• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jack Tretton: 12,000 PS4s sold out in 27 mins @ Amazon (average of 19,000,000/month)

Vizzeh

Banned
That actually strikes me as being kind of slow considering that millions of people use Amazon. That's roughly 445 consoles per minute, or about 7 every second. In comparison, it's not unprecedented for artists to sell out Madison Square Garden (18,200 seats) within a minute or two.

Of course, the PS4 is selling very well, I'm just surprised it took 27 minutes to move 12,000 units rather than 4 or 5.

It "randomly" went on sale, where many didnt get a heads up, it wasnt entered into peoples calendar to purchase. Its impressive because its sparatic.

Amir0x

Banned
The PS4 seriously is sold out everywhere goddamn. I am trying to find one for my brother-in-law and I have had no luck. Every time I get heads up of a PS4 for sale it evaporates before I can click it.

Freki

That actually strikes me as being kind of slow considering that millions of people use Amazon. That's roughly 445 consoles per minute, or about 7 every second. In comparison, it's not unprecedented for artists to sell out Madison Square Garden (18,200 seats) within a minute or two.

Of course, the PS4 is selling very well, I'm just surprised it took 27 minutes to move 12,000 units rather than 4 or 5.

Do you think 12k people are F5ing the PS4 amazon page all day?

sono

It seems they cant manufacture enough for Christmas demand.

UK has been sold out for days, anything that comes in is usually gone in minutes according to stockinformer.co.uk

RE_Player

The PS4 seriously is sold out everywhere goddamn. I am trying to find one for my brother-in-law and I have had no luck. Every time I get heads up of a PS4 for sale it evaporates before I can click it.
Me too. Called my local Best Buy one day a week ago and they said they had 2 in stock because some employees didn't claim them. Literally rushed and got there in 10 minutes but were sold out.

Do you think 12k people are F5ing the PS4 amazon page all day?

Given that it launched less than a month ago and we're at the height of holiday shopping season... kinda.

I don't care one way or another for console wars silliness so I hope you don't interpret this as salty tears against sony or something, I'm just expressing my initial reaction.

Freki

It seems they cant manufacture enough for Christmas demand.

UK has been sold out for days, anything that comes in is usually gone in minutes according to stockinformer.co.uk

According to zomg Sony is shipping 600k ww a week at the moment. They are taking the stock for january and bringing it in via air (300k per week - the other half are "normal" shipments per ship) - Sony can't do more than that...

Pistolero

Sony messaging has been absolutely phenomenal so far. I haven't witnessed a comparable planetary enthusiasm for a console in a long time...

Carl

Given that it launched less than a month ago and we're at the height of holiday shopping season... kinda.

I don't care one way or another for console wars silliness so I hope you don't interpret this as salty tears against sony or something, I'm just expressing my initial reaction.

Like was said before though, concert tickets are announced months in advance. There are 10s of thousands of people say F5ing the sales page at 1 minute to go, so they're all gone instantly.

Hardly comparable.

Vizzeh

Banned
According to zomg Sony is shipping 600k a week ww at the moment. They are taking the stock for january and bringing it in via air (300k per week - the other half are "normal" shipments per ship) - Sony can't do more than that...

Am I reading this right 600k a WEEK worldwide, 50% of that is going to NA, other 50% EU?

2.4Million a month?? damn.

Freki

Am I read this right 600k a WEEK worldwide, 50% of that is going to NA, other 50% EU?

2.4Million a month?? damn.

Keep in mind - this is taking stock away from january - Sony is poducing 1m in china and 0.3m in Japan per month atm (again according to zomg - but he's usually right with this stuff).

Top Bottom