• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emily Rogers: Ubisoft won't comment on Wii U version of Watch Dogs

iamvin22

Industry Verified
DI9TxWb.gif

Kyzon

I'll take cancelled for $500 Alex.

Shame if it is though. That's the version I was getting.

daegan

I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled the 360/PS3 version as well.

With how AC did at launch on those platforms it wouldn't surprise me at all. I really think last-gen is dead to things that aren't COD, sports, etc (annualized guaranteed sellers).

Edit: Well, and Minecraft

DVCY201

What if it's actually a Wii U exclusive now? That would be an unexpected twist!

(Hello, I'm new here! Please be gentle)

trinest

I thought Ubisoft made a comment that it wasn't cancelled a few weeks back when there was rumors it was cancelled?

Isn't the current rumour that Watch Dogs is out in March?

Eusis

Well, since the main reason I'd have wanted a Wii U version was to use the Game Pad like a phone I REALLY hope they get that same functionality on PS4 via Second Screen at least, otherwise I'll be disappointed.

MightyKAC

I'm no fan of the Wii U but if it actually turns out to be canceled then that's some real deal bullshit on Ubisofts part.

Effect

Potentially seeing (hoping more so I guess) one of two possible outcomes. Either outright canceled or possibly reduced to a digital only title. If it was almost done they might has well release it and make something back. However digital as to not have to have the added expense of printing and shipping physical copies that won't sell or will be sold back to them or just heavily discounted. A digital release they can keep at full price or discount at their own choosing. It could still sell over time if the Wii U's population increases with the release of Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. The thought being that those that were willing to buy it would buy it that way if that's the only way of getting it. If things get better they could release the physical GOTY/Ultimate edition you just know they might attempt.

Top Bottom