• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EA Access Announcements

k3rn3ll

Neo Member
That's actually pretty cool. Integrated right into the Xbox store. Neat.
Yea it works out well especially for instance the madden trial started while I was at work. So through the smart glass app I was able to go ahead and dload while I was at work and have it ready when I got home. That's a huge plus

Solsc

I was skeptical but after getting the yearly sub I have no regrets. It's a great value. I am just wondering how often they will be adding "new" games to the vault.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Very nice, never picked this game up and I look forward to playing it. The only EA games I own are Peggle 2 and PvZ so getting all those other games for $30 is a steal as long as they keep adding to the vault. Actually I'll be buying DA:I so saving $6 on that takes me down to $24 for the year's sub.

I had this during August and I really enjoyed it, it was a great value for me because I never had FIFA 14, Peggle 2 or Battlefield 4 and I got to play them out just for 5 dollars. I also got to jump back in to Madden 25 before the release of Madden 15 which was great. I'll plop down another 5 for this in November so I can play Dragon Age 5 days earlier and play Need for Speed Rivals. Hopefully, by then Plants vs. Zombies is apart of the vault as well!

Castef

Banned
I was skeptical but after getting the yearly sub I have no regrets. It's a great value. I am just wondering how often they will be adding "new" games to the vault.

Still wondering why they have not added Xbox 360 to this program.

Hip Hop

LOL at people mad at this. It's hilarious to me.

This is one of the better things that have come out recently.

Will be getting it soon. Want to try Peggle 2.

LOL at people mad at this.

They probably think that EA won't make Demos anymore, too sell more subs.
But the NHL 15 Demo came out just as always, so there is really NOTHING negative about EA Access.
I guess when EA and MS team up, ppl hate automatically.

Godan

Thanks. Think I might get it for the Fifa 15 5 early access but the 6 hours part is kinda putting me off it a bit.

Kssio_Aug

Brazilian price tag seems to be confirmed (R$15/month; R$69/year)

Im not sure if I wait the service to come or if I buy a year code on a NA store already! Lol

The game that I wanted to check out, but didn't want to buy. The EA access program has been coming through for me. Glad I signed up when it was announce last month for the yearly sub. Not happy Sony didn't let this go through. I really like the fact I don't ever have to buy a FIFA game or NHL. I'm not a huge fan. So I don't mind playing the outdated versions of those games when they hit the vault.

Megatron

Wasn't NFS:Rivals a launch game? I would think most XB1/PS4 would have tried this game by now. Hell, this was one of the first games I got my XB1.

So, $5/mo & 10% off new games + plus 6 hours of gameplay before title release? What's the big deal about EA Access? I don't get it.

I would imagine more ps4 owners bought this than XB1 owners (percentage-wise) because it was the only racer on the system and the xb1 had forza 5. And yes, they are launch games, but launch was 10 months ago, what do you want from them?

MrBud360

I´m from Brazil and i already have the service! Will try NHL this weekend, and cant wait to play Need for Speed!!!

Yeah, if EA Access is "ruining gaming" I hope more companies get out the jackhammers.

The service so far has been fantastic, and probably the best $30 I've spent on gaming in... ever?

epmode

Care to elaborate?

So far the service is great...if they keep up on adding games, it will be a yearly renewal for me.

Considering EA's behavior over the last twenty years, it's only a matter of time before they ruin EA Access.

I agree that it's pretty decent at the moment, though!

Z_Y

So I'm sitting here at work trying to figure how to start the download for N4S via smart glass. It has the prompt to "Play on Xbox One" where the purchase prompt would be....as if I have already downloaded it. Can't confirm from work but that would be actually pretty amazing if it is auto-downloading things once they get added to the vault. Did that happen for anybody else?

Chris1

EA access is starting to be tremendous value for your money, didn't expect them to add NFS this soon. May even sign up again for another month for it.

They only have PVZ left to add right? Guessing that will be added around Christmas time and advertised the shit out of to sell EA access to parents as a Christmas present.

blazeuk

Considering EA's behavior over the last twenty years, it's only a matter of time before they ruin EA Access.

I agree that it's pretty decent at the moment, though!

It's in their own interest to keep the service as competitive as possible, there's no contract to keep you signed up long term, you pay a one off fee for either a month or a year, if it no longer offers any value then people will simply not subscribe anymore. They release enough yearly products to be able to keep a similar cycle going by providing last years FIFA/NBA/NFL/NHL/BF/NFS etc a few months before the new one comes out.

As long as you go into it knowing that's likely what you're always going to get along with maybe a few non annualised games thrown in then you're not going to end up disappointed by it.

EA access is starting to be tremendous value for your money, didn't expect them to add NFS this soon. May even sign up again for another month for it.

They only have PVZ left to add right? Guessing that will be added around Christmas time and advertised the shit out of to sell EA access to parents as a Christmas present.

