• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2014 Gamescom Trailer - Console demo on 11/12 of September, PC soon after launch

Laranja

The game is looking surprisingly good. If it weren't for the player indicators, I could have believed the GIFs posted were real footage. I can't wait to see a next-generation version, whenever they decide to do it.

Are there any news regarding the UI? It was pretty terrible on the last game, I really hope they improve that, too.

Majukun

damn that looks really sweet..i'll wait for the demo to check how good it really is..but with fifa this year that seems more than a roster update than anything,maybe this year i'll be a pes player..we will see.

rvy

Banned
Brazilian cover:

BSW7rWJCYAAESHf.jpg:large

Again, it seems like they went with a J-League Winning Eleven style for their South American covers, which is neat.
Ronaldinho in a PES cover, who would have thought.

J-League_Winning_Eleven_2008_Club_Championship_Coverart.png

anthonyOA

Being an ex-pat of the ISS/PES series it great to see them putting effort in the areas they need to. I'm not sure what they were thinking in not releasing this next gen though. They've given EA a year head-start again.Hopefully the transition is less painful for us and them this time around.

To me, the animations look even better than a certain other game*. Konami has always gotten the nuances of football right with PES. Little things like the shirts and body sizes as well as the way the player look before passing etc. I can't wait to see upclose how that's all like with the new engine.

The only thing I'm unsure about is the shooting. Its the only slightly unnatural thing in PES for me. Shoots lick off at comical speeds from very little back lift. I see traces of that still form some of the vids I've seen. Hopefully I'm just seeing things.

Do we know who the licences teams are yet for the Prem?

Enlil

Being an ex-pat of the ISS/PES series it great to see them putting effort in the areas they need to. I'm not sure what they were thinking in not releasing this next gen though. They've given EA a year head-start again.Hopefully the transition is less painful for us and them this time around.

They said they didn't want to make the same mistakes going next-gen and another argument was that they would sell less copies on next-gen because not many will have next-gen consoles.

Kikujiro

They said they didn't want to make the same mistakes going next-gen and another argument was that they would sell less copies on next-gen because not many will have next-gen consoles.

And they simply don't have the resources to make a next-gen version, since they are working with a new engine.

PaulLFC

Dirty kits are back! The last game to have them was PES5. That attention to details seems to be back.
I don't know why this makes me so happy, but it does. I loved how PES captured the little details that on their own didn't do much but together really added to the realism - like players getting bandages for head injuries on the old PS2 versions.

To me, the animations look even better than a certain other game*. Konami has always gotten the nuances of football right with PES. Little things like the shirts and body sizes as well as the way the player look before passing etc. I can't wait to see upclose how that's all like with the new engine.
I was worried about this at first, but looking at the Gamescom footage of FIFA 14 on Xbox One, it looks like FIFA 13 with slightly better resolution. It doesn't look improved much at all, especially considering they made a big thing of their sports games being on the new "Ignite" engine - I don't know what that engine has added, to be honest, although I should probably reserve proper judgement until I've at least played the demo.

Videos have sold me on the game. This looks far more enticing than 'next-gen' FIFA
It really does. I was all set to go PES 2014 on PC or PS3 and then FIFA 14 on PS4 for Vita remote play - I've preordered the PC version of PES for £21.85 from SimplyGames, but having seen the FIFA gameplay videos I don't know if I'll be bothering unless there's dramatic improvements. Having said that I'll probably get bored of not having a football game on PS4 and buy it anyway :(

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Reasons for not going next gen yet:

Theyre trying to fix their foundations. Adding a New engine and retooling the entire gameplay for it to be physics based is a huge effort. In order to go next gen they would also need to remodel every character AND stadium in the game. Notice how the assets are more or less the same as years past, but with the new engine they get to do more stuff with them like better lightning, more fans in the crowd, blades of grass on the pitch and a physics model.

Not all the fans are going next gen yet, focus on getting it right for the biggest crowd first, then move up.

I really think somebody needs to put out a PSA thread on why PES 14 looks better than Fifa 14. Better graphics, better physics and better gameplay. Its amazing how much more fluid and realistic this game looks because of the new engine and direction.

rvy

Banned
I really think somebody needs to put out a PSA thread on why PES 14 looks better than Fifa 14. Better graphics, better physics and better gameplay. Its amazing how much more fluid and realistic this game looks because of the new engine and direction.

I think someone should, definitely.

Not me.

I make all the PES 2014 threads, fuck that. People look at me as biased at this point.

Reasons for not going next gen yet:

Theyre trying to fix their foundations. Adding a New engine and retooling the entire gameplay for it to be physics based is a huge effort. In order to go next gen they would also need to remodel every character AND stadium in the game. Notice how the assets are more or less the same as years past, but with the new engine they get to do more stuff with them like better lightning, more fans in the crowd, blades of grass on the pitch and a physics model.

