• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you date a girl who had genital herpes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

isoquant

So I met this girl. She's 10/10, really fun and smart. A few dates in - before we had sex - she tells me she has genital herpes.

With her taking suppressive medication and me using protection the risk of transmission is very small. But I'm in my early 20s, and the thought of having this same awkward conversation with my future sexual partners makes me uncomfortable.

Would you risk it?

NYR

Fuck no. If she got an STD, she likely got it from sleeping around. Don't ruin your life and put one girl on a pedestal, the fact you are already thinking about your next partners says it all.

Grakl

if she's 10/10 she's 10/10 OP, but damn is that scary, better commit your life

Fuck no. If she got an STD, she likely got it from sleeping around. Don't ruin your life and put one girl on a pedestal.

lol that's not how it works, you serious

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
if i was going to marry her, i guess i'd be getting some herpes

but i wouldnt put my penis anywhere near someone with herpes unless i already had it. wtf is the point of getting an std knowingly

1399151004032.gif

Wazzy

Banned
Fuck no. If she got an STD, she likely got it from sleeping around. Don't ruin your life and put one girl on a pedestal, the fact you are already thinking about your next partners says it all.

Uh no?

STD does not mean they've been sleeping around.

Yeah, you basically build up Herpometer and then after that 7th dude...

Maybe you should just be friends. There are plenty of 10/10's out there who won't risk giving you a disease that will last a LIFETIME.

It may be tough in this situation, but use your brain, not your wiener.

Ventara

I wouldn't risk it unless I was going to marry her. If you can put the sex on hold, I'd just date her, and if it leads to marriage, go for it.

Shaanyboi

Banned
noooooope, I'd rather not have to deal with that, thanks.

Is this post for real?

GQman2121

Banned
Your math is all kinds of fucked.

If she's a 10 that's great. However, you have to subtract the zero cure STD points which makes her a negative 72. What the fuck is wrong with you son?

No way

Maybe if it's someone I already knew for a long long time and they were my 'one and only' or something

but no

Plenty of fish in the sea no need to make (dating) life incredibly hard for yourself by risking to get it yourself

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
If she is a great person and a 10/10 I wouldn't resist. Just use protection and enjoy life.
Condoms don't protect against genital herpes.

Genital herpes are just a few bumps on your junk, right? Seems like more of annoyance than a deal breaker. The panic over it seems manufactured.

LMAO, never. Once even bailed on a girl (fingered her instead) when I asked her if she had STDS IE herpes and she was like "whats that?"

LOL!

BadAss2961

She doesn't seem too bad since she was honest with you... However, you're young and already thinking about your future partners. Odds are this girl won't be that important to you later on.

Pass.

akira28

Genital herpes are just a few bumps on your junk, right? Seems like more of annoyance than a deal breaker. The panic over it seems manufactured.

no. and don't google pics either. think weepy and painful lesions on your dick and adjacent areas, since it can spread by touch. the lesions go away and come back whenever you feel stressed or sick.

it if was just a couple of bumps, people wouldn't be so worried about it.

hokahey

My best friend dated a girl with herpes for years. Never contracted it. He always made it sound like it's pretty damn tough to get if you're careful and plan sex accordingly.

She told you before you hit it? Sounds like a keeper. I'm actually not being facetious btw. Sorry to blow everyone's image of the world, but a lot of the adult population has herpes. Whether you accept the inherent risk in hooking up is on you OP, but I have a thousand times more respect for the girl because she was responsible enough to drop her pride and be upfront. If she's not relationship material she's definitely friend material.

every 10/10 becomes a 5/10 given enough time

then you'll just be stuck with some broad with an STD

Another way to look at it lol - but if you guys click well enough, even the decrease in looks isn't a big ass deal (evidence: no girl in a relationship looks sexy 24/7)

Be grateful she mentioned it though, but it's still a risk in catching it even with protection. If it's really on your mind, go to a private session with a sexual testing clinic for a professional opinion (in Canada these are free).

For myself? I don't think I would.

My best friend dated a girl with herpes for years. Never contracted it. He always made it sound like it's pretty damn tough to get if you're careful and plan sex accordingly.

http://www.vox.com/2014/4/23/5628696/you-probably-have-herpes - Here's a snippet.

Bad news: you probably have herpes and don't know it

QPu8qsp.jpg

..Most people infected with herpes don't ever have symptoms. And most routine STI testing doesn't look for herpes, either. What? Yes. So that's why most people don't know that they have it. (The graph above is for HSV-2.)..

GQman2121

Banned

When you get into high school you'll take a class for one semester explaining all about herps, and cauliflower dick, and all that fun stuff. You'll see what's manufactured...

it's still ridiculously embarrassing to have to admit to it, though. The girl the OP was about to bang is a real good egg, imo. Must have been tough. Or maybe she's just used to banging random guys has gotten used to the faces people make when she tells them she has herpes

What do I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom