• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's iOS Weekly Challenge 7: TINY WINGS [DAT PRIZES GENTS! Rob.Kirkman's approved!]

Got 551.3 :D

How do I check if my score saved in gamecenter? Sorry, total noob to this type of stuff... And can I see other people scores through your profile Dash? I'm guessing not

And thanks for answering all my previous questions!

Koodo

Banned
Yass, I made it to island 8 for the first time and I'm on the cusp of breaking the 500m barrier.

Wario64's wig will be mine.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Is it sad that I want the gift card more than the grand prize? I mean, I'd rather let someone invested into the series grab it instead or something

It's crazy, considering I'd do baaaaad things to have it, but I wouldn't say sad :D
Btw, nobody's stopping whoever gets the grand prize to swap it with the card if there's an agreement

Cyport

Just made 617.4m, my first time on Island 10! I see I would be 3rd right now. I took a screenshot again as the score didn't upload yet again! :( I think my score only uploads if I play when the GC "welcome back" thing pops up during that particular level. It doesn't seem to upload when I restart

Dash Kappei

Just made 617.4m, my first time on Island 10! I see I would be 3rd right now. I took a screenshot again as the score didn't upload yet again! :( I think my score only uploads if I play when the GC "welcome back" thing pops up during that particular level. It doesn't seem to upload when I restart

As I've said above, if the Welcome Back message pops up during gameplay it means you were previously disconnected and tiny wings doesn't uploads scores achieved when offline.

Wait for Welcome Back to pop up THEN start playing the level. Never had a score fail to upload.

Cyport

As I've said above, if the Welcome Back message pops up during gameplay it means you were previously disconnected and tiny wings doesn't uploads scores achieved when offline.

Wait for Welcome Back to pop up THEN start playing the level. Never had a score fail to upload.

Ah I must have missed that post. Thanks for clarifying the situation.

Dash Kappei

^^^
All good :)

Was hoping my lead would be bigger than that, don't think I can get much further! Island 9 is so annoying

Damn you guys are incredibly good at this game, I can't even score as good as I used too before the challenge and even then it was less than 500m

Rekwest

I play offline alot and when i get online my records show in GC no problem.

Dash Kappei

I play offline alot and when i get online my records show in GC no problem.

Yeah I know but it has some problems doing so in some version of iOS especially on iPhone. Doesn't seem a problem on iPad. Just wanted to give a heads up to people having problems that's all :)

Dash Kappei

Awesome!

I'll totally do this every week i'm always down for iOS goodness! ;)

PedroKZ on GameCenter

Each challenge goes on for a week but I'll probably have one per month.

Did you send me a friend request (read the op if you haven't yet)?

I had high hopes on 9 today. Left 8 with a good amount of time left and came to a dead stand still on a slope on 9 and killed my run.

I've fallen asleep on the last slope of 9 like ten times over the last few days. I can totally feel my blood pressure rise when I get to that part with just a little light.

Dash Kappei

Today's codes giveaway

The first TWO new players who will join the competition today will get a code each for The Walking Dead Assault for iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch or for TWANG THE FOX by PikPok.
These codes are NOT USA only, they're good for whatever region you're account is bound to.

Just send me a PM or a TWEET at @GAF_iOS_scores
when you've joined the competition to confirm and get the code:)

Gaf Challenge 7 Tiny Wings

First come first serve of course.
Also we have a new TOP10 and have reached the 60 players milestone!

Dash Kappei

Wow, I am really terrible at this game.

I can't get past island 7 for the life of me... Basically if you make an error past island 5/6 you're fucked.

The hilarious thing is that before this competition I've always assumes to be pretty good with my 420m, LOL!

numble

rM6a6rkl.jpg

Sleeping on the launch to island 10 :(

Dash Kappei

Stretch goal a la Kickstarter!
If we reach 100 players before the competition ends we're gonna add up a lot of good stuff which will be put in the pot for a raffle between all the participants,

Details are gonna be posted later.

Flunkie

Banned
Wish the difficulty curve wasn't so great for this game. Unless you entirely fuck up, you can get to 4/5/6 easy. After that it's one mistake and you're done. There needs to be an easier transition. :(

kottila

I have to be one of the most consistent. Always end up between 550 and 560 meters. The first landing on island 4 is my nemesis.

edit: first attempt after writing the post I got to 570. Probably only 15-20 meters left to island 10!

I can't get past island 7 for the life of me... Basically if you make an error past island 5/6 you're fucked.

The hilarious thing is that before this competition I've always assumes to be pretty good with my 420m, LOL!

Yeah I got to level 7, once.

And of course, Gamecenter did not record it!

Gaaraz

Just added you, thanks for sorting this Dash! (I'm currently 47th on my friends list... I didn't even know I had 47 friends!)

I have Dash as a friend, but for some reason none of my scores are showing up on GameCenter. Playing on an iPhone 5. Any ideas what could be wrong?

ekim

544,8 now - got a good level build today. It would be cooler if ALL people would get the same build for a day.

Gaaraz

I am so awful at this game... how do you get to world 5 without any of the (blue?) speed up coins? They're impossible to avoid at times

numble

I am so awful at this game... how do you get to world 5 without any of the (blue?) speed up coins? They're impossible to avoid at times
If you're playing for achievements, I think they change placement every day, so on some days, they're just unavoidable.

Top Bottom