• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Green plays Dark Souls II - The real Black Dragon starts here

j9Zztsz.jpg

Jeff Green recently did a speed run of Dark Souls (setting the world record), and now he's going to stream his play of Dark Souls II! This stream is for pro gamers only! Brought to you by Koss Portapro™.

Watch Jeff at http://www.twitch.tv/greenspeak

Jeff streams infrequently, if you want to be keep up with stream times, follow Jeff on twitter @greenspeak, it's more reliable than waiting for twitch to send out email notifications.

If you miss a stream, you may view it under the Past Broadcasts section of Jeff's twitch profile: http://www.twitch.tv/greenspeak/profile/pastBroadcasts

Jeff's YouTube channel, where Jeff slowly uploads his past streams: https://www.youtube.com/user/Greenspeakachu

Watch Jeff play, get classy!

i8ypjau145oVt.gif

Jeff plans his first Dark Souls II stream for Saturday, April 26 at 6 PM Pacific. As noted follow Jeff on Twitter to get alerts when he streams.

Why is Jeff called Black Dragon?

YOU ARE NOT THE LORD OF THE RINGS!

Jeff's character
ib1jhL2SubeOme.png

Mindlog

Kay is back!

GL to the Black Dragon. I saw someone beat the game with pyro only yesterday in one session. I'm sure we're in for pro play that exposes that other amateur.

I've only watched his last video of DS1. Are there any highlights from all of his run ? Are there specific moments that have to be seen ?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Jeff's first playthrough was great, it's almost too bad that DS2 is so close to him completing the first game. He might actually remember learning to parry this time, it would have been amazing to watch him learn parrying for the first time, for the third time.

edit:

I've only watched his last video of DS1. Are there any highlights from all of his run ? Are there specific moments that have to be seen ?

Jintor was doing montage videos of all of Jeff's deaths. It wasn't a complete highlite video because it was just dying moments but it's fun to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yzwf5ZZRdY

Phinor

I died 7 times on the first Dark Souls 2 boss so that definitely certifies me as pro gamer, talented enough to watch this show hosted by a 93 year old man. Or was it 97, or 52, I guess it varies from show to show. And by old man I mean dragon but is there any difference in this case?

Regardless, wanted to thank you (Jeff Green) for the Dark Souls 1 streams. It was a fun and long(?) run through that game. I almost never watch video game streams on Twitch or elsewhere and I don't even know how I ended up watching your stream in the first place but Giant Bomb was probably involved. I hate to admit it but I was pretty sure that you would quit on nearly every boss. I guess there's a story about perseverance hidden somewhere in your stream archives.

Bedlam

I loved Jeff's DS1 streams but I'm calling it here and now: Jeff Green will not finish DS2.

I'm still going to watch every stream of course until he gives up. :p

Jintor

Now that you've mastered Parrying, Jeff, be aware that you need to wait after you stun them for a second before you can riposte in DSII.

But I'm sure you don't need to hear that, you're the PARRY MASTER

An-Det

Really looking forward to watching Jeff play DS2 from the start. His DS1 stream was a lot of fun, can't wait for the next one to begin tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Let's hope for another sub-1000 death run.

I'm 11hours and 4 bosses in in Dark Souls 2. The chances of Jeff spoiling me is minimal which is great. I really want the "pure" experience I feel like I've been having so far.

Question for Jeff and senventhson, should we treat chat differently for this stream compared to DS1? The backseating, me included, was rather excessive for Dark Souls 1, should we discourage this behaviour now or just let chat say whatever? I'm thinking I might even stay out of chat completely to prevent spoiling myself. Would appreciate your thoughts.

Jintor

I started working on the death compilation again, haha. I have an idea of what I want to do for sum-up, too, but that's a long whiles away i think

I need to find a better way to convert the twitch files into MP4s though, anyone have any ideas? quality loss on youtube is prohibitive so that's a no-go. I'm getting tired of manually running the flacs through a converter.

Ilive1up

this will be perfect. as i'm playing right now, i should always be just a bit ahead of jeff so i won't have to worry about spoilers :)

I saw the first thread and didn't really follow it, but after watching some videos on YouTube I should have. Will be keeping tabs on this.

JeffGreen

97.5: The Brodeo
I'm 11hours and 4 bosses in in Dark Souls 2. The chances of Jeff spoiling me is minimal which is great. I really want the "pure" experience I feel like I've been having so far.

Question for Jeff and senventhson, should we treat chat differently for this stream compared to DS1? The backseating, me included, was rather excessive for Dark Souls 1, should we discourage this behaviour now or just let chat say whatever? I'm thinking I might even stay out of chat completely to prevent spoiling myself. Would appreciate your thoughts.

Well, I think I kinda/sorta had a grip on chat by the last chunk of streams? You guys can tell me if that perception is wrong. I definitely relied on it too much early on, especially because I wasn't realizing at the time that I would eventually upload them to YouTube--where me looking off in the chat window half the time is pretty butt-tastic.

Also, I realized that I would do things or go places just to try to please chat, only to find out that the other half of chat thought I was a moron for taking the advice, or worse, to discover that I was being trolled. So, by the last third or so of the streams, I just had much more of a "fuggit I'm gonna go where I want" attitude--though of course I always peeked at chat especially when I was really stuck.

I haven't read one thing about DS 2, PC or console. So I'm going in blind. Still, it goes without saying that this will be a pro speed run, so plan on taking copious notes if you want to improve your own game.

See you tomorrow!

nbthedude

Kay is back!

GL to the Black Dragon. I saw someone beat the game with pyro only yesterday in one session. I'm sure we're in for pro play that exposes that other amateur.

Not to steal Jeff's thunder but, um, Kay's back! Talk about burying the lead! At the very least she deserves her own thread.

nbthedude

Well, I think I kinda/sorta had a grip on chat by the last chunk of streams? You guys can tell me if that perception is wrong. I definitely relied on it too much early on, especially because I wasn't realizing at the time that I would eventually upload them to YouTube--where me looking off in the chat window half the time is pretty butt-tastic.

Also, I realized that I would do things or go places just to try to please chat, only to find out that the other half of chat thought I was a moron for taking the advice, or worse, to discover that I was being trolled. So, by the last third or so of the streams, I just had much more of a "fuggit I'm gonna go where I want" attitude--though of course I always peeked at chat especially when I was really stuck.

I haven't read one thing about DS 2, PC or console. So I'm going in blind. Still, it goes without saying that this will be a pro speed run, so plan on taking copious notes if you want to improve your own game.

See you tomorrow!

I love you Jeff and love your streams but, uh, you should go watch some your Youtube videos back sometime. You average about half the video staring at the chat. Still love you though, Jeff.

nbthedude

I'm not risking reading chat. Hopefully Jeff won't either unless he just plain gets stumped. He beat the first game. He can figure it out from here.

yonder

Jeff, I thought you said you would play DS2 without reading the chat at all and just play it as if you were doing it offline almost? I would love to see you play without the chat, only looking if you're completely stuck.

Top Bottom