• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Access to free games each month is coming for Gold members on Xbox 1...later in 2014

Let's see if they're actual worthwhile/recent games.

It's a good move to continue what they started at the very end of the 360 generation with the XB1...I hope they give valuable titles away with this deal!

mrdark

Banned
Eh, hopefully it's better than the ham-fisted attempt they have going on now.

I really think they created a new position for which the sole purpose of is to have an employee go out to Big Lots, check the discount games bin, find the 360 game which has the most copies left, then report back to Microsoft to have it put on for free.

NIGHT-

Still not convinced the Xbox is going to offer anywhere near the value proposition of PS+, because I've never seen them offer value with Xbox, but this is great news for gamers and Sony deserves a thank you.

Just the fact that ms is giving you games and not "renting" them out, makes it a better value to me. Sweetness!

sublimit

Banned
Getting worse? Get outta town. PS+ is just getting better.

How is it getting better if i'm not able to download PS4 games from the web store whil also reducing the number of PS3 games available for PS3 only gamers?

All the PS4 pre-orders must have gotten to their heads,that's what i say.

How is getting better if i'm not able to download PS4 games from the web store whil also reducing the number of PS3 games available for PS3 only gamers?

All the PS4 pre-orders must have gotten to their heads,that's what i say.

It makes sense though. Sony has to pay for ever download so people downloading games who don't have a PS4 are just costing them money. It's pretty logical if you ask me, want PS4 Plus games, get a Ps4.

Special C

"later in 2014".

Meanwhile, Sony are giving away 2 (PSN) games day #1.

5/10, more effort needed.

Takes some time to get a program like this rolling.

Sure, Sony is Doing it Day 1 but they've had this PS+ thing going on for a while. Ya know, kinda like how Sony just now will have party chat and joining from freinds list while MS has been doing it for years. This is just how improvement due to completetion works.

Jburton

Banned
w96mdgX.png

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/401072182748393472

Now stop putting Netflix etc behind a paywall and you will be the getting there.

SFenton

So was I the only one who saw "details coming later" and "in 2014" as separate, instead of "later in 2014"? I think it's kind of wacky to announce something that early when the announcement is kind of a "hey it's happening" sort of thing.

I think the official announcement will happen later (as in, some time after launch), and in 2014, but not in, say, November 2014.

They must really be getting worried to be pulling this out of the hat already... well... to be announcing it already.

Not worried enough to drop paywalled apps though it seems.

BigDug13

I see it as people attempting to take advantage of PS+ to stock-pile games while not even owning the system in question. Sony probably has to pay per download of the game to whatever company made the game. Allowing every PS+ subscriber add it to their queue over PC or PS3's store interface would force Sony to pay a PS4 game creator money, even if that subscriber won't even be playing the game until someday when they buy a PS4...

I can see why they made that move.

Pretty sure Microsoft will do the same thing to make it so that someone who does not own an XBO can't just get the free game without demonstrating that they can play it on a console they own.

Top Bottom