Not all the fans are going next gen yet, focus on getting it right for the biggest crowd first, then move up.

This may be the game that makes me upgrade my gtx 580.

PaulLFC

This may be the game that makes me upgrade my gtx 580.
I doubt you'll need to upgrade for this, to be honest. It may be slightly more demanding than past PES games, but not much I'd guess as it still needs to run on 360/PS3. I could max out 2013 on a GTX 460, so a 580 should be fine even for 2014.

Will be trying the demo on PC.
The PC demo won't be out until "sometime after launch" - so if you have a 360 or PS3 I'd play it there instead.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I doubt you'll need to upgrade for this, to be honest. It may be slightly more demanding than past PES games, but not much I'd guess as it still needs to run on 360/PS3. I could max out 2013 on a GTX 460, so a 580 should be fine even for 2014.

Different engine so who knows.

BTW DAT Funes mori cover LOL

aganu

Demo up on euro PSN, downloading now. Sony too early again, wasn't 11 september the announced date for consoe demos?
oooh, looks like someone dun goofed haha. This wasn't the plan as they aimed for Sept. 11 for a more polished version. Anyway, downloading! Thanks.

rvy

Banned
Fucking lovely.

Mod abuse pls edit the thread title to reflect Konami's incompetence. Demo is up on PSN right now.

rvy

Banned
lol, you're the biggest PES fan I've ever seen. You must be going crazy. Enjoy!

Edit: Teams in the demo are:

Bayern Munich
Santos FC
Germany
Italy

I'm excited, but if this turns out to be shit I'm gone.

Forever.

No more football games for me, 2k for life from now on.

rvy

Banned
I don't think this demo was meant to be released. They wanted to release a more polished demo on the 10th.

Indeed it wasn't, but now it's been released and I want to try the game out.
I'll download the final build demo when it comes out, but this will suffice for now. The actually delayed the demo because they wanted people to try out final code.

Which is to say that this demo will not make up my mind about the game, I'm just checking for animation and mechanics. I wanna get a feel for the game.
I'll reserve judgement for AI, responsiveness and so forth for the final demo.

aganu

I'm excited, but if this turns out to be shit I'm gone.

Forever.

No more football games for me, 2k for life from now on.
Almost done downloading, but I'm pretty sure this is the old code with the button lag issues reported by some testers. They retracted on releasing it on PSN but seems like someone forgot to remove it from PSN. I knew Konami would pull such a mistake. Sept. 11 demo is meant to be final-version code with much better responsiveness (also according to testers).

rvy

Banned
Almost done downloading, but I'm pretty sure this is the old code with the button lag issues reported by some testers. They retracted on releasing it on PSN but seems like someone forgot to remove it from PSN. I knew Konami would pull such a mistake. Sept. 11 demo is meant to be final-version code with much better responsiveness (also according to testers).

Konami should change their slogan to "Monumental and down-right pathetic Incompetence".
PES is so irrelevant that whoever updates the PSN store doesn't even give a shit if Konami wants to cancel a demo upload, lol.

I have to say, I'm very much looking forward to hearing the meltdowns from Adam and Jon Murphy. Much moreso when people go to him complaining about stuff in the demo.

Seems like 360 users will only have access to the final code demo though.

zakislam

Just played a game - sigh, still the same old PES bullshit they release every year since PES 2006.

I'll reserve my final judgment for the final demo code.

aganu

Konami should change their slogan to "Monumental and down-right pathetic Incompetence".
PES is so irrelevant that whoever updates the PSN store doesn't even give a shit if Konami wants to cancel a demo upload, lol.

I have to say, I'm very much looking forward to hearing the meltdowns from Adam and Jon Murphy. Much moreso when people go to him complaining about stuff in the demo.

Seems like 360 users will only have access to the final code demo though.
Yep, people are definitely going to moan. It's a 2 demo fiasco once again. I think the newer demo will still come on Sept. 11th for both consoles.

rvy

Banned
A strange error from Sony? Or a masterstroke from Konami? Let us know your thoughts via the comment section below.

This Adam Neaves guy, lol. He's so concerned about kissing Bhatti's ass that he disregards logic and thinks it's a possibility for Konami to have done this on purpose.
According to people who tried both things, this is the Windsor code.

rvy

Banned
People will play the demo.

Tweet at Adam Bhatti.

Then he'll say it's an early code.

Hope I'm wrong...

No, that's exactly what's gonna happen.

He'll also get pissy that people didn't hold out from trying out the demo.

rvy

Banned
*Sony releases demo Konami wanted cancelled because reasons.*

MASTERSTROKE BY KONAMI!

Oh God, I'm dying.

12 minutes.

Top Bottom