• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EA Access Announcements

statham

On the Playstation I had a problem with a EA account. Because my PSN and my Origin account had different emails, so when I was going to play BF3 they autommaticaly recognised the game with my PSN account and it wasnt registering it on my Origin... In other words I had 2 separate EA accounts. I could only solve this contacting them on their customer service chat.

The thing is... Now my Live account is a hotmail, and my EA account is a gmail. Is it possible to play my EA games on the Xone (and register to the service) using my original EA gmail account?

My EA account is not the same as my live account. If I read that right, you will be okay.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Wasn't NFS:Rivals a launch game? I would think most XB1/PS4 would have tried this game by now. Hell, this was one of the first games I got my XB1.

So, $5/mo & 10% off new games + plus 6 hours of gameplay before title release? What's the big deal about EA Access? I don't get it.

You understand that games in the vault are the full version of the game as though you actually owned it?

So like if you didn't buy NFS rivals (me) you can now play it as though you bought it, which I didn't.

Kssio_Aug

My EA account is not the same as my live account. If I read that right, you will be okay.

I guess this is it then! :)
I will try to sync my Xbox Account this night with the origin.

Now I wonder how much they may charge for the brazilian service! =o

Synth

Wasn't NFS:Rivals a launch game? I would think most XB1/PS4 would have tried this game by now. Hell, this was one of the first games I got my XB1.

So, $5/mo & 10% off new games + plus 6 hours of gameplay before title release? What's the big deal about EA Access? I don't get it.

Out of all the games in the vault. I owned a grand total of... ZERO! Yet I did want to play NFS Rivals and BF4, just not enough to buy them for $60.

Now $30 allows me to play both, along with other games. It's worked out pretty well so far.

This service offer great value to me as a new Xbox One gamer. Do not buy EA games normally, but for about 25 euro a year it offers more than enough to justify the subscription. Hope PvZ will enter the vault soon as well. Titanfall would be a nice addition, but I am not expecting it anytime soon.

zychi

Banned
This is why EA Access has value to me. I've been weighing up getting Rivals since its release, but it didn't seem worth the asking price. Now...it does!

I bought it specifically for BF4, sold my copy for $40, took $30 of it and put it towards a year of this. Already saved me $ for Madden and soon to be NBA

I accidentally bought 2 years of EA access lol, so i guess i'm in it for the long run. I actually am really enjoying it so far. Ive owned only one game that was in the Vault, with that being BF4. So i got the rest and the ability to play BF4 without putting the disk in the drive. Cant wait for PVZ:GW!

Also Peggle 2 is insanely fun.

Vestax

Banned
You understand that games in the vault are the full version of the game as though you actually owned it?

So like if you didn't buy NFS rivals (me) you can now play it as though you bought it, which I didn't.

Don't you have to buy the game itself, minus the 10% off the MSRP + the monthly fee?

What is the difference between a demo and an EA Access trial?

Demos are stand-alone chunks of the game meant to give you a taste, but they don’t provide the full experience. When you play a trial through EA Access, you are playing the real game for a limited time, five days before the release date. And if you buy the game once it releases, you don’t need to download or install anything; you can just pick up where you left off and keep playing.

That's what I understand from this...

ironcreed

Banned
Care to elaborate?

So far the service is great...if they keep up on adding games, it will be a yearly renewal for me.

For sure, and of course they will keep adding games. But the trials to full games is quite nice as well. I have enjoyed Madden 15 for around 4 hours and still have 2 hours left. No demos allow that. Can't wait to get a chunky taste of Dragon Age Inquisition 5 days early

Kssio_Aug

Don't you have to buy the game itself, minus the 10% off the MSRP + the monthly fee?

EA access offer more then early access and disccounts... Those are for the most recent games! The Vault is about older games (like previous versions of their sports games, now NFS Rivals and stuff) and they are there with free access for every subscriber that own the game or not. Thats the big deal! ;)

For the trial, you have to buy the game once the six hours are up. For the Vault (which is where NFS will be) it is complete and unrestricted access included in the subscription price.

I have owned an xbone since early march and never played NFS because I only had so much money for games, and the moment the vault was announced I knew it would be coming, so i'm one of those people.

Caayn

As others have said. Vault games are games that you can play without needing to put down extra money. If you've got a subscription you've got access to every game in the fault. EA Access entails three things the vault, discounts and early access. Hope this picture explains it a bit.
EA-Access-Member-Benefits.png

EA Access

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
NFS Rivals was awful. My only launch game purchase regret, and I even bought Knack at launch.

There was just something extremely aimless about everything. The kind of social racing fun that made games like Burnout such a classic game aren't very prevalent here. Maybe with the right people it's a total blast, but playing online or single player was so unrewarding. It felt really empty.

Tuhbakee

Banned
EA Access is a great value. I'll be looking into upgrading my subscription to a year long duration seeing as this service practically pays for itself, provides great benefits, and has a solid library of games that will only evolve for the better over time. I hope this is a sign of EA turning over a new leaf.

