, add From GAF to the friend request and your NeoGAF name as to easily tell who's who.
  • Scores are valid only for the "This Week" section on the Leadearboards and those scores made before the challenge won't be counted for the full final results, even if mistakenly counted during the challenge. Same for scores which don't appear properly at the end but were in fact achieved on time.
  • You can still enter the Challenge even if it has already started, granted that I can accept your GC friend request on time. You can join the contest at any time, even if there's an hour to go.
  • Posting your new scores in the monthly iOS thread is encouraged as well as posting your Game Center profile for others to check on your score when you do so. This is not at all mandatory anyway.
  • If you submit some ridiculousy good highscore you might be asked for proof: take an in-game screen (repeat: in-game and NOT of Game Center's own leaderboards) and post it in the challenge's thread when you die/loose and the game shows the score (grab a screenshot pushing the HOME + Power buttons at the same time). Failing to provide proof might even invalidate your score.
  • Prizes will be handled only via PM on GAF, so even if you, dear lurker, fool me the joke's on you
  • If you get caught cheating (messing with Game Center or similar scummy tactics) you can probably kiss your NeoGAF's account goodbye forever.

oJ53pjd.jpg

-
tVhsdgt.jpg

If you're a DEVELOPER and would like to put up some prizes (no matter how "little"!) related to your game/s (a few AppStore's codes, swag, anything!) for the next challenges, or if you're a fellow Gaffer who wants to just throw something neat the way of our challenges, simply CONTACT ME via PM.
Just check out some of the past GAF Challenges below to get an idea on how it works out.

IOJrJ5n.jpg

Our friends at Gamagio and Skybound Entertainment really went all the way to prove how much they love NeoGAF and its iOS Gaming Community!
They've provided us with:
15 codes total for their iOS game The Walking Dead: Assault to be given away during the competition for all the participants. One code each day will be given to a player via a randomized raffle, the rest will be awarded as an incentive to pkay the competition.
But that's just the start: ONE lucky gaffer, winner of the competition, will be awarded as a GRAND PRIZE the Hardcover Volume 1 of The Walking Dead (RRP $34.99) which includes the first 12 Episodes. Yeah, that's not it, because the man himself wanted to be involved, so the volume will be SIGNED by The Walking Dead creator ROBERT KIRKMAN! How cool is that?! Really big, big props to Robert and the guys at Skybound who wanted to be a part of this even if we weren't competing with their own game. Thank you guys, you're awesome!

Not our photos said:

Check out The Walking Dead Assault (on sale for 99c!) and support these gaffers' game, it's pretty fucking sweet in my opinion and it reviewed great: it's something you don't see on iOS very often, plus it sports a superb artstyle and it's packed with content with more on the way:

The Walking Dead Assault on the Appstore
8DwjwBg.jpg

Et1Dtz3.png

Play as your favourite characters from The Walking Dead – Rick, Glenn, Shane, Carl, Andrea, Lori and more! Assemble and choose your ultimate team of four, hunt for supplies, upgrade, and use unique special character abilities to survive against the zombie horror!

HrKxIrg.jpg
qJxpnwo.jpg

TWD Assault Official Trailer -Youtube

The Walking Dead Assault: The Official Website

Skybound Official Twitter Page handle: @SKYBOUNDENT

The Walking Dead Assault Official Twitter Page handle: @PlayWalkingDead

Gamagio Official Website Twitter: @gamagiogaming

~

MORE Prizes

UPDATE #2
Stretch goal a la Kickstarter!
If we reach 100 players before the competition ends we're gonna add up a lot of good stuff which will be put in the pot for a raffle between all the participants,
Details are gonna be posted later.
REMEMBER if you're alteady my friend on Gamecenter all you've gotta do is play the game and you're in :)
-
UPDATE #1
Then, because PikPok is really that awesome, they've upped up the ante and decided to sponsor are with:
15 CODES for cute Platform/Puzzler TWANG THE FOX, 10 codes for the best players at the end of the challenge and 5 to be given away during the competition!

