• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2014 Gamescom Trailer - Console demo on 11/12 of September, PC soon after launch

rvy

Banned
[Official] gamescom Trailer HD [PES 2014]

Pro Evolution Soccer ‏@officialpes 25m
#PES2014 #Gamescom trailer is live: http://youtu.be/-JSGPE3McGQ

Pro Evolution Soccer ‏@officialpes 44m
#PES2014 demo will be available on September 11th on PS3, 12th on Xbox 360!

Pro Evolution Soccer ‏@officialpes 45m
It's official! #PES2014 is coming on September 19th in Europe and September 20th in the UK!

PES 2014: A new era in football begins on September 19th/20th

KONAMI's game-changing football classic returns in all-new form with new Champions League cover, demo timing and DLC content revealed
KONAMI Digital Entertainment B.V. has confirmed it will release the genre-redefining PES 2014 on September 19th throughout Europe and in the UK on September 20th on PlayStation®3 as a physical and downloadable title, Xbox 360® and Windows PC. The PES Productions studio has also announced demo details which will showcase a new take on football and launch following the gamescom event in Cologne.

PES 2014, which has been nominated for Best Sports Game at the Cologne showcase, ushers in a new era of football gaming, combining the celebrated FOX engine with unique new football systems which have allowed the development team to rework every aspect of the title. The PES team's aim is to convey the ebb and flow of a real top-level match, from the way players look and move, through to the effect a disenchanted or galvanized crowd can have on the team and individuals. This will also be showcased in a new trailer set to debut at gamescom, with a special "Giant Killing" montage showing the "Heart" system in action.

At PES 2014's epicenter lies the all-new Trueball Tech, wherein the ball reacts as a separate entity and is not tied in to the movements of the player. Instead, barycentric physics allow the user to control the weight shifting movement of players independently, creating true to life one-on-one situations. A new Motion Animation Stability System (MASS) ensures realistic contact and jostling between individuals with multiple outcomes for both the players and the ball making for a much freer and less predictable gameplay experience. This level of realism is also extended into the way players move, the way teams play, and even down to an incredible aesthetic level, wherein the distinctive weaves on their shirts can be seen.

As befits a major new era for the PES series, KONAMI has also unveiled a unique cover approach for the game. With KONAMI the exclusive holders of the UEFA Champions League competition, the game's packaging will highlight PES 2014's replication of the competition, rather than concentrating on players. PES embodies the aspirations, skill and determination that shine through in Europe?s premier club competition, and the new packshot uses the globally familiar iconography of the tournament. The packshot will be used across Europe and in US as well as Canada.

The release of the game will be preceded by a playable demo, which will be available from September 11th on PS3 and the following day for Xbox 360. The demo will be fully representative of the final game, allowing users to play as several teams within a full match scenario, and to experience the individuality PES 2014 offers in terms of player movement and skill. The demo will also include a tutorial element, to help familiarize users with the overhauled controls.

KONAMI has also detailed a raft of DLC elements for the new game, with a number of pre-order elements confirmed. Those pre-ordering PES 2014 from certain retailers will be given DLC codes to add exclusive Classic European and Latin American kits to the main game. These include famed sides such as Benfica, Manchester United, AS Roma and AC Milan. Additional digital pre-orders and digital purchasers post-launch will be able to access a limited release DLC, which will add third kits for teams such as Manchester United and Juventus, and multiple Latin American 3rd kits.

Roster updates, new kit elements and additional DLC will also be regularly available during PES 2014's lifespan.

PES 2014 will be released for PlayStation®3, Xbox 360® and Windows PC on September 19th/20th. Versions for PlayStation®2 and PSP (PlayStation®Portable) will follow.

Dirty kits are back <3.

Edit, CLASSIC TEAM KITS HOLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SHIT

BENFICA 61-62

I LOVE YOU KONAMI

omgqpk2v.png

omg26qlaj.png

Edit,

Adam Bhatti &#8207;@Adam_Bhatti 1m
OK PC gamers good news, PC demo will come very very soon after launch. The team understand users need to try before they buy. More info soon

Cess007

Didn't they said the Demo will be out on August? Oh well, i guess i just have to wait 2 more weeks to try it :)

PaulLFC

I don't give a shit after the Classic team kis announcement. I'm in love.

Based Kei Masuda.

Based Konami.

It's just another 2 weeks anyway.
True, I just really want to play this now after seeing the gameplay videos. Looks so good.

rvy

Banned
I guess I'm pre-ordering PES 2014 then, lol. I need that Benfica kit in my life.
Hopefully we got a lot of gameplay captures from Gamescom.

Sou

This trailer is a mess. I have no idea what they are trying to convey, and the framerate looks horrible during the panning over the stadium.

The initial gameplay video from IGN looked promising, but why is it always a roller coaster ride building up to the release nowdays with the PES series.

Fingers crossed that the game doesn't disappoint...

rvy

Banned
This trailer is a mess. I have no idea what they are trying to convey,

That in this game smaller teams can beat European giants if you're good enough of a player. God forbid someone doesn't use Barça or Real online with football games.

BSLWWpyCMAAlTtX.png:large

feel

Odd trailer from a marketing standpoint, but I enjoyed it haha. Gameplay is looking good.

Sucks that the demo got pushed back. :(

Sou

That in this game smaller teams can beat European giants if you're good enough of a player. God forbid someone doesn't use Barça or Real online with football games.

