• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jack Tretton: 12,000 PS4s sold out in 27 mins @ Amazon (average of 19,000,000/month)

Raoh

ibgylzets1IVIA.gif

Vizzeh

Banned
GAF Facebook, Twitter, it's phenomenal it sold 7 per second without any notice or countdown

GAF helped too :) a small minority anyway, many ordered consoles and texted/updated people they knew..

A similar thread on GAF at 5:30am GMT during the Sony launch party gave me the heads up, giving me my PS4 in the UK - 3 Days after first release in the US, I was ecstatic to say the least.

??? this is math

math is facts so don't even try to argue

Clearly indisputable

12,000 seems small for what might be the third largest retailer in the US. Am I just overestimating Amazons presence?

No but both gamestop and Best buy have 1000+ retail stores (not to mention Walmart or Target) so its hard to say what it means. Sony could simply be prioritizing retail stores or fulfilling pre-orders

LOLCats

Banned
12,000 seems small for what might be the third largest retailer in the US. Am I just overestimating Amazons presence?

I was thinking, wow he's pretty in tune on the amount of time 12k consoles sold on Amazon.

Wonder if they lagging on supply and it was important to them to get it IN STOCK at Amazon even if it is for just 27 minutes.

Man that is impressive. Between this and the XB1 selling "1000 per minute at peak" on Amazon, this generation is off to a fervent start. Can't say there isn't a demand for consoles still. And funny post title. Always like poking fun at the silly PR response these companies make to NPD.

It's actually closer to 19.5 million.

A year has 365.242 days

An average month has 365.242 / 12 = 30.437 days

An average month has 30.437 * 24 * 60 = 43829 minutes

(12,000 consoles / 27 minutes) * 43829 minutes = 19,479,573 consoles.

12K consoles every week for Amazon seems very low. I guess Sony has a bad supply chain.

Hmm but that same supply chain seems to have outdone MS's launch day (at least in the US) which is odd

I would say it's more supply constrain than logistics if that's what you mean. Still not convinced Sony prioritize Amazon

We always go on average. That is how GAF NPD works. But now that the avg, that Sony presented, doesnt work in favor of Xbone. We contend that, fuck avg, they sold 12,000 in 27mins the rest of the launch minutes dont count.

all joking aside, what is the record for a December NPD (and even a WW December, if that's even possible to find in the first place)

Top Bottom