• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft releases new Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV screenshots

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think these were included with the press release to announce the games for Xbox One, but I hadn't seen them anywhere else.

image_assassin_s_cree89u0u.jpg

image_watch_dogs-2211fpu13.jpg
Source: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_xo_ac4_watch_dogs_confirmed-14067_en.html

rakhir

Damn, what's with that Watch Dogs screenshot? Somebody could translate that for us?

Also: i absolutely love the picture, i hope every character on the streets in Watch Dogs is a developer or their friend and has some kind of an awesome facebook foto attached to them.

Seda

Damn, what's with that Watch Dogs screenshot? Somebody could translate that for us?

Also: i absolutely love the picture, i hope every character on the streets in Watch Dogs is a developer or their friend and has some kind of an awesome facebook foto attached to them.

Small image but

5HZkuZJ.jpg

SJRB

Gold Member
Any confirmation if these games are going to be running at 1080p on ps4/X1?

Nothing specific regarding performance, especially since Xbone was announced mere days ago. The only thing the devs confirmed was more complex calculations for wind, water, AI patterns and NPC spawns and such.

But E3 is close.

Except, there really isn't. Shooting everywhere. At least for the larger titles with huge budgets the majority care about.

Really? You can't belittle games and ignore them just because they don't all have massive budgets. There are tons of racers, fighting games are back with a vengeance, there is more variety in the RPG genre than I dare try to detail, MMO, F2P, hack n slashers, indie games and not to mention Kickstarter.

There is more variety in the games industry today than a long while.

Sethos

Banned
Really? You can't belittle games and ignore them just because they don't all have massive budgets. There are tons of racers, fighting games are back with a vengeance, there is more variety in the RPG genre than I dare try to detail, hack n slashers, indie games and not to mention Kickstarter.

There is more variety in the games industry today than a long while.

And what does that have to do with a guy asking for a sandbox title to not be shooting? Because Watch_Dogs seemed like a concept where there was other things in play than shooting but slowly you realized it's just another shooter basically. I'd agree, like many big-budget games these days that are shooters, I'd like to see more well-crafted games that tone that element down a bit ... All we ask. So because there's an ocean of indie titles that a lot of people don't give a shit about, it doesn't actually outweigh or make up for that request.

Sethos

Banned
Ubi devs on average make good games, its just their polish give them a bad name.

I'd say it is their knack for making really repetitive sandbox titles. Far Cry 3 was the most mind-numbingly repetitive copy & paste product that got too much praise this generation. I was stoked about AC3 as I love that era to death but after 2 hours I couldn't go on any more. Ubisoft feels like it's run by people who really don't care about the games but are running through a huge checklist of stuff they need to add.

Persona86

Banned
And what does that have to do with a guy asking for a sandbox title to not be shooting? Because Watch_Dogs seemed like a concept where there was other things in play than shooting but slowly you realized it's just another shooter basically. I'd agree, like many big-budget games these days that are shooters, I'd like to see more well-crafted games that tone that element down a bit ... All we ask. So because there's an ocean of indie titles that a lot of people don't give a shit about, it doesn't actually outweigh or make up for that request.

Shooting ruined Bioshock Infinite for me. Some games need less focus on shooting.

GTA V will be shooting done right, because that's an open world game where shooting makes more sense, also it has Max Payne 3 mechanics but open world!! drools.

Sethos

Banned
Shooting ruined Bioshock Infinite for me. Some games need less focus on shooting.

Ha, that's exactly the game I had in mind which basically has me a bit down over the AAA shooting fetish. A team that crafts such a beautiful world, story and adds some amazing music to accompany this, I hardly dare say it, work of art. Then after that beautiful intro that had me breathless ... You pick up a gun which is equivalent to someone smearing paint stripper on the Mona Lisa. It's not even in moderation, it just turns into a full-blown pewpew action title.

My comment above is probably just the same bitterness from that, it blew my mind.

Nags

Banned
These look less like bullshots, or they are getting really good at it? Is that motion blur I see in the ACIV screen?

Persona86

Banned
Ha, that's exactly the game I had in mind which basically has me a bit down over the AAA shooting fetish. A team that crafts such a beautiful world, story and adds some amazing music to accompany this, I hardly dare say it, work of art. Then after that beautiful intro that had me breathless ... You pick up a gun which is equivalent to someone smearing paint stripper on the Mona Lisa. It's not even in moderation, it just turns into a full-blown pewpew action title.

My comment above is probably just the same bitterness from that, it blew my mind.

I had the same feelings. We really need to evolve gameplay for such games.

Top Bottom