• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Access to free games each month is coming for Gold members on Xbox 1...later in 2014

Azull

The good news with this is it's impossible for them to give away 3 year old games now.

(Meanwhile at MS HQ)

tumblr_inline_mm6hmymIsW1qz4rgp.gif

HD remakes of all halos/gears/fables inc.

Marvel

could never
Very pleasantly surprised by this, didn't think they'd give us next gen games for free until at least a year or two from the XB1's death.

jbug617

Banned
Hope the offers are going to get better because it will be a new console and new games so they might be forced to put something up good.

What if they just port some old 360 XBLA games to X1 and give those away? I have a really hard time believing MS will actually provide anything of value, but I really hope I'm wrong.

Good. Competition is good for the market. Better to <sort of> fast follow then to be left behind.

This should help to keep the games offered going forward of rather high quality for both platforms.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I might pick up an Xbox One when this kicks in.

ElRenoRaven

Well you know I have to give Microsoft props for realizing that keeping it going would be smart. Now Live may actually be worth it. God knows the free games for PSN plus has made it worth it.

Alx

I suppose they'll wait at least a few months after the "second launch" for other countries, so that's probably not early 2014.
Anyway, I'm always ok for free stuff, although I still think this kind of deal is strange.

keit4

Banned
If they keep the actual model (where you don't need to renew your sub to play the downloaded games) this can be great.

"later in 2014".

Meanwhile, Sony are giving away 2 (PSN) games day #1.

5/10, more effort needed.

Not really comparable, but MS have already given a number of people a free copy of Killer Instinct: Combo Breaker edition.

I'd prefer MS copy Sony wholesale and start to offer games from day one, but unless they change their policy to one that's more like Sony's (linking the games to a sub and not keeping them when it lapses), I doubt we'll see GwG ever competing with PS+ and the sheer amount of games it gives to subscribers...

Top Bottom