• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obsidian/Mail.ru partner to develop MMORPG Skyforge [Up: Feargus Confirms]

Labadal

Urquhart speaking. The video is one hour long. I've just taken all of this from the Obsidian forum. Most of this was posted by user C2B.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUOiVbpyr2c&feature=player_embedded

• Obsidian's Plans
  • No Engine Development
  • Make RPG Tools
  • Quick Iteration
  • Build from Center
  • PC and Tablets
  • Have Fun!

Some information about Skyforge

- Huge World (up to 40 km viewing distance)
- 15 classes
- No levels/XP

amazon-horned-frog_44fspfg.jpg

duckroll

I... don't think that video has anything to do with Skyforge at all. Isn't that just a panel at the Russian Game Developers' Conference where he's talking about game development in general?

Labadal

I... don't think that video has anything to do with Skyforge at all. Isn't that just a panel at the Russian Game Developers' Conference where he's talking about game development in general?

It is true. It just wasn't topic worthy. It was also at this event that the whole Skyforge thing was announced.

My disappointment is at the fact that they might scrap their own engine development. And the mentioning of tablets.

Neverwinter, Elder Scrolls, FFXIV: Realm Reborn, Wildstar, Phantasy Star Online 2, Wizardry, Bless, Black Desert, etc.

Seriously, we have enough, even if it is by Obsidian...

EDIT: Oh right, I totally forgot about the new MonHun MMO.
Too many video games! There's way too many!\

I don't have high hopes for this one though.

Top Bottom