twang_title.jpg

TWANG the FOX on iTunes

Twang The Fox Official Trailer on Youtube

~

You see, Gaffers are mostly awesome dudes and member Pray For Death is definitely amongst that kind! PFD decided to support the competition by putting up a $10 US iTunes card for the #2 place of Challenge!
ar6SWUT.jpg

Then you have our kind friends at PikPok and Sidhe who've sponsored so many times with cool swag that I don't know how to thank them anymore. They're offering the #3 place a Steam code for Shatter:
BEjG5g8CUAAVqpO.jpg:large

.. and there's something at least as good as the game itself, we've also got 3 codes for the OST for #3, #4 and #5.
GLLHcHu.jpg

Support these kind gaffers, check out their games!

You can reach the pikpok gaffers at the Official Website and on Twitter @pikpokgames

iTxYv3xbjtKRd.png

NeoGaf's Game Center Master List

Send Dash Kappei or Tunesmith a PM if you want to be added to the list or taken off the list, following this EXACT same text formatting

GAF Name / Name [Game Center ] / iDevice(s)
(e.g. Dash Kappei / Dash Kappei GAF / iPad Mini)

There's a second page on tne GAF iOS Membership List spreadsheet which you can copy/past to Game Center to send friend requests in bulk (at the top click on "for adding to Game Center iOS/OSX).
Spreadsheet 2 is up to date as well.

Thanks to:
Tunesmith for the new sweet banner, the monthly iOS Gaming OTs which are a LOT of work and also for helping out with GAF's iOS List; to teamaxe for his past work.
Thanks to all the devs and publishers who have supported us in the past (PikPok, Beril, Simogo, Skybound... shoot me a pm if I've forgot to mention you, sorry about that!) and also of course to the GAF community as a whole but specifically to some members who have contributed to the prizes' pool (like Pray For Death, Wario 64, myself... again, contact me by pm if I've forgot to mention you -shame on me!-)

Dash Kappei

• HALL OF FAME •

custom_1238730989106_Life-street.jpg

Our former challenges

Canabalt (Ended on p357 of |OT2|, w/o thread) - All Scores, 63 participants - Winner: Dynamite Ringo Matsuri
Mr. Ninja (August 1st to August 7th, 2011) - All Scores, 74 participants - Winner: Koodo
Flick Kick Football (August 16th to August 23rd, 2011) - All Scores, 109 participants - Winner: Numble
Hard Lines (September 1st to September 8th, 2011) - All Scores, 98 participants - Winner: -Pyromaniac-
Bit.Trip.Beat Blitz (September 29th to October 6th, 2011) - All Scores, 33 participants - Winner: Numble

• Canabalt / FINAL RESULTS -All Scores 63 participants

Congratulations, Dynamite Ringo Matsuri aka Zazen_Incidents!

ibrS8TAsOXWgsG.png

• MR. Ninja / FINAL RESULTS -All Scores 74 participants

Congratulations, Kodoo!

ijhFdh6M3fxaO.png

• Flick Kick Football / FINAL RESULTS -All Scores 109 participants

Congratulations, numble!

ilCWvviI5nu2p.png

• Hard Lines / FINAL RESULTS -All Scores 98 participants

Congratulations, -Pyromaniac-!

iLD9h4jArecmq.png

• Bit Trip Blitz / Final Results -All scores 33 participants (1 retired)

Congratulations, numble!

ibenBBeYVunYaq.png

Dash Kappei

it's been a lot of work, I really hope you guys like it.
I've set up everything through my iPad so please be lenient with typos and such, I know the layout isn't godly but I tried my best.

Use this thread to talk everything about the game, ask questions, post screenshots... and twitter if you like!

I've posted it now when GAF is a bit barren, so I know it'll pick up later but it's better for me so I can rest.

Oh, and Robert Kirkman is DA MAN.
Thank you Skybound, Gamagio Games, Pikpok and member Pray For Death for the awesome prizes.

But man, DAT SIGNED VOLUME.. :-Q..

Do I dare? If I wasn't so busy I'd lay the smackdown like I always do but I won't have time.

edit: also sick prizes man. Good job on this one.