Maybe they should have shown some gameplay if that is what they want to get across.

I have no idea if the footage is using in-game engine, but the way it is presented, the whole trailer looked like subpar CG. The moment the ball is kicked towards Neuer, the movement of the ball looked strange and that stood out like a sore thumb.

Again, this trailer looked more like some start-up CG loop footage re-purposed to be a trailer rather than a trailer that is designed to sell/promote the game.
I was totally hyped up before watching it, but came away more confused than ever. I guess this is expected considering who they hired to do this job.

rvy

Banned
Maybe they should have shown some gameplay if that is what they want to get across.

I have no idea if the footage is using in-game engine, but the way it is presented, the whole trailer looked like subpar CG. The moment the ball is kicked towards Neuer, the movement of the ball looked strange and that stood out like a sore thumb.

Again, this trailer looked more like some start-up CG loop footage re-purposed to be a trailer rather than a trailer that is designed to sell/promote the game.

You have no idea if it's CG? Have you yet to watch a single piece of footage from the game? No, it's not CG.

If anything, the actual gameplay footage, without cinematic camera angles or whatever, looks far better than the trailer.

iiOlFABh0WlWM.gif

PaulLFC

I was totally hyped up before watching it, but came away more confused than ever. I guess this is expected considering who they hired to do this job.
Have you been following the announcements? They detailed the heart system ages ago, which is what the trailer is focused on. It was in-engine too, not CG - look at the gameplay videos posted up to now.

Tomallica

Neo Member
You have no idea if it's CG? Have you yet to watch a single piece of footage from the game? No, it's not CG.

If anything, the actual gameplay footage, without cinematic camera angles or whatever, looks far better than the trailer.

iiOlFABh0WlWM.gif

That almost looks real!

the movement on balotelli is amazing.

getting hyped now.

Gutted liverpool team up with fifa, the year i finally make a switch back to pro

Kiraly

Is the option file only available on PC or also on PS3?

Will buy for glorious Champions League tune alone.

NoTacos

I love PES so much over FIFA. Though the gameplay could stand to be more polished, the graphics and physics/collision system is amazing.

Heartbroken it won't be coming to next gen but I respect the fact they didn't want to make just another current gen port and wanted to try to bring something truly innovative with PES 2015.

rvy

Banned
Adam Bhatti &#8207;@Adam_Bhatti 48s

Key because we wanted a demo to represent the final game. Tough choice, but best for the game. Sorry for the delay.

Adam Bhatti &#8207;@Adam_Bhatti 3m

Hey guys, in interviews all day. Announcements have mixed a lot of people thoughts up. First off, sorry for demo date in Sept, but key

I accept your apologies. Only because you've made me a very happy man with the Classic European Kits.

Pafnucy

A weaker team get their ass kicked, then they train a lot, get better and in the end they kill the giant. Is this trailer supposed to be a metaphor of PES vs FIFA rivalry?

Jack cw

The animations are amazing this time. With applied physics this could get really interesting. I wonder if Konami puts up PES14 on Steam on the release day... PES13 came way later...

panty

Pre-order DLC, three 3rd kits? LOL

Yeah lets bring a couple of old classic kits and still doesn't have real kits for 90% of the teams. Their licensing is a joke, or EA is a joke, don't even care anymore.

And then there's those awful PES facial animations, still horrible.

Also PES does a certain thing each year, something amazing and this year it's that the whole stadium is filled with those colored papers to represent the home team(?). So realistic *sigh*.

Jack cw

And then there's those awful PES facial animations, still horrible.

Truly a gamebreaker while playing in wide angle...

Seriously, PES problems were always player animations and the 8 directions in control - Fundamental flwas! Both were solved with fox engine and it looks great. I couldnt care less about some facial animation and some flying "papers"...

Truly a gamebreaker while playing in wide angle...

Seriously, PES problems were always player animations and the 8 directions in control - Fundamental flwas! Both were solved with fox engine and it looks great. I couldnt care less about some facial animation and some flying "papers"...

PES was at its snappiest on PS2, with the 8 directions. Fuck 360 dribbling if they can't make it sharp

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Not seeing it, no pc demo is a real kick in the teeth too as I was basing my purchase on that version. Checking out the videos and it looks competent, but thats the best I can say about it, maybe pes lovers can see the differences more clearly but I have been out of the loop for so many years on pes that this looks unappealing in the same way the others do.

rvy

Banned
Not seeing it, no pc version is a real kick in the teeth too as I was basing my purchase on that version. Checking out the videos and it looks competent, but thats the best I can say about it, maybe pes lovers can see the differences more clearly but I have been out of the loop for so many years on pes that this looks unappealing in the same way the others do.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding here, but there's no PC demo. There is a PC version of the game.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Maybe I'm misunderstanding here, but there's no PC demo. There is a PC version of the game.

I understand there is a pc version but I was basing my purchase on the demo for it, having been burned so many years with the franchise, no demo means im not investing in it :(.

Re-read my post and it does sound misleading, amended

Hasney

If I can't demo it for myself on my PC, I may have to wait for a sale and take a punt then. No idea why they can't have a PC demo on launch day if they're worried about it being hacked and "things being revealed".

If it was good on my PC setup, I would have pre-ordered. Real shame, but I expect nothing less from Konami outside of MGS these days.

Top Bottom