• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable 3 free on Xbox Live Marketplace for Gold members

Status
Not open for further replies.

louiedog

Go to the Fable 3 listing on the Xbox Live Marketplace.
Click the "Download to xbox 360" button.
It will show as $19.99. Do not buy.
Click "use microsoft points"
It will be listed as free.
Confirm your purchase.

People are reporting that it also works on the console.

E1uOQIJ.jpg

Found on CAG.

malfcn

How do people find this stuff?
Came up free, didn't even have to touch a button.
That makes Fable 2 and 3 free for me.

VanWinkle

Man. I almost thought Microsoft was actually doing something to make Gold worth it's money, lol. Should've known better.

Cool little exploit, though. If I still had Gold I'd get it.

LycanXIII

From the actual console, it shows up as "Free" without having to change to MSP.

Also, I know Fable 2 had the first "act" free, and then you had to pay for the other two. Is this the same, or the full game?

Presco

My XBL sub expired today. I redeemed my GTA4 1 month free XBL Gold to grab it, lol.

My Live expires next week and I can't even be bothered to turn on my box and waste the bandwidth. I had stacked several years of the $1 / month promos based on a thread that you posted waaaay back and the time has finally run out.

So this isn't intended right? Just some glitch/oversight or are they trying to do something like the free games for Playstation plus?

Jhoan

It worked like a charm. Even though I heard awful things about this game; particularly there being absolutely no menus in this game, free stuff is free stuff so who can complain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom