• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars The Force Awakens character names revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaron

Lucasfilm has chosen just about the coolest way ever for you to meet the characters in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. They’ve released images of Topps trading cards that reveal the Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Character Names. Read them below.

The images come via Entertainment Weekly, reveal the following

The “ball droid” is BB-8
Oscar Isaac is Poe Dameron
The Sith is Kylo Ren
Daisy Ridley is Rey
John Boyega is Finn

(Via Obin_gam)
n5KWFpp.jpg

qTI6bIt.jpg

oLdUsKl.jpg

6pkZEnL.jpg

2LwPbyc.jpg

“I’m only sorry we couldn’t give everyone a stick of gum,” Abrams told EW. Head there to see more of the images from the trailer, but this is the big news.

Another interesting tidbit is that Abrams told EW there’s a significance to the numbers on each card Those are as follows:

#11 — BB-8 on the move
#53 — Poe Dameron in his X-Wing
#67 — Kylo Ren ignites his Lightsaber
#74 — Rey on her Speeder
#76 — Finn on the run
#81 — Stormtroopers prepare for battle
#88 — X-Wings in formation
#96 — The Millennium Falcon

We’ll have much more soon.

http://goo.gl/4EFkX3

Kylo Ren? Doesn't sound very intimidating. I would think of some Han Solo type guy if I heard that name, not a Sith.

Also, isn't Rey "king" in spanish?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Finn?

LOL.

And the sith's name doesn't sound very evil. Lucas knew how to make evil sounding names that way the audience would never be confused about who's supposed to be the bad guy.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Kylo Ren is a really cool name.

Konka

Banned
I wonder why they didn't revel the last names of Finn and Rey?

Finn is clearly Han and Leia's Son while Rey is Luke and Leia's daughter.

Finn?

LOL.

And the sith's name doesn't sound very evil. Lucas knew how to make evil sounding names that way the audience would never be confused about who's supposed to be the bad guy.

With the nuance of a lead hammer.

They named the balldroid BB.

That's pretty cool. I like that.

Also gonna be weird not calling Kira, Kira. Although she was never Kira, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom