• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Itsuno teases Dragon's Dogma sequel on PS4 [also talks DMC5 and Rival Schools 3]

Dragon’s Dogma Game Director Hideaki Itsuno has quite a few ideas for the future, not only for the Dragon’s Dogma franchise but also for a few other beloved Capcom IPs, as he mentioned in a recent interview on the Japanese Play Community website when asked about the possibility of a direct sequel to his latest game.

"In my head, I have a story and setting for the next one, but it’s not one that can be easily done… (laughs). For example, voices say “coming for PS4!” and it seems to happen quite a whole lot. The possibility to be able to make it might to be growing (laughs).

In addition to that, I want to also make a miniature garden simulation, as well as make more games for (established) series such as “Rival Schools 3” and “Devil May Cry 5.” Later on, I would even like to make a game that captures authentic fighting and, such as Street Fighter II did, to develop a new genre of fighting games.

Inside of me there are a lot of things I want to make, and because there are already concepts, there might be a chance! I have this feeling (laughs)."
Via Dualshockers

Well, they already have a suitable engine in place. And a dragon.

Just upgrade Deep Down from an F2P to Dragon Dogma 2: Deep Down, problem solved

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Hell yes to another dragons dogma.

Im still the most impressed by how smart the pawns were for AI.

.la1n

Sounds like he's just running down a list of games he'd make giving unlimited time and money.

Yeah and none of them sound like something I could see Capcom getting behind right now or anytime in the near future. Unless we are talking iOS...then MAYBE.

Anteater

Don't stop believing!

In addition to that, I want to also make a miniature garden simulation, as well as make more games for (established) series such as “Rival Schools 3” and “Devil May Cry 5.” Later on, I would even like to make a game that captures authentic fighting and, such as Street Fighter II did, to develop a new genre of fighting games.

Inside of me there are a lot of things I want to make, and because there are already concepts, there might be a chance! I have this feeling (laughs)."

187ortd.gif

pa22word

DMC5?

Day one. Hopefully the Ninja Theory days are dead, and we can finally see this series get back on track...again.

Yeah and none of them sound like something I could see Capcom getting behind right now or anytime in the near future. Unless we are talking iOS...then MAYBE.

Dragon's Dogma 2 is the strongest possibility, if only because DD1 sold fairly well in Japan.

But I feel like that might be a thing where Capcom is going to wait and see what PS4 adoption is like in Japan before committing to anything.

Dragon dogma 2 .. Yesssss
Rival school 3.. Fo real????
Dmc5 well i fan accept even a dmc2 rather than a DMC5, bit DMC as a reboot needed some beef :)

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So Itsuno does want to make a DMC5? That's something, I guess. Let me know when it's in production.

J-Tier

Sounds great!

Capcom is in one heck of an economic slump, but I hope they can still manage to invest in these titles sometime soon.

Faustek

I don't really see why they made deep down...Should have just gone with DD2 tbh. But then again perhaps...just maybe Capcom made a good F2P system that isn't stomped with microtransactions....Just maybe.

I want to do something =/= I am definately going to be able to do something.

DD2 and another DMC are no brainers. Rival Schools 3? Okay.

Dragon's Dogma 2, if handled right, could pull their butts out of the fire and save their company. It has that kind of growth potential. The first wasn't well adveritsed IMO and it did pretty well for a new IP launching when it did.

PS4 exclusive confirmed??

The voice in his head not mentioning Xbox One ....

But out of any Capcom series, this is the one I want most for next-gen. Monster Hunter would be fantastic too of course .. but MH has so much growth potential.

Musiol

Can Itsuno be Cacpcom savior? I want Dragon's Dogma sequel with bigger world filled with living creatures, 1080/60 nd graphics like Deep Down.

OmegaDL50

For Rival Schools 3 to get possible greenlight.

Maybe Capcom should re-release Project Justice or a Rival Schools PSOne Classic as a Digital download for PSN and XBL? To test the waters so to speak.

Hmm, maybe I'm being too hopeful.

Top Bottom