• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chinese man moves to Ukraine to live. Finds himself a smoking hot 17 year old wife

Status
Not open for further replies.
ebtmhNK.png

but seriously, why is one of the photos a picture of that kid rolling dough in her underwear? how did they even GET that photo?

none of those photos are when she was 17 (except maybe the blurry one where they are taking a photo together at the beach) but there are only 10 photos one where she is pregnant and one with a baby so they are all at different times, she is in her 20's now. the rest of the photos are celebrities.

guek

Banned
Good to know as an Asian man married to a smokin hot American wife of European descent that I'm living the dream.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Expected Lo Pan, find successful good looking young-ish businessman.

DISAPPOINTED.

What is the issue, outside of her age? Which isn't an issue in the Ukraine.

I don't get it, why are people so amazed by an interracial relationship? Is it because Eastern European model types aren't supposed to go for short Asian guys?

They sound happy and they look good together, I can't believe how sheltered their fanbase is.

I thought the story was about marrying a 17 year old! Who cares who an Asian guy is marrying, there are Chinese people everywhere and everybody wants to fuck.

lenos16

Chinese men gotta do somethin'. Isn't the gender population balance in that country really out of wack?

Yes, but surprisingly enough there are still a lot of single women in the big cities like Beijing where the male to female ratio is much more balanced (rural areas tends to favor male children more). It's not just about the aviability of suitable partners.

Also lol, the only shocking part about this story apparently is that an Asian got a hot white guy......yeah ........

Nice, but I always question how media often use Chinese in a slightly derogatory fashion. As well as the term Asian man in many ways. I am very self-aware of the skew in media by the power holders but good for this guy. She is nice. Hah

Race race race, serious shit. People always fight over penis size, intelligence, money, whatever. Damn, man, must we all live in this bubble? ;p

Takuan

The real story is his financial success rather than landing a white girl. I will say that for a good many Asians, white women are seen as trophies and dating one is considered an accomplishment.

The real story is his financial success rather than landing a white girl. I will say that for a good many Asians, white women are seen as trophies and dating one is considered an accomplishment.
It is an accomplishment in that it happens so rarely and the man has to work against a lot of inbuilt bias to make the relationship happen. This doesn't necessarily mean the woman is nothing more than a trophy to him, though.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
but seriously, why is one of the photos a picture of that kid rolling dough in her underwear? how did they even GET that photo?
weibo is kind of like chinese instagram. he was showing off his hot wife doing wifey things.

JohnDoe

Banned
I thought the story was about marrying a 17 year old! Who cares who an Asian guy is marrying, there are Chinese people everywhere and everybody wants to fuck.

I don't get it, why are people so amazed by an interracial relationship? Is it because Eastern European model types aren't supposed to go for short Asian guys?

They sound happy and they look good together, I can't believe how sheltered their fanbase is.

Some parts of Eastern Europe (where I'm from especially) are racist as fuck.

jasonng

But western media has taught me that Asian men are short nerdy awkward people who dont know how to treat their women. I'm so confused.

being surprised that the chinese guy can date a ukrainian woman has racial undertones. why CANT any chinese guy date any woman. any man can date any woman

Lev

Seems like whenever you hear this story, it's usually a woman from a Eastern European country. I wonder why that is the case.

Looking at some of their photos, I gotta say though...some of these pictures look pretty sexist.

Regardless, good on this dude. If him and her are both happy then that's all that matters.

see5harp

This shouldn't be a story, but my Russian neighbor has explained to me that it's rare for a Russian to get with an Asian guy. A lot of the girls at the party seemed to corroborate this fact.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
being surprised that the chinese guy can date a ukrainian woman has racial undertones. why CANT any chinese guy date any woman. any man can date any woman

Isn't the article just summing up the threads he posted and the reactions he got?

I mean, having these advanced liberal American values about equality and such is great, but expecting the rest of the world to share them is a bit much.

Also, clicking on one of the links in the article shows that they have a kid now. Very cute!

Some parts of Eastern Europe (where I'm from especially) are racist as fuck.

Which is why it's so odd that most of the eastern European women I've met in the states are progressive as hell, even more so than American women.

I think the big portion of their online celebrity is coming from China in this case. You'd think a country with that much pride, most of the dudes would be like, "Good." /grumpycatface

Takuan

It is an accomplishment in that it happens so rarely and the man has to work against a lot of inbuilt bias to make the relationship happen. This doesn't necessarily mean the woman is nothing more than a trophy to him, though.
Oh, for sure. Was purely speaking optics and how others may perceive this relationship. Both look happy.

Edit: damned cute kid, too.

Anyone who thinks he bought her or some weird shit should probably take a look at this video:

http://www.chinasmack.com/2014/stories/chinese-mans-life-with-beautiful-ukrainian-wife-envied.html

(scroll down to see video)

It's pretty obvious they dig one another. And he seems to have his head screwed on right:

”Some people think I am very successful, but I feel my greatest happiness comes from my family. I come home everyday on time to eat with my wife, and afterward we go for a walk. I feel this kind of life is very happy, and next year we are planning to have our first baby,” Mei Aicai said.

Good for them I say.

Prine

Banned
Wish them the best of luck. Doesn't seem so scandalous, he's young and successful, pretty sure he's been with lots of beautiful women. Good looking women are not rare.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
At least he's a semi-good looking young Chinese guy. Story implies he's like super old or ugly or something.

Opiate

I'm always interested in how looks are considered an acceptable criterion but money isn't. I'm all for holding people to higher standards, but this seems like decrying people for going to mcdonalds while condoning the consumption of Wendy's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom