• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable 3 free on Xbox Live Marketplace for Gold members

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I wonder... it actualy says "free" when you go to the game on your Xbox marketplace

On the website, it actually says the price (19.99) and then PRice for Gold Members (19.00).

It seems the promotion didn't kick in for the actual moneys, but it's already Free for gamerpoints, because it shows up as straight up free on the 360.

It's probably something for tomorrow.

GamerJM

Banned
Gah, I would do this, but my XBL uses my mom's E-Mail address (made it when I was a lot younger) and Xbox.com won't let me buy anything without sending a code to the E-Mail address to make sure it's my account. By the time my mom forwards the code to my E-Mail this will probably be fixed.

Can't do this on my 360 because I'm at college and I literally just took my 360 home yesterday when I was packing up for leaving on Thursday.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Gah, I would do this, but my XBL uses my mom's E-Mail address (made it when I was a lot younger) and Xbox.com won't let me buy anything without sending a code to the E-Mail address to make sure it's my account. By the time my mom forwards the code to my E-Mail this will probably be fixed.

You know you can totally change your email address, right?

I changed from some old hotmail I had to my current, gmail address.

louiedog

People are reporting it working on the console as well. If you have access to it, try there.

edit: And then you edited your post. :)

Kyzon

Sooooo Fable 4 announcement tomorrow? Then they'll announce that they've made Fable 3 free?

Sounds about right.

Asscreed 3
DnD Daggerdale
Fable 3

These must be the saddest unintentionally free games in history.

I'll take AssCreed 3 for free, how do I get that?

Anyway in for one Fable 3, free is good in my book.

Now, how do I makes sure I don't get banned for a being a JM astroturfing for MSFT?

GamerJM

Banned
You know you can totally change your email address, right?

I changed from some old hotmail I had to my current, gmail address.

Tried doing that but then it said that in order to do that it would take 30 days for the change to take place.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
"And for our legacy XBox 360 users, you'll now get a game for free every month if you're a gold user."

"And don't forget: Every XBox One Gold Member also has access to gold on the Legacy XBox 360, so you can too enjoy those free games"

Fingers crossed

Thanks a lot for this! I used this promo and got the game.

How did you get those other two games for free?
Spill the beans.

Those were both games that were accidentally free in other regions a while back.

Mayyhem

Someone tell me how to get it on the console since they're security code system online is fucking stupid.

just go to games tab, search games, type fable 3, click it then click download, it should say free. if it says the $ value press x to go to ms points and it'll say free

All we need is Fable Kinect to go free and the entire X360 series will be had for free at some point. Lol.

I pity those who want to play Fable Kinect :(

Card Boy

Banned
I went though like 100 games to see if there is another pricing exploit using the same method, no dice....

NCIS is pretty cheap in MS points here lol.

Gurrry

It keeps saying that I have to verify my account with my email, but the email its using is old and I no longer have access to it.

Its saying that I have to wait a month to delete my old verifying email to my new one.. Is there a way around this dumb crap?

edit: nvm, someone had same issue, console store works too

Skunkers

"And for our legacy XBox 360 users, you'll now get a game for free every month if you're a gold user."

"And don't forget: Every XBox One Gold Member also has access to gold on the Legacy XBox 360, so you can too enjoy those free games"

Fingers crossed

Yeah right.

I hate to say it, but I would consider the Xbone if they do that. For all the crappy news that's come out about the Xbone, the main reason I'm staying PS4 next-gen is that I refuse to pay for Live anymore when PS+ is so much better. Still going PS4 next-gen, but if MS gives free games on Gold I will begrudgingly also get an Xbone later.

I'm part of the problem, I know.

Enectic

Banned
I didn't have do anything "special" to make it work. Right when I go to the game information page on my Xbox it says "Free Download" on the tile. Maybe it's on purpose?

EDIT: Or is this already known?

Is it gone? When I change the payment option on console it shows up as 1600 points and on the site it says I cannot download it at this moment.

T2K

Neo Member
Thanks for the heads up. "Purchased" and then deleted from download queue. Not going to waste the bandwidth.. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom