• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Codemaster hints at DiRT 4

on social media

DiRT ‏@dirtgame

Fingers crossed ;) RT @W4Ts0n916: @dirtgame let's hope you announce Dirt 4 in 2014

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/415092829854400512

dirt4twitterwdero.png

dirt4facebookbmd5f.png

thnx cvg http://www.computerandvideogames.com/444612/codemasters-teases-dirt-4-release-in-2014/

It's been coming for a while. I can't wait see a new Dirt game on next gen systems. Hopefully they got the WRC license and are making a pure rally game, with a minimum of silly side activities.

kadotsu

Banned
Can I keep up my 3 game streak and get this one for free as well? I hope so.

Dirt 2 was the pinnacle of the series 3's Gymkhana was a good addition but the drift events I didn't like.

Pimpbaa

Hope it's next gen (technically current gen) only. But it'd probably still buy it if it's a cross gen game.

Neuromancer said:

Why? Because it would hold back the graphic potential greatly like every other cross gen game.

No cockpit view, no buy. As with GRID 2.

The last Dirt was awesome. Really had a good time with the main rally stages, with the Gymkhana playgrounds being great environments for pure fun and kicks.

Didn't like the forced Gymkhana stuff though. Or the totally rad announcers bugging me every few minutes to share my stuff to the FaceTubes.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Dirt 3 was great until you had to do the car gymnastics bullshit. I immediately uninstalled it after that.

Hopefully Dirt 4 is a pure rally racer or no buy from me.

*grabs popcorn*

+1 for correct styling of DiRT

Edit: Cockpits, relax we know how you all feel about them. Moving forward am sure it's not going to be an issue, whatever the game.

ref

Loved Dirt 2, didn't get around to playing Dirt 3 though.

Not going to be a purchase for me either though if cockpit view is removed.

Firefoxxx

Neo Member
I don't believe in Codemasters anymore. They should just make a real rally game like CMR04 and not this gynkahna-showdown shit. Last titles were really disappointing. :(

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I've just started playing Dirt3 and on casual physics mode its super addictive. And it looks and runs great too.

NoPiece

No cockpit, no buy.

That's my only stipulation.

Amen!! Dirt 3 was great (though I could have done without the gymkhana).

It was pretty annoying they left the cockpit view out of Grid 2 - I'm hoping it was a last gen console RAM issue, and the "only 5%" use it was just a BS excuse...

The_Monk

Thank you for posting fellow GAFfer. This would be great to be honest. I finished both Dirt 2 & 3 recently clocking about 20 Hours in each title. The game looks amazing on PC, it was so much fun playing both of them. I wish I could get the first Dirt on Steam but it was removed long time ago. :/
I hope they can focus more on rally and keep the heavy rain, night, dust/mud environments even better.

Odrion

Banned
their games been on a decline :/

watch them remove cockpit mode from dirt as well >.>"
Grid 2 was made by a new team (ex Sega employees that worked on Sega Rally), so I'm sure we'll be seeing some sweet next gen cockpits if it's the official team working on it.

Now let's hope they stop inflating the time you spend inbetween races. Ugh, I bet one of their focuses will be "Hey, increase your reputation by uploading a clip from your PS4/Xbone!" (much like how 3 was about YOUTUBE YOUTUBE HEY LET'S BE VIRAL YOUTUBE.)

It's probably too much to hope for but I want more advanced Rally stuff, while still keeping the Gymkhana. I hated Gymkhana until I finally got good at it, then loved it.

Also this game absolutely needs cockpit mode. Grid 2 was able to get away with it but I still missed it most of the time. I only play Dirt games in cockpit.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
The last Dirt I loved was the first one. The driving model was better in 2 and 3 but I preferred the style/career of 1.

Just go back to the good old days of Colin McRae rally games please.

educator

Please let this be true! More focus on longer rally stages and less focus on gymkhana (even if its fun).

Watevaman

If you guys want more "pure" rally you might have to stick with the WRC series. Nowhere near as polished as CM's games but they're definitely more true to the nature of rally.

A while back I asked Paul Coleman (lead designer of the Dirt games and also a rally co-driver in real life) about cockpit view, this is what he said:

https://twitter.com/NeuromancerGAF/status/274550955184361472

I'm not worried.

Also I seem to recall reading or hearing that Milestone/Black Bean's involvement with the WRC license just happened to expire last year... I think this could be a very exciting reveal (if and when we actually get it!).

Chiramii

A higher focus on rally and rallycross would make me extremely satisfied, I couldn't care less for modes like gymkhana, transporter and invasion.
Outbreak was fun every now and then with a bunch of friends.

Top Bottom