Dash Kappei

Do I dare? If I wasn't so busy I'd lay the smackdown like I always do but I won't have time.

edit: also sick prizes man. Good job on this one.

Haha, people will be relieved but I say you could put some toilet time in it :p

Also the thread looks like shit on iPad Mini.
Fuck. I had to post it from the desktop since my internet was acting up, worked the layout for that but didn't realize it would fuck up things... Sob, I've put hours of eork on that shit.

If anybody (Tunesmiiiiiiiith!!! J/k he's super busy already) is capable of fixing it to ve good on both desktop and mobile just contct me and I'll send you the "source code" haha.
Damn, this really pisses me off more than it should but it's do disappointing when you pour so much of your time into something... (。-_-。)

Dash Kappei

Ok, we've our first five participants playing already.
If we don't reach 100 by the end I'm going to end this challenges right here :p :p

anyway, right now:
#1 longest distance traveled is 276.7m by John

Ok, we've our first five participants playing already.
If we don't reach 100 by the end I'm going to end this challenges right here :p :p

Tried to add you on game centre, not sure if I'm doing it right :|

Sorry if you got multiples, if you got no request at all can you let me know?

Edit. Looks like I did it right. Thanks mate. You would have thought Game Centre would have a confirmation or something...

PedroRVD

awww...for some reason Game Center is not saving my scores on the leaderboards...I was so excited about this challenge thing, kudos for the great job.

But I guess I can't participate :(

Is somebody else having problems with iPhone 5? I check the leaderboards and my last run is not updated, then I go out and the game does not recognize my touchs in that menu.

It's the first time I played this in more than a year.

Edit: nevermind, I reseted my iPhone and it is working now.

good luck everybody!

Dash Kappei

Tried to add you on game centre, not sure if I'm doing it right :|

Sorry if you got multiples, if you got no request at all can you let me know?

Edit. Looks like I did it right. Thanks mate. You would have thought Game Centre would have a confirmation or something...

Yeah don't worry you're on my friends list now :)

also sick prizes man. Good job on this one.

damn, impressive prizes

Impressive prizes indeed.

Insane prizes, awesome work

Thanks! But it's really all on gaffer Skybound who was so keen to give us something special and unique!
And Gamagio, Milla from Pikpok and gaffer Pray For Death for the codes of course.

I don't have an IPod cord at the moment or else I would purchase this game and start competing right now! Damn I can't wait, fantastic prizes

How can I still enter for one of those Walking Dead Codes!?

Dash Kappei

Am I right in thinking we just play 'Chapter 1: Day Trip'?

Yes. And good idea, added to the op so people new to the game won't get confused

Where can I find the "How do I hide my Real Name on Game Center?" guide?

There's a link to the post right beside that sentence! Click on that and then scroll to the faq section

I don't have an IPod cord at the moment or else I would purchase this game and start competing right now! Damn I can't wait, fantastic prizes

In this OP http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517252 (probably where this thread was moved from)

What do you mean?
This is the specific thread to post scores, competing, chatting, to ask questions etc.
Then there is also post #2 on the monthly iOS Gaming OT (which for this challenge is the March one of course) which serves as an overview and to inform people if there's a challenge going on and such.
If something's not clear enough don't mind asking more questions :)

Dash Kappei

You just need to play the game and either do a good enough score or get lucky and win the raffle :)

Manax

Nice setup will be playing over the weekend! Bringing back the tiny wings love man I like this game

Does looking at the GC leaderboards in the game lead to anyone else being trapped in that screen.
Might be the OpenFeint stuff causing a bug.

SmokyDave

Does looking at the GC leaderboards in the game lead to anyone else being trapped in that screen.

Yeah, it does for me too. I think there's some sort of bug because if you press the screen about two inches to the left of any of the icons, it selects them. Obviously you can't go two inches left from the back button so you can't exit the screen.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

It's a bug in the iPhone version when running on.. a phone.

There's also a glitch in this game whereas it doesn't record GC progression.

2 out of 3 runs I've done so far haven't registered on Game Center...

Aiii

So not worth it
Got just over 300m on my third try, considering this is my first time playing I have at least some confidence for future runs :)

Manax

God damn that wario. Playing the best I ever have and can't get close.

