• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Itsuno teases Dragon's Dogma sequel on PS4 [also talks DMC5 and Rival Schools 3]

Pbae

OMG, Dragon's Dogma with the Panta Rhei engine! MH with Panta Rhei! EVERYTHING WITH PANTA RHEI!

Also, what are the chances they might realistically use this engine? Since the Panta Rhei was made in conjunction with Sony, could Capcom use it to make multi-platforms games like Dragon's Dogma for the Xbox One as well? I read on Wikipedia that Cap was planning on replacing MT Framework with it so I didn't know if it was possible.

Dragon's Dogma 2 needed to be released yesterday.

And don't play with my heart about a Rival Schools 3.
grQwy6T.png

Agreed on both counts (although i'd rather a next gen DD2)

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Devil May Cry 5, a direct follow-up to DMC4. Starring Nero and Dante

Developped by Ninja Theory

ZenTzen

I'd love to see Nero return. He was so much fun to play as. Obviously needs fleshing out where equipment and combat is concerned but he was definitely a welcome addition.

Agreed, its time for a DMC5, with both Dante and Nero as playable characters, with everything better and more fleshed out, each with their own, unique campaign, heck, bloody palace with more than those 2 would be great(like vergil, lady and trish), even a simple boss rush mode, oh the ideas.

make it happen itsuno

paolo11

Please make DMC 5, DD 2 and Rival Schools 3. I'll pay $100.00 each.

While at it for DMC 5, they should bring back Vergil.

Derrick01

Banned
Dragon's Dogma 2 in a much more interesting setting with more things to do besides killing stuff or doing boring fetch quests and at a full 1080p/60fps (I'll take a locked 30 too) would be pretty great. Oh and make sure it's still single player only again too.

Sotha_Sil

Why would it be PS4-exclusive? Didn't it sell roughly the same across both platforms? The only thing I can think of is the Panta Rhei engine being exclusive for PS4 games.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Do it Capcom! Give us DMC5! *starts chanting DMC, ECW style*

Also, would it be safe to assume that they're ignoring that DMC2 ever existed, since we never got a follow up to that game's story?

abadguy

Banned
Rival Schools 3, DMC5, i really want to believe these things will happen next gen but Capcom are assholes nowadays.

those next gen tornadoes i cant wait

Stabbing a cyclop eye with my dagger .... but in next -gen ...

Can't freaking wait ....

Just , correct the affinity system and give us a bigger playground...that's all i'm asking for now.
Ps: keep the game single player with better pawn AI....after all "Wolfs hunt in packs !"

Lime

I'd buy the shit out of a sequel to Dragons Dogma. The game is such a flawed gem or diamond in the rough or whatever one usually says about such things.

Skilletor

Dragon's Dogma 2 would be a system seller for me.

I cannot conceive of what they would do with that game on good hardware.

Takuan

I'd be very, very excited for a new RS. PS360 was already capable of producing models more or less on par with the promo art, so I can only imagine how much more detailed they can get on that Quadruple.

Dragon's Dogma struck me as a title that needed more power the Triple could muster, so it will be interesting to see what they could accomplish on the PS4. Online co-op this time around would be nice, and may help sales.

Rootbeer

Banned
A story, that's all? This thing should already be in development :| First one was the most fun I had on the PS3 in an open world game, though GTAV is definitely a strong contender.

Pbae

Why would it be PS4-exclusive? Didn't it sell roughly the same across both platforms? The only thing I can think of is the Panta Rhei engine being exclusive for PS4 games.

I doubt it will be a PS4 exclusive since they would be losing a large number of sales. But Panta Rhei is supposedly going to replace Cap's MT Framework so how does it work out for the Xbox One?

Anyone know if it's likely for Capcom to run two engines, or if they can use the Panta Rhei engine for the XB1?

Hopefully, they can use the engine on both systems but we will see more visual flair and such on the PS4 since it was designed specifically for the PS4.

Dereck

In addition to that, I want to also make a miniature garden simulation, as well as make more games for (established) series such as “Rival Schools 3” and “Devil May Cry 5.”
I didn't know Itsuno was also a comedian.

Top Bottom