• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chinese man moves to Ukraine to live. Finds himself a smoking hot 17 year old wife

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.lollipop.sg/content/shoc...her-beautiful-ukrainian-making-waves-online-0

I can't tell if this is a true story or not. The fact that his wife is also still in HS...but hey, whatever makes them happy.

On the Autohome BBS, Mei Aicai’s threads about his life in Ukraine have reached hundreds of thousands, even millions of views. People all relished in discussing his beautiful wife, and it was through his wife’s support that Mei Aicai started his own business.

When Ukrainian women get married, they take their husband’s name. Mei Aicai’s wife’s name is Mei Dasha and she is still attending high school. According to Ukrainian law, women can marry at the age of 17.

”She may be young but her views are very mature. At school, she is a good student with excellent grades and at home, she is a good wife, keeping our home neat and tidy, doing the laundry and cooking.” Talking about his wife, Mei Aicai has nothing but praise for her.

A happy home life left Mei Aicai with less to worry about, so he had more time to devote to his business. He quit his previous job as an animator and chose to start his own business. Currently, he is running a company engaged in the import/export of equipment and foodstuffs.

According to him, doing business in Ukraine requires little entertainment and socializing, where even taking a client out is unnecessary, so even now Mei Aicai does not drink or smoke, but Ukrainians have high standards when it comes to quality of work.

Chinese-Mans-Life-with-Beautiful-Ukrainian-Wife-Envied-05.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
She looks older than 17. At least in the OP.

Ratrat

Shocking? I thought this kind of thing was normal in Eastern Europe, Russia.

This would be a story if he was poor and the girl was say French.

Valhelm

contribute something
That makes me a little bit uncomfortable. But if she's legally allowed to in Ukraine, and if she's happy, then I guess I shouldn't judge.

Cels

"One way to judge whether a man’s ability [worth] is to see whether or not you can marry a foreign woman (European or American). Middle Eastern, African, Southeast Asian don’t count."

lol

good for him. and if he's rich and not too bad looking (as that picture shows), it's nothing to be surprise about. the real surprise would be if this marriage last for more then 10 years. I hope I'm wrong and that they're actually in love with each other, but something tells me that might not be the case.

good for him. and if he's rich and not too bad looking (as that picture shows), it's nothing to be surprise about. the real surprise would be if this marriage last for more then 10 years. I hope I'm wrong and that they're actually in love with each other, but something tells me that might not be the case.

you think she's using him for his chinese citizenship? lol. he even switched passport to Ukraine

Dram

"When a man marries a foreigner, it’ll make the news, and seems to even bring a bit of pride. That’s because such cases are extremely rare. When a [Chinese] woman marries a foreigner, there is nothing, because [such cases] are too many."
very odd

Sober

What's shocking?
Maybe just either AM/WF is very rarely talked about or something so unusual that something must be wrong, who could love an Asian male besides Asian females? Is it even possible for Asian males to pair-off with non-Asian women? Why can't I name any? (hint: Bruce Lee)

Also how in the world is that 17 years old?

/mostly saracastic

source: asian male, me

Madouu

Looks like his talent at ping pong helped him a lot, good that he found a way to overcome his initial struggles.

numble

he got rich after they got married, so then it's not for the money either considering he was a poor animator before
It never says that he was a poor animator. He was poor before he was an animator. Anyway, wealth is relative, which why Eastern European wives can be bought by people that aren't usually considered rich.

antonz

are you saying he bought her?
Not in the strictest sense of the word. But there is a reason Eastern Europe is where plenty of moderately successful men who suck at women end up.

Plenty of women who want a better life than poor farmers etc can provide so more or less sell themselves to foreigners

rpmurphy

So basically only white people count?

China pls.
Trophy wives are typically white, probably a legacy of Western European and American imperialism because it established them as the upper tier of wealth and class. It's laughable, but that's just how it is perceived by some.

Valhelm

contribute something
Wouldn't it be a plane taking off into a cloduy day? I always imagined Ukraine as being stormy and gross.

Congrats to the guy.

Not sure about that. Ukraine is like the US midwest. It's not frozen or anything. The flag of Ukraine is meant to represent the average landscape.

Ukraine_Flag.gif

Flag_colors.jpg

Trophy wives are typically white, probably a legacy of Western European and American imperialism because it established them as the upper tier of wealth and class. It's laughable, but that's just how it is perceived by some.

White women are also by and large seen as "trophy wives" by many minorities in America as well. It's how you know you've "made it" in America. Same goes for for minority women and white men. Hypergamy at it's finest, people.

Not sure about that. Ukraine is like the US midwest. It's not frozen or anything. The flag of Ukraine is meant to represent the average landscape.

Ukraine_Flag.gif

Flag_colors.jpg

It was always known as the breadbasket of the USSR. There is a reason why Putin is so sensitive about it leaving the fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom