• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Codemaster hints at DiRT 4

Jezbollah

Codemasters really need to step it up. Their F1 titles have been on a downward trend since F1 2010 - they need to release a proper title to establish their reputation, and make it at least 60fps (something they never did last gen), and hopefully native 1080p.

I think Dirt 4 will be an exercise in producing whatever engine their next F1 games will run on for XB1/PS4 - I just hope its a return to form.

Mohonky

DiRT was awesome in terms of content. Dirt 2 & 3 were shit. The series has turned into a series of advertisements for tossers like block and pastrana to push their youtube and x games bullshittery. Lose that and I'll be interested.

But Codemasters wont. They talked about how Rally made up more of Dirt 3, it didnt. It was just another x-games and totally cool bro stunt show.

Laranja

Saw this today:

9chkNpA.jpg

I was having trouble earlier today thinking of a game that would sell me on the next-generation consoles. This just might be it.

they need to release a proper title to establish their reputation, and make it at least 60fps (something they never did last gen), and hopefully native 1080p.

I think Dirt 4 will be an exercise in producing whatever engine their next F1 games will run on for XB1/PS4 - I just hope its a return to form.

I don't see why this wouldn't be 1080p/60.

A while back I asked Paul Coleman (lead designer of the Dirt games and also a rally co-driver in real life) about cockpit view, this is what he said:

https://twitter.com/NeuromancerGAF/status/274550955184361472

I'm not worried.

Also I seem to recall reading or hearing that Milestone/Black Bean's involvement with the WRC license just happened to expire last year... I think this could be a very exciting reveal (if and when we actually get it!).

"Not just looking forward" -- to me that says RIFT SUPPORT WOO WOO

Edit: also to those worried about "bro" content, all signs / statements point to Showdown becoming the place for that in the future... I'd expect we'll see Showdown 2 / DiRT 4 divide the two styles.

CodiesLoore...

image.php

WE know ....

So, hello Codemasters?

Hello :)

Loore is one of the community guys at Codies and I believe the above is the real deal as he helped some of the guys with Youtube copyright issues a few weeks back.

That's correct :)

Mohonky said:
DiRT was awesome in terms of content. Dirt 2 & 3 were shit. The series has turned into a series of advertisements for tossers like block and pastrana to push their youtube and x games bullshittery. Lose that and I'll be interested.

But Codemasters wont. They talked about how Rally made up more of Dirt 3, it didnt. It was just another x-games and totally cool bro stunt show.

We know what the Community want, we're a lot more focussed on Community compared to this time last year, take that as you will :)

I like the sound of this.

Any ballpark on when we might get a reveal?

We've got multiple teams and multiple projects under development, we'll be sure to let you know when we're ready to talk.

Sorry, nothing concrete as of yet but 2014 should be a good one regardless of your motorsports preference.

We've got multiple teams and multiple projects under development, we'll be sure to let you know when we're ready to talk.

Sorry, nothing concrete as of yet but 2014 should be a good one regardless of your motorsports preference.

My motorsport preference is Motocross and Dirt Bikes. What do you say? ;)

Dilly

Banned
Here's hoping it's a combination of Dirt 1 content with Dirt 2/3 handling. Throw in some rain stages and I'm there day one.

Karak

Rally and Hill Climb times. Would love. Make it almost mimic the old Xbox Rally Championship format and I would buy instantly. But I am not into car kata's or whatever weird stuff they had in the last one.

Jibbed

Regardless of preference, eh?

All things DiRT aside, I think we all know Codemasters were at their best in the TOCA/Racedriver era... man, announcing TOCA 4 would make me flip the fuck out.

Codies need to take the fight to Project Cars. Good ol' racing ladders, from karting to the peak of motorsport.

Please make this more like DiRT, the original that is.

I had so much fun with that game and would probably regard it as my favourite racing game. I absolutely adored the scenery, and the race tracks.

I cant wait for DiRT 4! I hope the tease about a great 2014 is about a release not an announcement. I don't call a game announcement making the year great.

Oneself

More racing, less whatever else. DIRT3 was a shame except for the few rally tracks ... Even if the loading screens were longer than those tracks.

Aerocrane

I hope that they will bring back Pikes Peak for DiRT 4. Also hopefully the rally stages will be more realistic and more narrow so they are more challenging.

I loved the original Dirt, liked Dirt 2, but after Dirt 3 and Dirt Showdown I almost don't care about the series at all anymore. Dirt 4 will probably be more of the Ken Block love fest, even though he is a hack at best, a terrible rally driver at worst. And like someone else said, Codemasters will likely claim the game is a return to rally (again), even though it almost certainly will not be.

More Raillisport Challenge 2, less Ken Block. Much less.

Man, if they can come up with a game that plays like the old Colin McRae (or RalliSport Challenge) games and looks like a true 8th gen racing game, then I can die happy.

You can do it Codies!
I loved the original Dirt, liked Dirt 2, but after Dirt 3 and Dirt Showdown I almost don't care about the series at all anymore. Dirt 4 will probably be more of the Ken Block love fest, even though he is a hack at best, a terrible rally driver at worst. And like someone else said, Codemasters will likely claim the game is a return to rally (again), even though it almost certainly will not be.

More Raillisport Challenge 2, less Ken Block. Much less.
<3 This man knows what's up.

atpbx

My response to codemasters would be, "dont bother"

Everything they have churned out since Colin Mcrae 04 has been...... not as good as Colin Mcrae 04.

Dirt 3 was fun but the rally courses were really short.

I hope for Dirt 4, the courses are long, like Forza Horizon Rally tracks from the dlc or even like Dirt 1&2.

NHale

Less menu exhibitionism, more rally, longer tracks, please.

Considering how other developers pushed the microtransactions even more, I'm sure Codemasters will do their best to take the crown once again.

"Hey pandejo! Great job! You owned that track dude. Sadly you used every bit of energy you had. Go to the store and buy Monster cans to replenish your energy like a boss or rest for 12 hours"

Top Bottom