• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive: “no plans for a PC version right now,” says developer

fantomena

Overdrive if old.

Sunset Overdrive developer Insomniac Games does not currently have any plans for a PC port, but hasn’t ruled out the possibility.

Sunset Overdrive is an Xbox One exclusive, but considering Ryse: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3 switched sides less than a year after being available only on Xbox One, many have wondered if the same thing will happen to Sunset Overdrive.

“I don’t know what the future holds, right now there’s no plans for a PC version of the game,” community and marketing lead James Stevenson told Videogamer.

“We’re just working hard to finish up [the Xbox One version]. We’re going to support it post-launch and then we’ll see what happens in the future. But there’s no plans. We aren’t planning a PC version or anything like that.”

Do you expect Sunset Overdrive to make the jump to PC eventually?

Sunset Overdrive is due October 28 on Xbox One.

No "NO!!!!!" from the devs. Still have my hopes up.

dbVZQ.gif

http://www.vg247.com/2014/09/22/sunset-overdrive-dev-has-no-plans-for-pc-version/

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Would be a terrible decision. The game looks awesome, and would make a great X1 exclusive franchise going forward.

well, I'm not surprised. Personally, I'm going to wait to see if the game's any good before hoping there's a PC release of it.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
They've never released a PC game. Like the other guy said, I'll wait to see if the game's good before caring about a PC release.

SerTapTap

Would be a terrible decision. The game looks awesome, and would make a great X1 exclusive franchise going forward.

Part of the reason Insomniac went to MS for funding is so they'd have control over the IP. I doubt it'll be 100% exclusive for all future sequels. Of course, it depends on how much MS is willing to pay out for future ones (and whether it sells enough for them to make another, especially independently)

They've never released a PC game. Like the other guy said, I'll wait to see if the game's good before caring about a PC release.

Most of them are PS exclusives and that's exactly why they went to MS this time, so they'd have control (of the IP, not necessarily of this game).

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

The whole reason Insomniac did a deal with Xbox in the first place was so that they could branch out the IP to new platforms.

This was never intended as a new exclusive franchise. Ever.

Kezen

Banned
It's not totally unthinkable the game could land on PC eventually but I would advise everyone to keep their expectations in check.

I'm not interested in the game at all.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Of course not. Why would they talk about anything but the Xbox One version right now?

fantomena

I don't know the numbers, but I guess their games never have been very strong at sales. So multiplattform would be great for them.

I mean, focus on Xbone first, PC later.

Nzyme32

Cool, I'll wait for the PC version then. Looks like a fun game. It's a shame there aren't more games like it that just embrace being a video game and going all out rather than the usual pseudo-realisim

Jawmuncher

If Insomniac decides to come into this thread.
Can you tell me why Fuse never made it over considering it was multiplatform.

Krakn3Dfx

Would be a pretty significant shift for Insomniac if they did, but then again, the move to the XB1 is a pretty significant shift for them as well.

Going to pick it up on the XB1 for now, if it's good and made it over eventually, I wouldn't completely count out double dipping on it, but like Dead Rising 3 or Ryse, I'm not going to sit around waiting for it either.

I think the best thing you can get out of this is that since Insomniac owns the IP, if it does well for them, they have the option to branch out and support a PC release if they choose to do that, whether or not it actually happens with the original game or maybe even a sequel down the line.

Flarin

If I was an Xbox One owner I'd be so upset right now. Seems like almost all the AAA Xbox One exclusives so far (Titanfall, Dead Rising 3, Ryse) have come to PC. I get that Microsoft is invested in the PC market, obviously, but that wouldn't instill confidence for Xbox One fans.

Keep this game an exclusive, whatever that means these days anymore.

Ape

Banned
lol "we aren't planning a PC version" but I get what he's saying. You can never say "there will absolutely never ever be a PC version!" because you literally never know what will happen. He gave a very responsible answer, but people will try to find something between the lines.

The traditional stock response in these cases. It doesn't mean anything but the lack of a flat our denial leaves open a small window. We'll see.

Superflat

I'd be delighted to hear that it's coming to PC in a year's time, if it gets good word-of-mouth that is. Visually, it's one of the most striking and colorful art styles I've seen this gen.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Spoken like a true corporate suit.

i clearly meant from microsoft's perspective. although from what i'm reading that it's not their call.

The whole reason Insomniac did a deal with Xbox in the first place was so that they could branch out the IP to new platforms.

This was never intended as a new exclusive franchise. Ever.

ah, i see. well that gives me hope that I'll get to play it someday!

So there shouldn't be ANY exclusives on any platform? Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Halo 5, Quantum Break, etc should all come to PC?

Hmmm

I wish felicide was exclusive to alternating current. Too bad it turned out only timed exclusive, that was a huge slap in the face.

Part of me hopes it doesn't because I need reasons to justify an Xbone purchase and if the console keeps losing exclusives there is no reason to buy one anymore, but the other part wants to play it at higher than 900p.

Given how their last couple games have sold, more platforms is better always over time.

I get the feeling this will be on xb1 first, then pc later.

Fuse on 2 platforms sold less than main Ratchet games on PS3. Same is true for the other dev who went multiplat: Ninja Theory.

SgtCobra

More sales, a bigger audience, and more recognition is a terrible idea right guys.

This game at 1080p/60fps would blow me away.

Top Bottom