• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Access to free games each month is coming for Gold members on Xbox 1...later in 2014

keit4

Banned
w96mdgX.png

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/401072182748393472

majorscud

Awesome news!

Also: if a member wants to make a thread for this it would be cool. GameStop just called me and said xbox one controllers are available to pick up today for preorders.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
At least read the OP, son, it's not that hard.
Good to see them following the example set by PS+, this adds value to XBLG, provided they pick decent games. Late 2014 seems far away though.
Edit; Apology @ Bsigg, apparently OP ninja-edited.

TRios Zen

Works for me! I wonder if it will be like Plus, where they are basically "rented" while you subscribe or like it is now, where they are older games, but they are yours to keep?

Copenap

Good, but now the excuse "the free games are just on top so it doesn't matter that they suck" doesn't count anymore when it's becomming a regular part of xbox live. MS you better step up your game.

I wonder if this will be like the current GwG set up where you keep the game even if your subscription lapses...

Anyway, 10 internet bucks on Ryse being the first game available in 2014.

f0lken

At least read the OP, son, it's not that hard.
Good to see them following the example set by PS+, this adds value to XBLG, provided they pick decent games. Late 2014 seems far away though.

There was no source in the original post, s/he edited it instantly though

That's great. Hopefully they step their game up with the selection though. PS Plus has been on point for the past few months and has completely embarrassed Games for Gold so far.

Now we just have to wait for nintendo to join the fun and launch it's own "subscription - free games!" service.

Oh who am I kidding, maybe in a decade.

Top Bottom