• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obsidian/Mail.ru partner to develop MMORPG Skyforge [Up: Feargus Confirms]

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-05-17-obsidian-and-mail-ru-games-partner-up-for-skyforge-mmo

"Skyforge is very interesting and promising project. I am glad that Obsidian Entertainment is involved in working on this game," said Obsidian CEO Feargus Urquhart. "I am confident that the cooperation with the Allods Team will be a great experience for all of us."

---

The partnership was announced on КРИ.

Source
take a look at the adress line

Skyforge:

sf_art3.jpg

SkyForge-1.png

7c5d2344.jpeg

skyforge1_0.jpg

no details on partnership have been given yet.

jtb

Banned
yes this is a great idea, let's make a game that utilizes absolutely none of obsidian's strengths. good god, how desperate are they over there anyways...

subversus

"Also this MMORPG has no exp and levels."

Interest rising.

it's F2P, uses "target" system (when you click on a character ans use skills, I don't play such MMOs, so I don't know what that means), 15 classes will be available.

Venin

I really don't know how to feel about this. I love obsidian but we really don't need another goddamn MMORPG...

Venin

An Obsidian MMORPG is the only one that matters.

Neverwinter, Elder Scrolls, FFXIV: Realm Reborn, Wildstar, Phantasy Star Online 2, Wizardry, Bless, Black Desert, etc.

Seriously, we have enough, even if it is by Obsidian...

EDIT: Oh right, I totally forgot about the new MonHun MMO.

Xiaoki

If this has ANY connection to Allods Online or the team that made Im definitely not touching it.

Dont care how many levels it doesnt have or how many classes it does have.

subversus

If this has ANY connection to Allods Online or the team that made Im definitely not touching it.

Dont care how many levels it doesnt have or how many classes it does have.

the same team + some people from IL-2, Demiurgs, first Allods (The Cursed Islands), Silent Storm, HoMM V.

spirity

it's F2P, uses "target" system (when you click on a character ans use skills, I don't play such MMOs, so I don't know what that means), 15 classes will be available.

Tab targeting, or tab to target.

-

I used to be a huge advocate of MMO's but that was some time ago. Whenever I see a new one announced now, I just groan to myself because I know it will either suck, or be ok and nothing more than just ok. Same old shit, just a different name. No levels or xp is interesting, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict this one will crash and burn just like the others. Kinda wish developers and publishers would stop throwing money at the genre, and use it elsewhere really.

Killzig

The 'do-not-want' is strong in this news. Thankfully since they're only co-developing it won't tank the company. Right?

Wallach

Wonder what they are getting involved with, there's a whole shitload of aspects to MMO development that no ailing studio should want anything to do with.

Labadal

It seems to be confirmed, but we don't know what role Obsidian has. Their writers should be busy, but maybe their artists are in on this, I don't really know.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-05-17-obsidian-and-mail-ru-games-partner-up-for-skyforge-mmo

Skyforge is very interesting and promising project. I am glad that Obsidian Entertainment is involved in working on this game," said Obsidian CEO Feargus Urquhart. "I am confident that the cooperation with the Allods Team will be a great experience for all of us.

Vlodril

Obsidian is farming out the talent to keep the lights on? This is one weird combination. Would have liked some more info.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
MMO .. Obsidian..

So this is the game that might finally kill Obsidian? I have a bad feeling about this.

Ashodin

Neverwinter, Elder Scrolls, FFXIV: Realm Reborn, Wildstar, Phantasy Star Online 2, Wizardry, Bless, Black Desert, etc.

Seriously, we have enough, even if it is by Obsidian...

EDIT: Oh right, I totally forgot about the new MonHun MMO.

You forgot the big daddy who will show up on August 1st.

EVERQUEST NEXT

Top Bottom