• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon |OT| Sloan's blanket is six feet of my shit.

t-ramp

q3VaIOd.png

26zzgJ2.png

Official Website

Developer: Ubisoft Montreal
Publisher: Ubisoft
Genre: First-person shooter (single-player, open-world)
Platforms: PSN, XBLA, PC
  • Far Cry 3 not required
  • Uplay account required on PC
Price:
Music:
Release Date:
  • PSN: April 30, 2013
  • XBLA/PC: May 1, 2013

hDssQJu.png

The year is 2007. It is the future.

Earth has been ravaged by a nuclear war and new paths for peace must be found.
A U.S. cyborg army may have found a solution: a powerful bioweapon on a distant island.
Sergeant Rex "Power" Colt has been sent over to gather information and figure out what the hell is going on.
Part man, part machine, all American, Rex is a state-of-the-art Mark IV cyber-commando on a mission of vengeance.
Out to bring down his old commanding officer, Colonel Ike Sloan, and his battalion of ruthless killer cyborgs, he'll stop at nothing to get the job done.

Mark IV style, motherfucker!

GqywyO6.png

DVJOo4a.png

Trailers:
Screenshots:

Andrew.

Banned
I dont know about that fucking Faltermeyer Bev Hills Cop shit posted but..

This will definitely go down as one of the best DLCs this gen easily and basically automatically based on presentation and "Long Tall Sally" alone.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well, we'll see. But, RDR was an example of exactly how DLC should be done at a fair price point. This def. follows in those footsteps.

But at least RDR kept the same characters.

This shouldn't even be called Far Cry 3. I don't know why it is, but the fact that it is and has NOTHING to do with Far Cry 3 vanilla makes it hilarious.

But at least RDR kept the same characters.

This shouldn't even be called Far Cry 3. I don't know why it is, but the fact that it is and has NOTHING to do with Far Cry 3 vanilla makes it hilarious.

It really should have been just Blood Dragon, but they are trying to ride the coat tails of FC3 for sales. So a tiny bit of artistic integrity sacrificed for the greater good. I'd say if they wanted to make expansions, stand-alones like this, they could call it Call of Halo Sugar Cats: Blood Dragon II'ier for all I care. As long as they keep making it like this.

I love the aesthetic and humor of this but I'm really hesitant to buy because FarCry 3's gameplay bored me very fast and the gameplay seems mostly unchanged.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
man totally forgot this was coming out next week. so in for day one. nice week for me between this, soul sacrifice and deadly premonition.

Tesseract

Banned
I finished in about 3 hours. Good game, and The Thing theme is there. Really nice music.

word?

It really should have been just Blood Dragon, but they are trying to ride the coat tails of FC3 for sales. So a tiny bit of artistic integrity sacrificed for the greater good. I'd say if they wanted to make expansions, stand-alones like this, they could call it Call of Halo Sugar Cats: Blood Dragon II'ier for all I care. As long as they keep making it like this.

it's pretty much a fc3 mod, so it fits. kinda.

Oh phooey, ignore the aesthetics and the gameplay itself looks exactly like an expansion to Far Cry 3.

Sober

So 30 bucks this month for this and Monaco. Nice.

Time to watch some 80s action movies in anticipation.

Oh phooey, ignore the aesthetics and the gameplay itself looks exactly like an expansion to Far Cry 3.

Well it is based off of a mod. So yes, but the themes, music, weapons, animations are super cool. You don't get many games like this from a major studio with a big budget. I like seeing these risks made and hopefully rewarded. It makes it feel fresh. But yes, it's a reskinned FC3 with an awesome theme.

Top Bottom