• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2014 Gamescom Trailer - Console demo on 11/12 of September, PC soon after launch

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! SPFC 1993!

Yes, Konami! I'll buy your game!

35156.jpg

rvy

Banned
I understand there is a pc version but I was basing my purchase on the demo for it, having been burned so many years with the franchise, no demo means im not investing in it :(.

Re-read my post and it does sound misleading, amended

I'm not condoning anything here, but there are other ways of trying out the game on PC, since they're not offering you a valid chance to do it.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I'm not condoning anything here, but there are other ways of trying out the game on PC, since they're not offering you a valid chance to do it.

True but while Ive no issue with others doing it, thats not a side of things ill invest in, to each their own. If the reviews are solid ill take a punt, as negative as I come across in this thread I want pes to be great again, nothing beats old pes games and Fifa needs competent challengers.

rvy

Banned
Hey, Mr Cola

Adam Bhatti ‏@Adam_Bhatti 1m
OK PC gamers good news, PC demo will come very very soon after launch. The team understand users need to try before they buy. More info soon

;)

Looks fantastic, I want it! But I'll never buy a $60 dollar sports game ever again. I will get this at some point though.

Looking forward to the demo.

Jack cw

Gamersyde player seems to know how to use skill moves.

Did he play against the AI? Because the french players werent marked with a colour. If so then, the AI is fantastic. They react adaptive and shift their positions relative to the player with the ball... this opens up the game so much. I hate FIFA for its stupid "we make no mistake AI".

rvy

Banned
Did he play against the AI? Because the french players werent marked with a colour. If so then, the AI is fantastic. They react adaptive and shift their positions relative to the player with the ball... this opens up the game so much. I hate FIFA for its stupid "we make no mistake AI".

Yup, AI. Not sure which level, maybe Pro. Turns out that it's the AI using skills moves, since they're France.

Good show.

aganu

Hey, Mr Cola

;)
I think they need to improve their communication with fans. First he said no PC demo, now it's right after console release (seems he had to contact the team back in JP for info). He should have said PC demo TBC from the beginning not "no demo"... This is like PR 101.

rvy

Banned
I think they need to improve their communication with fans. First he said no PC demo, now it's right after console release (seems he had to contact the team back in JP for info). He should have said PC demo TBC from the beginning not "no demo"... This is like PR 101.

I told you, monkeys.

Actually, no. That would be offensive to monkeys.

Sou

On top of that, console demo was said to be August, but now it's September...
What else can we expect to see changed at the last minute?

MPW

Where is Real Madrid classic kit, Konami?

i have a bad feeling commentary is still f'n horrible

Hmm the keepers still made me cringe a bit in that 60fps video but wow that looks awesome overall, thanks for uploading! :D Seems like PES 2014 will be a good day one purchase this year and as far as the trailer goes it's amazing to see that what we have ingame now looks similar to the CGs of the PS2 intros!

Speaking of which... I wish they would get back into this musical direction :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1kJbVCC2gw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPtzg6c3ojo

These intros and especially the songs always hyped me up to play the games while nowadays I skip everything of this pseudo-Champions League showcase :/

Yup, AI. Not sure which level, maybe Pro. Turns out that it's the AI using skills moves, since they're France.

Good show.

Eh, all teams in PES2013 would use skill moves on higher difficulties, so it doesn't really say anything that French players are doing it.

EDIT: Unless skill moves are those that only certain players can do.

rvy

Banned
Eh, all teams in PES2013 would use skill moves on higher difficulties, so it doesn't really say anything that French players are doing it.

EDIT: Unless skill moves are those that only certain players can do.

I mean that the AI is France because there's no cursor below the name, not that they're France because they use skill moves.

Boca vs Colo Colo

rvy

Banned
I wonder how it feels when you're actually in control, but from watching this video it looks pretty good. It animates so beautifully.

Some concerns about responsiveness from people who played the previous build at Windsor. People who played the show-floor version at Gamescom say it's fine and people who played the most recent build that's not available at the show-floor says it's fine as well.

It's unfortunate that every video we've gotten is from people who play this like previous games, which causes some weird shit to go down.
I guess we need to get used to it at first.

I hope they sell a lot of classic kits through DLC. Hopefully this expands into actual players next year.

Zidane with Player ID would be a glorious sight <3.

IGN United vs Bayern

rvy

Banned
good bye fifa.

You seen the FIFA14 off-screen gameplay for Xbox One from IGN? Basically, FIFA 14 current-gen with cloth physics, even the footplanting and animations remain awful.

I miss FIFA 08/EURO 2008 footplanting and animation. I really do.

feel

Those gameplay videos are sweet, specially Blim's 60fps one.

Shame about the PC demo, will have to dust off one of the old consoles for this.

Any word on the Steam release date?

Robso

Liking what I see. Looking forward to the demo.

Was weird to see Jonny Evans with a skin head and Rafael with hair like Ruud Gullit.

Hasney

Goddamn this engine. I may end up pre-ordering before the demo at this rate the more I see. That month of waiting is going to be hard (like my erection for this game).

rvy

Banned
Goddamn this engine. I may end up pre-ordering before the demo at this rate the more I see. That month of waiting is going to be hard (like my erection for this game).

Demo is still 2 weeks away :'(

Adam Bhatti &#8207;@Adam_Bhatti 6m
More clarifying. 3rd kits DLC is as revealed in Gamescom trailer. Just 3 of them. The game itself will include a large variety of 3rd kits

Kinan

As I said in the Gamescom impressions thread, PES on PS3 looked like ass, very low res. I even took a second look on the controller to see if I have a PS2 version accidentally. :/ My main disappointment of the show, was really looking forward to it. New animations are really nice and overall gameplay was pretty good, if somewhat slower than I expected.
Guess it will be discounted PC version for me after new year.

rvy

Banned
Some more info about pre-order DLC:

Adam Bhatti &#8207;@Adam_Bhatti 3h
More clarifying. 3rd kits DLC is as revealed in Gamescom trailer. Just 3 of them. The game itself will include a large variety of 3rd kits

Adam Bhatti &#8207;@Adam_Bhatti 3h
Ok finally this time, really have to go, all pre-order DLC will be made available to all fans later on. Free as always. Speak soon!

So the pre-order DLC is just 3 alternative kits, all the other alternative kits will be included in the game. The classic kits will be released later on as free, along with these 3 alternate kits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqpTykW_NSU

This game is looking good. Ball awareness seems to be improved as well.

I think those problems are more a reflection of the ability of who's playing than of the AI itself. And those two people playing the game don't seem very proficient at it, so I'm not worried.

I think those problems are more a reflection of the ability of who's playing than of the AI itself. And those two people playing the game don't seem very proficient at it, so I'm not worried.

Actually, I meant that the AI reactions to a loose ball seem much better than than in 2013. That was one of the main problems with PES 2013.

rvy

Banned
Actually, I meant that the AI reactions to a loose ball seem much better than than in 2013. That was one of the main problems with PES 2013.

Reading comprehension fail on my part, sorry. I thought you were saying that there's AI issues in terms of awareness.

Top Bottom