This is probably the most fun I have had with the game. The competition makes it that little bit more intense

PFD

Also the thread looks like shit on iPad Mini.
Fuck. I had to post it from the desktop since my internet was acting up, worked the layout for that but didn't realize it would fuck up things... Sob, I've put hours of eork on that shit.

If anybody (Tunesmiiiiiiiith!!! J/k he's super busy already) is capable of fixing it to ve good on both desktop and mobile just contct me and I'll send you the "source code" haha.
Damn, this really pisses me off more than it should but it's do disappointing when you pour so much of your time into something... (。-_-。)

Dunno if you fixed it, but it looks totally fine on my iPad 4. Thanks for putting this together. I ended up downloading Tiny Wings even though I already had the HD version. /letsdothis

ekim

God damn that wario. Playing the best I ever have and can't get close.

This is probably the most fun I have had with the game. The competition makes it that little bit more intense

What's Wario's score? I'm at 479,1 now.

Zeth

Hell yeah, need to get back in my Tiny Wings groove. Dash, pretty sure I'm already on your friends list, so I can just play and I'm good?

Cyport

I'm in! Been a while since I saw or played one of these challenges. Does my username appear as cyport on gamecenter?

edit: Just flew 525m but it didn't post to GC :( I keep getting this problem where it doesn't upload my score.
edit2: Got 552.1m and not uploaded. Taking the big P! Mind you someone called during the game and I didn't notice the "welcome back" thing when resuming play. I took a screenshot of the score though.

Dash Kappei

QUESTION:

Do lower case or capital matter when writing Twitter's handle? Do they get the tweet anyway?

BTW:
New top scorer, gaffer/Game Center name:
cyport

Then there's Wario 64 and PedroRVD (Pray For Death)

Dash Kappei

I'm in! Been a while since I saw or played one of these challenges. Does my username appear as cyport on gamecenter?

edit: Just flew 525m but it didn't post to GC :( I keep getting this problem where it doesn't upload my score.
edit2: Got 552.1m and not uploaded. Taking the big P! Mind you someone called during the game and I didn't notice the "welcome back" thing when resuming play. I took a screenshot of the score though.

Exactly, do take a screenshot just in case guys.
It's HOME button + POWER button at the same time.

Btw, you're on top now but it shows your real name (I went in GC's app, searched for your real name and cyport came up).

Hell yeah, need to get back in my Tiny Wings groove. Dash, pretty sure I'm already on your friends list, so I can just play and I'm good?

Yep!
Of course all-time scores don't count unless it has been achieved during this week :p
When you click on a score entry it even says WHEN you've done it

ekim

QUESTION:

Do lower case or capital matter when writing Twitter's handle? Do they get the tweet anyway?

BTW:
New top scorer, gaffer/Game Center name:
cyport

Then there's Wario 64 and PedroRVD (Pray For Death)

WHat's the top score so far?

I'd like to participate, if I'm already on the list of GC handles do I need to do anything else or just play the game?

Edit: never mind, should have read the OP more carefully, just have to add Dash.

PedroRVD

I want to congratulate the people that made this possible...it's the first time I play seriously on my iPhone since 3GS.

My runs were not being posted on Game Center but it got fixed turning off and on the iPhone. Sadly that annoying bug of not being able to go back from the options menu is still there. Every time I check the leaderboards I have to close the app to be able to play again.

Dunno if you fixed it, but it looks totally fine on my iPad 4. Thanks for putting this together. I ended up downloading Tiny Wings even though I already had the HD version. /letsdothis
Do we have to do this? I could have sworn HD was universal but I can't find it on my Purchased list. Don't mind buying it but if HD scores count I'll just play on my iPad.

Edit: gah, should have read the OP again! I'll stop asking dumb questions now.

Dash Kappei

Heads up there a free code giveaway on TWDA for the US on IGN!
Don't worry I knew this from the start, codes are just the lil cherries on top of the prizes.

Btw, reached 35 playersvand Wario64 is on top again!

New entry at #2 with Gamecocks625!

Top Bottom