• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Regular 3DS removed from NOA's site

Bodacious

Banned
Is this old news and I've just missed it? (if so, pls lock/del)

It's not like I'm on nintendo.com every day, but I'm pretty sure the regular 3DS was still on there recently. (?)

WF6dVUY.jpg

If you're one of the few who prefer the little guy for the more compact form factor, better speakers, and technically superior display .... well you're clearly in the minority cuz nobody's buying it anymore.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
That's fine and all. They probably waited till they were low on stock, and now they took it down after they sold through most of the stock. Helps not having to manufacture a 3rd SKU.

That being said they need to price drop the XL to something slightly more reasonable than $200 even with the 2DS out there. Then again they need to price drop the Wii U as well, but they don't seem to give a fuck.

Maybe they regular model is getting a redesign, but who knows.

Salsa

there's already 3 systems out there and Nintendo always took the 3DS XL as the advancement. It's easier to just promote 2 systems. Same way you wouldnt find the OG DS on the site back when the DS Lite and DSi came out.

hwy_61

Banned
What does a 3DS lite look like? Better battery and slimmer? Other than that, I can't think of any other improvements.

Remark

Banned
Eh, I felt they were gonna phase it out soon anyways. I still have my launch 3DS but I put it back in it's box and now I use an XL.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
What does a 3DS lite look like? Better battery and slimmer? Other than that, I can't think of any other improvements.

Better actual construction. The device itself has that weird layered look along with the screen scratching issue. Just improve the industrial design while adding a better battery would be an improvement IMO.

aett

If it's as comfortable as the XL but as small as the OG (or smaller)... then it would be very difficult for me to resist.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
It's coming.

I got dem feels. 3DSLite releasing with Smash Bros.

Prepare your wallets.

I-hate-u

I find XL to be uncomfortable after a long gaming session. I can't imagine the cramps I would get playing on regular 3DS.

OmegaFax

The only systems I've seen on store shelves in the last few months were either 3DS XL or 2DS. Online availability for the original 3DS looked skant as well. Makes sense that they're phasing it out.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm ready for a 3DS Lite. Hopefully it has better build quality than the original 3DS but isn't ugly like the XL.

Bodacious

Banned
Aqua blue for life.

Cosmo Black here, launch/ambassador.

Meanwhile my daughter has gotten a pink US regular 3DS, a pink/white Japanese LL, and my wife has the Japanese Doubutsu no Mori limited LL. (bilingual household, we're weird)

feelin' ghetto with my old model, but it still looks brand new and works 100% so I can't fault it. Ugly, but very well built.

Paracelsus

Finally time for the 2DSmart. As big as the Note 3, supported by the Wii U pro controller, obviously a smartphone, but it gets exclusive Nintendo games.

Top Bottom