• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: MCC Multiplayer "1th" patch "fix" live!

Butane123

Fuck you, you should have tested this broken ass game before releasing it. After searching for 15 minutes I got a 14 player match in WARLORD splitting my party apart. (if you work for 343i) You guys suck dick you should have been in charge of an arcade game not Halo.
Woah man, calm down. It's just a game.

Cider X

Are we really allowing this type of language here. It's ok to feel "raged" but we're mostly adults here - no need for cuss words.

Nah I don't think this is allowed at all. I'm guessing he will be gone soon. I mean yeah the game is straight up broken but there's no need for that kind of language. It's just video games.

Omni

Fuck you, you should have tested this broken ass game before releasing it. After searching for 15 minutes I got a 14 player match in WARLORD splitting my party apart. (if you work for 343i) You guys suck dick you should have been in charge of an arcade game not Halo.

Wow.

Bruh

Ok! lol..

volgihn

Very first big team battle match. It didn't take much to get into the game but within 30 seconds of the match starting my game just froze. Will give it another try but if this continues I'm just going to uninstall and try to get a refund.

onanie

DQcyOPP.gif

He's pretty good at it.

oatmeal

Banned
Meh, the rage is justified.

You spend $60 and wait a week for something promised but it's just more BS.

Who knows if this game will ever be the game it's supposed to be, or even something playable.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
HEY NOW

nothin wrong with sucking dick

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II

mock-surprise-gif.gif

I assume you are restarting after 5 mins? Searching longer than that will not be beneficial to you....

Shouldnt have to do that after the fucking patch.

I just got home and downloaded the patch. You know what happened my first try into multiplayer? It searched for five minutes and then gave me "You connection to the host has failed."

Later I finally get into a game of H1. Apparently the pistol has no zoom sound anymore. Thanks, patch.

Then when the game was done it froze on the results screen.

This game is bullshit.

With the state of the MCC and this patch... the Halo 5 beta should be fucking hilarious.

Wasn't almost all of MCC outsourced to other teams? Why would Halo 5 be affected at all - if anything it reminds me of Gearbox and that Aliens game they didn't make while they were making Borderlands 2.

The grunty thirst is real.

Kssio_Aug

It seems things are considerably better. But still far from perfect. Maybe tomorrow it will be better.

But after one Halo 3 game I got stucked at the results board.

Mr.Fusion

I've only been able to find one match so far. It keeps searching and searching and never finds anyone still, and I was still unable to join a friend's game as well.

JeIws.gif

Vire

Let's defend a broken ass game everybody!

I don't think anyone is defending the game in here aside from that one person. Anger is justified considering sixty dollars isn't an insignificant amount and some have even purchased an Xbox One just to play this game. With that being said, we don't need to resort to homophobic threats to the developer just because you are upset the game isn't working.

Be angry, but do it constructively. GAF is better than that.

btrboyev

Game still has huge bugs. Game just randomly froze after a match, started making a juddering sound and the game restarted on it's own.

oatmeal

Banned
Sadly I agree with this. I feel like I bought an xbox one for nothing

My buddy bought it on Halo launch (after I pressured him) and then bought the digital Halo and he HATES the system. Been a Halo fan since the first (much bigger fan than me).

Hates everything about the system, slow friends list loading, broken online...

I feel bad :(

Alchemy

Wasn't almost all of MCC outsourced to other teams? Why would Halo 5 be affected at all - if anything it reminds me of Gearbox and that Aliens game they didn't make while they were making Borderlands 2.

343 is plastered on the cover of the game, and according to Wikipedia:

Saber Interactive (Halo 2 '​s campaign)
Certain Affinity (Halo 2 '​s multiplayer)
Ruffian Games (Halo 3 and 4)
United Front Games[1] (unified interface)
Bungie (original trilogy)

So 343 was at least responsible for:
  • Halo 1 Singleplayer
  • Halo 1 AE Singleplayer
  • Halo 1 AE Multiplayer
  • Halo 2 AE Singleplayer
  • Halo 2 AE Multiplayer

I'd also guess 343 handled all the networking and matchmaking.

TechOne

eTb7nB1.gif

My buddy bought it on Halo launch (after I pressured him) and then bought the digital Halo and he HATES the system. Been a Halo fan since the first (much bigger fan than me).

I'm in the same boat. Friend is about to light xbone on fire.

JaggedSac

• Halo 1 Singleplayer
  • Halo 1 AE Singleplayer
  • Halo 1 AE Multiplayer
  • Halo 2 AE Singleplayer
  • Halo 2 AE Multiplayer

Good lord too many cooks trying to cook too fast.

• Halo 1 Singleplayer
  • Halo 1 AE Singleplayer
  • Halo 1 AE Multiplayer
  • Halo 2 AE Singleplayer
  • Halo 2 AE Multiplayer

Thanks for the correction. So they mainly handled porting Halo Anniversary and updating Halo 2.

It'd have to be such a nightmare trying to coordinate and test these new patches.

Random17

Verachi
Banned
Today, 9:43 PM

Verachi
Banned
(Today, 03:43 PM)

This is what is coming up for me.

Just in case 343i is reading this; there are a number of new glitches that appear to be occurring in custom games, notably the laggy UI. These were not present before patch.

BY2K

Membero Americo

This game if fucking shit. Patch doesnt help. Good job killing halo 343. Funny how Halo was the Halo killer.

Hey guys, what's going o...

iBcbK3tM7YfuB.gif

MouldyK

• Halo 1 Singleplayer
  • Halo 1 AE Singleplayer
  • Halo 1 AE Multiplayer
  • Halo 2 AE Singleplayer
  • Halo 2 AE Multiplayer

Uh, Saber probably did H1A since they did it on the Xbox 360 and Halo 2's SP bits were Saber also I believe. Certain Infinity did H2A Multiplayer.

JdFoX187

Banned
Finally 5v5 Halo 2 GOAT. Idiots vote slayer. Seriously, there's a whole fucking slayer playlist. Fuck voting slayer over Two Flag Beaver Creek.

Wereroku

He should be able to return the console if he wants to. Maybe even the game if he call Xbox support.

Top Bottom