UFC is probably the next one.

Xtra

Neo Member
I am still confused here.

When a game enters the vault does it mean it is always in the vault? Like, Madden 25 is now PERMINATELY in the vault now? Meaning if I sign up next year will it be available to me?

In the end this is EA we are talking about though. It will take YEARS of good will to earn back consumer trust... or at least it should. They have a proven track record of aggressively leveraging any advantageous position they can get in order to maximise profits (i.e. get more money out of your wallet.)

I still refuse to install EA's origin as I will not be held at gunpoint for a game (like every single EA game since Mass effect 3).

Vestax

Banned
I would imagine more ps4 owners bought this than XB1 owners (percentage-wise) because it was the only racer on the system and the xb1 had forza 5. And yes, they are launch games, but launch was 10 months ago, what do you want from them?

Me? Nothing. I try to support EA as little as possible. However, for others, less stale games (launch game) would be nice.

EA Sports games aren't that big of a deal, I doubt they invest a lot into them since they have most of their licensing(s) on lock. So seeing Madden 15 right off the bat is not surprising, if there's no competition, they don't have to invest tons of money on development and marketing.

The game that I wanted to check out, but didn't want to buy. The EA access program has been coming through for me. Glad I signed up when it was announce last month for the yearly sub. Not happy Sony didn't let this go through. I really like the fact I don't ever have to buy a FIFA game or NHL. I'm not a huge fan. So I don't mind playing the outdated versions of those games when they hit the vault.
Well . . . you get FIFA 14 but since there is no NHL 14, you might have to wait a year to play NHL 15. But I guess you will get to play NHL 15 for 6 hours I guess.

Chris1

UFC is probably the next one.
Didn't that just come out like 2 months ago?

Forgot about NBA live, yeah that's probably what will come next then.

When a game enters the vault does it mean it is always in the vault? Like, Madden 25 is now PERMINATELY in the vault now? Meaning if I sign up next year will it be available to me?

In the end this is EA we are talking about though. It will take YEARS of good will to earn back consumer trust... or at least it should. They have a proven track record of aggressively leveraging any advantageous position they can get in order to maximise profits (i.e. get more money out of your wallet.)

I still refuse to install EA's origin as I will not be held at gunpoint for a game (like every single EA game since Mass effect 3).
It says in the terms that they they may remove games, but thats probably just for legal reasons incase they have to remove a game (like losing the license, or something).

EA has stated that they have no plans to and that if they do remove any games, they will give a months heads up. I'd say it's permanent, and really it makes no sense for it not to be. Why remove madden 25 a year+ down the line? It's not like many people will be buying that now, so you might aswell keep those games in it to make it look like it has more "value" even though not many people would be subscribing for it after a few years.

zorbsie

Picked up EA Access for the month. Wanted to check out full version of NHL15 and with Rivals added I thought it was worth 5 bucks to check it out. Problem is the subscription is set to auto renew in a month and I can't seem to find where to turn off auto renew. Maybe I'm just being dumb, but I've looked in all the reasonable places. EA gonna EA or just stupid me?

I'm kinda tempted to sub. This program doesn't actually sound too bad

It's a great program, don't let the negativity drive you away from it.

Picked up EA Access for the month. Wanted to check out full version of NHL15 and with Rivals added I thought it was worth 5 bucks to check it out. Problem is the subscription is set to auto renew in a month and I can't seem to find where to turn off auto renew. Maybe I'm just being dumb, but I've looked in all the reasonable places. EA gonna EA or just stupid me?

Got you covered buddy.

Go to xbox.com
Mouse over my account in upper right, choose profile
Click privacy settings. (clicking edit gamertag will also take you to right place)
Click Subscriptions, and right there you'll see your EA Access subscription. Click on cancel auto payment. All set!

Is the only way to download games from EA Access through the Xbox One app?

I want to download Need for Speed but I'm at work and was hoping I could start the download now so it would be done by the time I get home.

Yes. They do not intend to take games out of the vault. They have said that multiple times.

However, just note that legally they have a clause that they can remove games from the vault. It's basically there to cover their asses in case some situation pops up that forces EA to stop selling a game though (such as a lawsuit which requires EA to stop selling a game or whatever fictitious scenario you want to think up).

Chris1

https://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub/Subscription

You should be able to cancel it through here, just click the EA access one and it should give you an option to cancel at the side.

zorbsie

https://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub/Subscription

You should be able to cancel it through here, just click the EA access one and it should give you an option to cancel at the side.

Thanks dude! I just got to that page and was going to post it. lol
Looks like it was silly me. Because EA isn't actually handling the subscription I was looking in the wrong place to see payment options. Everything is cool again. I'll probably get the year sub after this month anyways.

Is the 10% off full games as well as DLC?

Top Bottom