• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jack Tretton: 12,000 PS4s sold out in 27 mins @ Amazon (average of 19,000,000/month)

hitme

ibgylzets1IVIA.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So

444 consoles a minute

444 *

60 minutes in an hour *

24 hours in a day *

30 days in a month

= 19,180,800 sold in December NPD

Damaniel

Banned
I'm sure Major Nelson can find a two or three minute window where the Xbox One sold faster than that on average during an Amazon sale. Then they could claim to be the fastest seller in that window.

Or, not. 12k in 27 minutes is about 7 per second. That's pretty brisk for a restock.

coldfoot

Banned
We got 1138k on NPD, so obviously they shipped 1150k to US for first shipment, and these 12k units were left over/not offered for sale for whatever reason.

I'm probably talking out of my ass, but 1138+12 =1150 makes too much sense :)

That actually strikes me as being kind of slow considering that millions of people use Amazon. That's roughly 445 consoles per minute, or about 7 every second. In comparison, it's not unprecedented for artists to sell out Madison Square Garden (18,200 seats) within a minute or two.

Of course, the PS4 is selling very well, I'm just surprised it took 27 minutes to move 12,000 units rather than 4 or 5.

malyce

Major Nelson: Xbox One was the fastest selling console on Amazon in the last 27 minutes averaging 1000 consoles per minute from minutes 18-27.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
That actually strikes me as being kind of slow considering that millions of people use Amazon. That's roughly 445 consoles per minute, or about 7 every second. In comparison, it's not unprecedented for artists to sell out Madison Square Garden (18,200 seats) within a minute or two.

Of course, the PS4 is selling very well, I'm just surprised it took 27 minutes to move 12,000 units rather than 4 or 5.

The stock was unannounced though

Top Bottom