Hubble

The ability to play games 5 days before release for 6 hours is fantastic.

I can play the game early and make progress on FIFA Ultimate Team before anyone else.

Does anyone know if you can use funds in your Microsoft Account on EA Access?

Aeqvitas

I have been really pleased with the service. The only game I already had was BF4 (on disc, so it is nice not having to put in the disc now when I have the urge to play), so I have been able to play some sports titles for the first time since the Genesis and SNES days.

I will also enjoy trying out Rivals, I am more of a Forza fan so I wouldn't have otherwise gotten to play these titles. And I am happy to save 10% on DAI in november. I would definitely recommend trying it out to anyone remotely interested.

The ability to play games 5 days before release for 6 hours is fantastic.

I can play the game early and make progress on FIFA Ultimate Team before anyone else.

Does anyone know if you can use funds in your Microsoft Account on EA Access?

No sadly, I wish since the Facebook promo got me enough xbox money to buy a subscription
Oh I don't know if you can use to buy in store stuff, I think you can use xbox money for that

I'm waiting for gamestop to get sub cards

k3rn3ll

Neo Member
and a dumb place for it to be, IMO.
I mean it is an app/portal for the subscription services. Once you have it though you don't have to go into anymore. When your suscribed, all games in vault show up as free in regular xbox store. And non vault games show up automatically in xbox store with 10% off. Same for the pre release trials. And all of them get stored in your HDD games section and open like normal.

The same logic you state would be like saying Netflix needs to be in the Movies Section and not the apps. They are both the same thing

From what I understand.

For 5$ you can playing ALL the games in the Vault, which keeps growing for how long you want.
6 Hours play time on new releases.
10% Discount on ALL EA products.

WHY is this a bad thing some one please explain the hate.

JeffG

lets see.

I didnt own Battlefield or NFS before, but I got them now. A discount on nhl and DA:I makes EA Access a no brainer.

From what I understand.

For 5$ you can playing ALL the games in the Vault, which keeps growing for how long you want.

Most of the hate has disappeared. At first, it was sour grapes from Sony fans and EA haters. Once the dust cleared, EA Access is a great value. I'm not sure how someone can still argue it isn't. Then again, not to many do these days.

C4Lukins

From what I understand.

They cannot. It is an example of MS and EA being more forward thinking then their company or studio of choice, and they are creating some insane 1984 scenario out of it.

If the games do not interest you then that is fine and logical. But the service itself is excellent for those that are interested in said games.

Dante316

From what I understand.

Cuz its not on ps4. If it was it would likely get less resistence. I as a ps4 fan would get it. And also this is for people who don't buy many EA games so waiting a year or 2 is key.

Bad timing with Forza Horizon 2 releasing at the end of the month, but NFS Rivals definitely makes the vault more appealing to me.

I'm still planning to sign up for it in time for Dragon Age, at least for a month if I don't decide to go all in for the year.

I don't have an XBone, but if the service ever comes to PSN, no thx.

Well thanks for letting us know.

Hopefully plants v zombies comes into the vault and that's when I'll subscribe. Already have BF4, peggle and FIFA so I'll wait a bit longer. Rivals would be good to play though.

Hubble

The most crazy thing is its $30 a year. That's $2.50 a month - definitely worth it for Peggle 2, Battlefield 4 online, and Rivals alone.

Rourkey

This is brilliant! Heard good things about this hand at launch but decided to go for forza, looking forward to trying it out!

jond76

Banned
I mean it is an app/portal for the subscription services. Once you have it though you don't have to go into anymore. When your suscribed, all games in vault show up as free in regular xbox store. And non vault games show up automatically in xbox store with 10% off. Same for the pre release trials. And all of them get stored in your HDD games section and open like normal.

The same logic you state would be like saying Netflix needs to be in the Movies Section and not the apps. They are both the same thing

That's actually pretty cool. Integrated right into the Xbox store. Neat.

EA Access is delivering bigtime so far. :D

Going to be all over that FIFA 15 trial.

The 30 dollars that keeps on giving.

Give me plants vs zombies.

Yep, $30 got me Battlefield 4, Peggle 2, Madden NFL 25, already had FIFA 14, and now I'm going to be getting a game I was interested in, but wasn't willing to buy, Need for Speed Rivals. And as a bonus, I get full access to trials of games I'm anticipating heavily, such as FIFA 15. And, presumably, it will be the same for Dragon Age Inquisition!!!!

And as an unexpected bonus, I found myself remarkably surprised by how good I felt the new Madden game was, and I definitely see myself buying it at some point, something I would've never done if not for being able to try the full game through EA Access.

k3rn3ll

Neo Member
Well thanks for letting us know.

Hopefully plants v zombies comes into the vault and that's when I'll subscribe. Already have BF4, peggle and FIFA so I'll wait a bit longer. Rivals would be good to play though.
Plants vs zombies was awesome. If you own the hard copy trade em in and there's your year subscription

Top Bottom