• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2014 Gamescom Trailer - Console demo on 11/12 of September, PC soon after launch

zakislam

What's the new deft touch system like? How does the free kick/corner guide feel?

Touch system feels the same as the other PES games since 2006; sloppy.

Corner is alright I guess; they arrow system guides you pretty well into putting it into a specific area. Haven't had a free kick yet.

rvy

Banned

Corner is alright I guess; they arrow system guides you pretty well into putting it into a specific area. Haven't had a free kick yet.

He means the thing they introduced last year, where you hold R2 or L2 (I don't remember) to dribble the ball very close to your feet.

cormack12

Gold Member

I mean the right stick, left stick combos specifically. It was implemented as a deft touch dribble in PES 2013 where you'd flick right on right thumbstick then forward on left thumbstick. There are more variations (or meant to be) and they looked amazing.

Sounds like it might be early code if it isn't in, or maybe you just can't do it right.

Cheers anyway

zakislam

I mean the right stick, left stick combos specifically. It was implemented as a deft touch dribble in PES 2013 where you'd flick right on right thumbstick then forward on left thumbstick. There are more variations (or meant to be) and they looked amazing.

Sounds like it might be early code if it isn't in, or maybe you just can't do it right.

Cheers anyway

Oh that - yeah, it feels good. There's a few variations and it can get past players.

I used it for my first goal; flicked it right and it pushed the ball a bit further past the player and that's how I got by him. But doesn't work all the time of course; gotta time it right.

As for game in motion; looks fine.

Kiraly

Someone make a new thread

Holy fucking hell, just downloaded it and played a game

This engine

What the fuck FIFA

This is glorious

cormack12

Gold Member
Oh that - yeah, it feels good. There's a few variations and it can get past players.

I used it for my first goal; flicked it right and it pushed the ball a bit further past the player and that's how I got by him. But doesn't work all the time of course; gotta time it right.

As for game in motion; looks fine.

Cheers :)

Not many people seemed to use it. I loved it and am well stoked for the new variations.

rvy

Banned
Someone make a new thread

Holy fucking hell, just downloaded it and played a game

This engine

What the fuck FIFA

This is glorious
Don't do this, if this build is shit and got cancelled because there's a lot of issues, but you come here and say stuff like this, then God help us all for the final build.

zakislam

There's one thing about PES I always loved and FIFA could never replicate it to this day:

the amazing feeling you get when scoring an amazing goal.

Kiraly

Don't do this, if this build is shit and got cancelled because there's a lot of issues, but you come here and say stuff like this, then God help us all for the final build.

I have never before actually played a PES game, so I wouldn't know how 'good' this game really is in comparison to earlier years. All I know is that I'm so fed up with the staleness of Fifa, and this felt like a fresh breeze.

e: Downloading PES 2013 demo now to actually feel the changes.

BernardoSLR

Neo Member
The controls are really stiff in this demo. Through passes seems like they never work, and the default speed of the game is shit IMO. The game has potential though, I hope the PC version has these issues solved.

feel

Oh crap this is what I get for not
checking Gaf before leaving the house. It will likely be unavailable by the time I get home and dust off/update my ps3.

edit- Laggy non-final code? Not sure if want

Hargenx

The only thing that bother me was the "NO RAIN" I understand they got to deal with a new engine and all, but son I love some matches in the rain...

The rest looks amazing, and look at this shit...

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2014.01_230813.jpg

I want it now!

Dr. Kaos

Banned
For next-gen, I'd like each player to have almost the same level of detail as a Street Fighter 4 character.

I'd also like a pony. I guess soccer is just a power-hungry genre. Maybe in 2020...

rvy

Banned
For next-gen, I'd like each player to have almost the same level of detail as a Street Fighter 4 character.

I'd also like a pony. I guess soccer is just a power-hungry genre. Maybe in 2020...

That's not happening, but Player ID is being expanded on in a yearly basis. You guys will be blown away when you play as Messi or Ronaldo this year.
Pirlo, Ozil, Balotelli, Robben, Xavi, Iniesta, Rapist Ribery and Lahm are other examples. I'm sure we'll get quite a lot this year.

Poor defending from United, lol.

Top Bottom