• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EA Access Announcements

jbug617

Banned
http://www.ea.com/news/ea-access-brings-you-more-to-love-this-september

Need for Speed Rivals Goes in The Vault
To welcome our new members, we will be adding Need for Speed Rivals to The Vault in the coming weeks. Need for Speed Rivals will join Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, Peggle 2, and Madden NFL 25 in The Vault as games you can play any time you want for as long as you want. Rivals lets you play as either cop or racer, and introduces the all-new AllDrive social system to blend the line between singleplayer and multiplayer.

Details on Upcoming Trials
September will also bring you two awesome opportunities to play new games early. EA Access trials for NHL 15 and FIFA 15 will be going live this month and we want to give you the details on what to expect. All EA Access members will get six hours with each game, and as always, you will be able to play each game five days before the release date.

Soon, Xbox One owners in the following countries will be able to become EA Access members: Brazil, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Chile, Colombia, Portugal, Turkey, South Africa, UAE, Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, and Greece.

Fifa and NHL also have regular demos for people who don't have Access

This is why EA Access has value to me. I've been weighing up getting Rivals since its release, but it didn't seem worth the asking price. Now...it does!

tchaten

Neo Member
Perfect - announced the week after Need for Speed was on Deals with Gold - I should just never buy another EA game again because it'll be "free" the next day :)

malfcn

If the Vault continues to grow and keeps the titles it will be a great library to check out from time to time.
For $5 a month it's tempting to check out and see how many titles one could play through.

Looks like the NFS leak about being in the Vault was true.
It would be nicer if things like sales and access would be communicated better.
Right now it just feels like hints.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
What's up with the 6 hour limit? Why? If you're giving people access for only 5 days, why do this dumb restriction?

Really dude? You want them to give you unlimited access to a brand new game. You can probably beat it in a day and never buy it.

You should feel good about we are atleast getting 6hr access to a full game with achievements unlocked.

jet1911

Ni e! I'll probably give NHL a try too, I think the last one I played was the first they released on the 360 lol. Maybe I'll be better this time!

So is there a difference between the "6 hour" access and the Demo? Is the "6 hour access" giving us full access to the whole game and all of it's options?

just curious...I have a years worth of access but I haven't tried the "trials" yet. Need for speed going in is awesome though!

Hubble

So is there a difference between the "6 hour" access and the Demo? Is the "6 hour access" giving us full access to the whole game and all of it's options?

just curious...I have a years worth of access but I haven't tried the "trials" yet. Need for speed going in is awesome though!

I want to know this as well. If it's 6 hours of access to the full game before release as the demo, then I'll subscribe.

Anyone know?

ekim

I want to know this as well. If it's 6 hours of access to the full game before release as the demo, then I'll subscribe.

Anyone know?

Afaik you have access to the full game. When you chose to buy it, you can just continue from where you left off.

Yeah, it's 6 hours of the full game, achievements and everything. You can give it a shot with the new Madden right now. I was playing it yesterday and it was pretty cool. Though, I only have about an hour left on my trial, so now begins the long wait for Madden 15 to enter the vault (I don't care enough to buy actually go and buy a Madden game, but if it comes with the subscription I'll play it every now and then). :p

I just wish that if you pre-ordered the game you could start playing with no limits 5 days before release. Would be a nice incentive for EA Access as well, especially since you get 10% off the purchase price for games as well.

Glad to see NFS entering the vault. Will give it a shot when it's up!

Anyone know?

When the game goes up on Access, for example with NHL, you download the entire game and have access to everything for six hours of gameplay. When you stop playing, the clock stops ticking down. The demo is available to everyone, but is only a small portion. Access gives you the entire game and all of its features for six hours.

Mugatu

Awesome - have been quite happy to play BF4 and Peggle 2 on the Xbone. I also tried FIFA but I'm not good at sports games.

jond76

Banned
Perfect - announced the week after Need for Speed was on Deals with Gold - I should just never buy another EA game again because it'll be "free" the next day :)

I was so close to buying that too. But with FH2 and The Crew coming so soon, I didn't want to have driver overload.

When the game goes up on Access, for example with NHL, you download the entire game and have access to everything for six hours of gameplay. When you stop playing, the clock stops ticking down. The demo is available to everyone, but is only a small portion. Access gives you the entire game and all of its features for six hours.

That is what I thought...this was a question that I thought should be answered to clear up the "but there is already a demo available" comments...Thanks!

Smidget

Can you still do the 6 hour demo for those games after they come out? Meaning for Madden 15... can I get a 6 hour demo for $5 this month? Or only pre-release?

U2NUMB

Can you still do the 6 hour demo for those games after they come out? Meaning for Madden 15... can I get a 6 hour demo for $5 this month? Or only pre-release?

Yes.. my buddy who wont buy Madden was playing it last night and still had 3 hours left to play.

Vestax

Banned
Wasn't NFS:Rivals a launch game? I would think most XB1/PS4 would have tried this game by now. Hell, this was one of the first games I got my XB1.

So, $5/mo & 10% off new games + plus 6 hours of gameplay before title release? What's the big deal about EA Access? I don't get it.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I think for sports titles the 6 hour limit is pretty shit. We didn't have this in the past with the season tickets.

I can understand in non sport games that you could possibly complete the campaign without the need to purchase it but sports titles are pretty different.

E92 M3

Hmm, this is becoming a much better value proposition. Might pay 5 dollars to try out NFS and Battlefield.

Kssio_Aug

On the Playstation I had a problem with a EA account. Because my PSN and my Origin account had different emails, so when I was going to play BF3 they autommaticaly recognised the game with my PSN account and it wasnt registering it on my Origin... In other words I had 2 separate EA accounts. I could only solve this contacting them on their customer service chat.

The thing is... Now my Live account is a hotmail, and my EA account is a gmail. Is it possible to play my EA games on the Xone (and register to the service) using my original EA gmail account?

jbug617

Banned
Wasn't NFS:Rivals a launch game? I would think most XB1/PS4 would have tried this game by now. Hell, this was one of the first games I got my XB1.

So, $5/mo & 10% off new games + plus 6 hours of gameplay before title release? What's the big deal about EA Access? I don't get it.

It's $5/mo or $30 for the year.

Caayn

EA Access is only $2.5/month if you pay per year. Which, just like PS+ XBL and practically every other subscription service, is way cheaper than paying monthly.

The games in the vault stay there, so it doesn't matter when you sign-up you'll get the same games as a person who's been a subscriber for years. Don't want to resubscribe once your subscription expires? No problem, you won't miss out on games unlike with XBL GWG and PS+ IGC.

For the 5 day early access, do you have to wait for the release date after your 6 hour time is up even if you pre-order the digital version of the game?

Top Bottom