• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: MCC Multiplayer "1th" patch "fix" live!

SegaShack

Hate to be "that guy" but I called it last week that there are just way too many issues to be fixed in a week and that if it was all fixed in a week they must be the worlds best programmers. I don't think it'll be fixed until the game consumes half my hard drive after all these updates. Anyways, gaf customs works, so that's fine for the moment.

Fuck you, you should have tested this broken ass game before releasing it. After searching for 15 minutes I got a 14 player match in WARLORD splitting my party apart. (if you work for 343i) You guys suck dick you should have been in charge of an arcade game not Halo.

Jesus Christ. Laughing my ass off at this. What the hell is wrong with you?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Has anyone noticed if co-op has been improved with regards to the non-host lag? I'm updating right now. Last night I was still experiencing anywhere from an eighth to a half second delay in my inputs without this patch. We beat Halo:CE on Heroic, but we don't want to even try Legendary until there's an acceptable level of delay happening.

When I'm non-host, I just get some nasty input lag, but when I'm host, the other gets screen freezing. Not really sure how much information has to move between the pipes when it comes to a coop game, but does this game require more than normal? My upload isn't great, but it's never really been a problem with a lot of other games. My upload can be anywhere from 2 to 5 Mbps according to speedtest.

KdMgMan

has anybody tried playing HA2 co-op? I keep getting some weird beeping sound and then it disconnects me from my friends session.

Kssio_Aug

Will try BTB once more after a loading screen freeze time. After that, working or not, am going to sleep.

Edit:
Allright. It was pratically instantaneous.

This os not luck. Before this patch I played a total of 3 matches. Now I just played 6!

It is better! Am still disappointed cause its far from perfect. A bit inconsitent times and lots of bugs.

I know this patch has nothing to do with the single player but besides the checkpoint issues everything is good? I've heard some glitches like sound getting cut off and inconsistent framerate but is any of this serious? As in, all checkpoints are borked?

I'm playing this for SP only.

Eh I am still having issues connecting. I'm just gonna ask for a refund and rebuy when it is all fixed as long as the community is still around after this fiasco. It will definitely be cheaper by then and I can use the money on to buy Dragon Age.

It pmatched me with four other people and it is just cycling through "host migration" screens over and over without adding any new players. It was 3-4 minutes on my third search attempt before it even got this far and now it is doing this for a good 3-4 minutes. It never did this before. In fact when I searched alone instead of with friends I used to be able to find a match.

I guess I should be grateful?

I know this patch has nothing to do with the single player but besides the checkpoint issues everything is good? I've heard some glitches like sound getting cut off and inconsistent framerate but is any of this serious? As in, all checkpoints are borked?

I'm playing this for SP only.

There were some achievements not registering, that was addressed in the patch, but I haven't seen anyone post if they are working now, or if they are retroactively popping up if you should have earned them...

Wereroku

Very mixed impressions overall about this patch. Wonder why that's the case right now.

I really think the networking has trouble dealing with the volume of people hitting it. When the population is lower it works great but the bigger it gets the more problems occur. There also seems to be something else to it since some people have little to no problems. Maybe ISP differences even?

YEAH

thanks 343 FOR NOTHING

I bet Frankie is even reading OTHER THREADS right now

Good to see people still failing to parse the English language.

Someone said that 343 was doing an exceptional job communicating with their fanbase, I said they really weren't going above and beyond just because Stinkles posted one response to a hundred questions.

I also said that we shouldn't be pre-emptively praising today's patch, wanna try to shoot that down again?

This is just strange. How do you fuck up HALO if you are Microsoft? This is your flagship IP. Makes me wonder if the MCC was thrown together a lot fasterthan they let on to have something ready for Holiday '14. Did something else get delayed or something?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Good to see people still failing to parse the English language.

Someone said that 343 was doing an exceptional job communicating with their fanbase, I said they really weren't going above and beyond just because Stinkles posted one response to a hundred questions.

I also said that we shouldn't be pre-emptively praising today's patch, wanna try to shoot that down again?
Wait, you're the person who tried to make a big deal out of Frankie posting in other threads? I didn't even know, lol. I was just referencing it because it seemed to match your attitude and I thought it was similarly ridiculous.

Wait, you're the person who tried to make a big deal out of Frankie posting in other threads? I didn't even know, lol. I was just referencing it because it seemed to match your attitude and I thought it was similarly ridiculous.

Swing and a miss, that wasn't what I was doing.

The game is WORSE now. Enjoy that parade.

Vire

Can you play the multiplayer without the patch currently? I don't get why some people are saying "wait till everyone downloads the patch"?

RowdyReverb

So no consensus then on post patch improvements.

Too much variability between player experiences and the matchmaking performance is too variable for us to really assess how much the patch improved things. We have no hard numbers, just conflicting anecdotes about people finding 5 matches in a row and people finding matches as all.
The transparency added to searching for a match is a definite plus though. It now tells you if a match or players have been found, so you can at least see progress in matchmaking.

40 minutes of searching and I've played one game. I should've started Far Cry tonight.

Just finished Sunset Overdrive today, prior to the update coming out for TMCC. I too have Farcry 4 sitting on my hard drive (digital copy), but I wanted to play Halo so bad. But the Matchmaking is still so damn buggy.

Very mixed impressions overall about this patch. Wonder why that's the case right now.

Well i can into games but theres glitches. Like just now i got into a game with 13 people on a 12 player server...

Aaaaaaaand im stuck in the after game stat screen again.... This is getting frustrating

Bsigg12

Can you play the multiplayer without the patch currently? I don't get why some people are saying "wait till everyone downloads the patch"?

It doesn't seem like the patch rolled out to everyone at once. It's definitely got better over the last hour.

I'm still getting stuck in the PCR, forcing me to reset the game.

Still getting lopsided matches in playlists and parties getting split up.

Roster is still totally broken. It still drops parties when you back out of matchmaking, forcing you to re-invite everybody. It still also automatically reverts your party back to Friends Only after changing it to Invite Only. It also still has that glitch where it thinks someone you just played with is still your party leader, forcing you to reboot the game.

Oh yeah, and the Halo 1 Boxer button config is still wrong. Throw Grenade is supposed to be B, not RB. It's correct on Halo 2, but wrong for Halo 1.

Still getting Match Incomplete on the PCR for games I'm pretty sure completed.

Also, this is still a thing:

5gib.png

In other words, this game is still a total shitshow. I bought an Xbox One for this game.

Kssio_Aug

The ammount of bugs are unbelievable. I have to say that.

Already had to shut the game off like 5-6 times.

Edit:
Well, its working better then before the patch for me.. Yeah. But honestly... Its still shitty. 343 fucked up big time in this one.

"Match Incomplete" even after reaching 59 kills? Ok. Now...how do I leave this screen? No back button, can't go to the main menu...guess I'll just quit.

Great.

Sanjuro

Need to quit out of games after matches.

Xbox randomly reset when game started.

Party/Roster is broken.

Still takes forever to find a game.

Uneven matches.

Pets heads are falling off.

Omni

Downloading latest matchmaking data...

HOW MUCH IS IT DOWNLOADING. Do I have to just wait here or what?

Top Bottom