• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EA Access Announcements

I am so excited about Need for Speed coming to EA access, I haven't purchased a NFS game since the PS2 days since they have no split screen support and the odds are low that all of my friends will own the same one.

That is what is the most enticing part of these game giveaway subscriptions for me, all of my friends will have the same games, and co-op games have significantly more worth through these subscriptions than they ever did on their own.

Huh, it's starting to become a very good investment.

Biz gaf: where is the catch?

Same catch as to why games get discounted to prices like $5 on Steam:

Probably giving some money they weren't getting otherwise ("$30 for a bunch of games I don't already own and wasn't inclined enough to buy already? Sure!")
Gets you exposed to more of EA's games ("Well, I guess I might as well try BF, since I have it already. Oh hey, I kinda like it")
Gets you to buy DLC and stuff in the games ("Rrg, I'm REALLY liking BF. I GUESS I'll get the Premium thing so I can play all of the other maps")
Gets you to buy successive games earlier, and/or digitally ("OH BOY!! Battlefield 5 is finally out!! And hey, I get the digital version 10% cheaper than retail, so let's go for that!")

Obviously, not everyone might fall into that story, but some percentage will get some percent of the way through it, and the total, aggregated result on the backend is probably a net positive.

I am so excited about Need for Speed coming to EA access, I haven't purchased a NFS game since the PS2 days since they have no split screen support and the odds are low that all of my friends will own the same one.

That is what is the most enticing part of these game giveaway subscriptions for me, all of my friends will have the same games, and co-op games have significantly more worth through these subscriptions than they ever did on their own.

Not to put a damper on your excitement.... The game is an exercise in frustration and extreme rubberbanding. The time I've spent with it, the cop chases are just nonstop and never ending and again thanks to rubberbanding. You'll be 1 notch away from escaping time and time again only for a cop to suddenly appear and close the distance on you within seconds. I'm all for difficult and tense chases, but so far its more about just giving you points so they can instantly take them away.

its possible im just not very good at the game yet... But I have very little desire to continue on much longer with the way it currently is.

Najaf

I feel like I'm missing something really obvious.... I just subscribed. How do I get access to the games? I cant find anything on the xbox and google isn't helping.

Top Bottom