• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

halo 5ive is ogonna use THEE OUCLUS RIFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawsuit waiting to happen, people moving around while blinded to their surroundings...

I doubt playing this standing up is even a good idea.

Intel patent:
hagMSnl.png

Also I want a VR screen which flips up or slides up or something to instantly uncover you're face. Now we're back to Remember Me again.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm honestly surprised at how many people have fundamental misunderstandings of what the Oculus Rift is and how it works. Watch one of the many awesome demo vids online! It's not a 90s style VR headset, yall.

statham

didn't the Rift people say in a interview that they had some big meetings but couldn't talk about them yet?

Kimawolf

so that's how you convince people to swallow Always online, sell them a virtual reality world.... I can dig it MS. Gimme my .HACK real life game!!!!!!

Blizzard

Banned
I wonder what flash grenades will be like
Maybe one of the best ways to get a photosensitive seizure, since if I think bright flickers or flashes in a dark room, especially if you're tired, can cause that.

I remember reading about at least one kid who had a seizure from a flashbang grenade in Counterstrike during a LAN game. If you've never been around someone having a seizure, it's disturbing and you feel helpless.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Is he really using an Intellimouse

Not enough garish red, green, orange, and blue LED's to be a quality mouse? The Intellimouse is one of the best mice for both work and gaming ever manufactured. Basically one of the few 1:1 experiences you can find. If you want to play a competitive FPS or other twitch shooter, the Intellimouse is one of the best choices. Ergonomically, its perfect. Some of the top "pro gaming" mice are the same exact shape with dash of black paint. Don't believe the marketing of 'Gamer' mice, ever increasing dpi is the biggest marketing ploy since the pet rock.

Microsoft, deservedly, gets a lot of derision for it's anti-consumer practices, but they are actually some of the most talented and advanced producers of computer peripherals. The only reason Logitech and Razer have more prolific status is because Microsoft's interest in peripherals is capricious. They put out a well designed product, then quickly kill the entire line for no reason. That and they don't spend millions on marketing, to extol the virtues of adding extraneous plastic, painting everything black, and unnecessary colored LED's; all to capture the aesthetic proclivities of 13 year old males.

jaypah

So this is one of those threads where ms fans like the news so they support the rumor this time?

I don't know about these hypothetical Xbox fans but your real preemptive strike was glorious!

Anyway, I don't think MS has anything planned with OR for Xbox. Probably some research stuff for other purposes.

Enectic

Banned
Lol, strong necro thread. Anyway, about the Oculus, I tried it for the first time last week and, quite honestly, I was not that impressed. The screen door effect, low-detail peripheral vision, and light leakage made the experience a bit jarring. It felt like I was looking through binoculars or something similar to standing really close in front of my TV while cupping my hands around my eyes. It was still a neat experience but needs to improve quite a bit before I would consider this as a replacement to my TV for gaming. This is all my opinion of course.

EDIT: Changed to reflect the replacement as a personal taste. I too believe it will be a long time before VR gets a strong footing in the consumer market.

epmode

Does xbox one even officially support rift?

Nothing has been announced.

It's pretty doubtful that either of the next gen consoles will use it. Even if they support it, outputting a 3D, steady 60FPS image to a 1080P screen will take more horsepower than the consoles can muster.

Lol, strong necro thread. Anyway, about the Oculus, I tried it for the first time last week and, quite honestly, I was not that impressed. The screen door effect, low-detail peripheral vision, and light leakage made the experience a bit jarring. It felt like I was looking through binoculars or something similar to standing really close in front of my TV while cupping my hands around my eyes. It was still a neat experience but needs to improve quite a bit before I would consider this as a complete replacement to the traditional TV. This is all my opinion of course.

I'm really excited about the Rift but I still don't see it as a TV replacement in any way. Not for a long time, anyway.

Deku Tree

It's pretty doubtful that either of the next gen consoles will use it. Even if they support it, outputting a 3D, steady 60FPS image to a 1080P screen will take more horsepower than the consoles can muster.

Even non 3D games don't seem to be doing that on xbone. We could possibly get 30fps 720p 3D on xbone?

Mr.Speedy

Banned
CBOAT with a positive X1 rumor? This guy is good but I just don't see this happening. Microsoft is Co-Hosting the November Oculus Educational Event In Boston so I guess it's technically possible that they could make an announcement. Plus CBOAT does have a legit record...Oh lawd what do I believe...

Enectic

Banned

I'm really excited about the Rift but I still don't see it as a TV replacement in any way. VR may eventually become big enough to challenge TV but it won't happen for a long time.

True, but what I'm getting at (with it's current state) I personally wouldn't use it as a gaming device to replace my TV.

nampad

But I thought cboat only leaks negative MS stuff!!!

This would be megaton, especially because MS is allowing a third party device to work with the Xbone instead of doing a own version.
Sony really needs to counter this, maybe their rumored VR headset turns out true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom