• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon |OT| Sloan's blanket is six feet of my shit.

Kajiba

The frame is here, woo !

fcbnbgi.jpg

Thats awesome.

It does annoy me that they have essentially a completed game that can be played from start to finish just sitting there. Do they have some financial forecasts or something that they must meet that requires them to wait to release it? I don't see why they wouldn't release it now, it's done.

On an entirely different subject. I wonder, in the history of games, has DLC, received DLC?

haikira

It does annoy me that they have essentially a completed game that can be played from start to finish just sitting there. Do they have some financial forecasts or something that they must meet that requires them to wait to release it? I don't see why they wouldn't release it now, it's done.

Was the leaked version gold? I'd doubt it. Plus, these things need to go through certification with the likes of Microsoft.

pakkit

Banned
I'm genuinely concerned about repetitive design. Visually and stylistically the game is hitting all the right notes.

haikira

Completely playable from start to finish on the PC at least. There were(not sure anymore) complete walkthroughs on Youtube.

Being playable from start to finish isn't everything though. For instance, Microsofts certification process for the 360 takes a few weeks and if i'm not mistaken, quite a bit of money too. They probably want to give AMD and Nvidia a few weeks to update profiles for it, though i doubt there'll need to be much done if it's just a reskin of vanilla FC3. But you never know.

Yeah made the poster myself (have the printing equipment at work).

Who/What is Signal Noise ?

Signal Noise is actually a friend of mine. He's an incredibly talented graphic-designer based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia (Canada).

He designed that poster and lots of material for this game, plus he did the logo for the film "Hobo with a Shotgun", a poster for the film "Drive" that was quite popular and lots of other awesome work.

You can check out his blog here: http://blog.signalnoise.com/

Or an interview I did with him a few years back: here

Signal Noise is actually a friend of mine. He's an incredibly talented graphic-designer based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia (Canada).

He designed that poster and lots of material for this game, plus he did the logo for the film "Hobo with a Shotgun", a poster for the film "Drive" that was quite popular and lots of other awesome work.

You can check out his blog here: http://blog.signalnoise.com/

Or an interview I did with him a few years back: here

That is one talented mother fucker, thanks for informing me about him, he does some cool stuff ! Really like some of the old poster concepts on there.

Nokterian

Got the pre order,my body is ready. Also that soundtrack is going on a cd and full volume in my car. Pumping that 80's vibe through the streets.

Goddamnit I didn't know we had an OT :p

Very hyped. Expecting the gameplay to be anywhere from serviceable to complete ass, but the only reasons I'm on board anyways is because the game's cheap and it's got heart, so I'll try not to bitch too much.

MrDaravon

Taking the release date off work. Hearing it's short/exactly like FC3 I'm okay with considering the price; my main concern was probably the whole conceit/gimmick getting way overplayed and tiring so that's probably for the best actually.

Sooooo tomorrow is the day for PSN right?

"I've got one page with nine fucks on it."

God, this year is disappearing so fast.

Gonna go put money on my PSN account while playing the OST at max volume. Each number I press will be a thousand thunderclaps, each dollar I add will be the sins of a thousand men, each second I spend waiting for payment confirmation will be like a thousand eternities.

Decided this is Day 1 material. Even if I don't get most of the references (being a '90s baby) it's still Far Cry 3, my favorite FPS of the last decade.

Karak

I will most assuredly be doing a review of this for Angry Centaur Gaming. I am digging the looks of this. I can't wait!

Awesome poster by the way.

Estocolmo

Just finished the game. Took me less than 5 hours to complete the story line, sidemissions and to capture all garrisons. . :( Didn't find an option to repopulate the garrisons with enemies...

Is your name AngryJoe?

The game costs 15 dollars ffs! And I dont care if its "only" 5 hours of game, quality is more important than quantity...

Top Bottom