• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars The Force Awakens character names revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Thank the maker you're here to explain this stuff.

ibefhJFdeKYMRU.png

Toxi

Banned
What if the red lightsaber and trailer are red herrings and Kylo is a good guy? Think of how Terminator 2 made Arnie's Terminator look like the bad guy.

I think probably only one of the characters without a last name has a last name we'd be familiar with.

Reasoning - If every "Solo" or "Skywalker" character only gets announced by their first name, it'll be obvious they've got a last name that reveals something about their character. To avoid making it super obvious, they'll have to hide last names of character whose last names don't have special significance, thereby keeping us guessing.

That being said, I think it's possible neither of them are a solo and probable that neither is a Skywalker.

Well, when Lucas got the Holocron, maybe it omitted the appearance of the protagonists. Then again, it was just easier to film with humans. The ultimate whitewashing.

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2014/04/every-human-in-star-wars-is-really-a-humanoid-bee

That article is hilarious. Also, it was always fun for me to think that Earth was colonized by what was left of the Star Wars universe after a galaxy-destroying war in which the Empire succeeded in destroying or banishing all non-human species and all Jedi and Sith were killed, thereby losing all knowledge of the force.

I know how anal you are about spoilers so I'll just say the Boyega scene should be happening much earlier than over an hour into the movie.
You know how anal I am about spoilers, so you thought you'd tell me/confirm how early one of the events are happening.

Cheers.

Not really digging "Finn," and "Rey" is sort of a weird name for her on multiple levels (nickname, maybe?), but Kylo* Ren sounds badass, and I'm digging BB-8. Poe Dameron is eh.

*Pronouncing it Kai-low in my head.

Faiz

I wonder what names Lucas would have gone with.

Darth Icky, PootPoot and Gagoo Gaga.

Assuming you know but throwing it out there for those who don't - Icky was actually suggested by Lucas for the main character of Force Unleashed.

Not gonna get into the getting into it of it (that makes sense, I promise you it does) but those numbers can't match up with the minutes into the movie they appear.

The clearest bit of non-spoilery reasoning for it is that Isaac's in-cockpit shot (with the water from the lake spraying up against the windows & the wings) is listed about 30 numbers back of the exterior shot of that same sequence. Those shots in the trailer are obviously part of the same scene - yet their numbers are distanced quite a bit.

So lord knows what the numbers actually represent if they're not specific scene numbers, page numbers, or minutes into the film.

Wilbur

Banned
Not gonna get into the getting into it of it (that makes sense, I promise you it does) but those numbers can't match up with the minutes into the movie they appear.

The clearest bit of non-spoilery reasoning for it is that Isaac's in-cockpit shot (with the water from the lake spraying up against the windows & the wings) is listed about 30 numbers back of the exterior shot of that same sequence.

unless they're not the same sequence

absolutely sensational revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom