• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drive Club Weather Sound Patch. Grab your headphones, listen and watch Incredible

WOAH. Cannot wait to unwrap this tomorrow night.

This + headphones + medicinal grade =

Tomhanks.jpg

DJ_Lae

That car is pretty cool, although its silence is unnerving while driving.

The rain on the windshield actually getting pushed to the side when you turn hard or sliding down toward the hood when you brake is pretty damn awesome. I wish you could bump the wiper speed up, though, at night with heavy rain you get several seconds of near blindness between wipes.

Ellite25

I was playing this yesterday and I was blown away by their attention to detail in the audio, particularly when I was able to hear the tires catching traction as the car started to move forward. That sound when you can hear the gravel moving under the tires. Hopefully you guys will know what I mean. I'd never heard that in a game before and I was super impressed.

slapnuts

By the way, i had'nt had time to get into gaming lately but recently finally had the chance to update to the new weather add-on....HOLY CRAP does this bring new aspect to the gameplay, sound and visuals or what??? I was super impressed by what the weather effects have done to this fun racer.

I believe i will go ahead and get the season pass soon, maybe wait for a price drop on it (if that happens) but if not...It really is worth the price to get all the future add-on's coming to this game....this game is truly evolving into a nice well-rounded racer.

Only gripe to me is a bit too much cpu collision here and there ...although i gotta mess around a bit more with this game for final judgement on that.

PS: Just picked up a wave blue controller as well...what a lovely looking controller with that black and blue color and thank goodness it has new material being used on the thumbsticks.

HanaChie

Banned
Sounds awesome. I know it's been said atleast 32731 times but it's a shame Evo were forced to release DC without all these patches. First impression would be way better.

how many patches does it need

Considering the last few patches have added features and weren't to simply fix the game, as many as they want to give us.

We got Photo Mode, Weather, now a Weather Sound patch. Those are good things brother! The game runs great now too! Online is pretty much running as it should, so that is behind the game now.

JayEH

Damn. Wish the PS plus version would come out. I'm not into racers but I'd love to drive a few laps with my headphones and enjoy the scenery.

ShutterMunster

Well time to fire up DRIVECLUB...

one thing I'm just starting to realize, there doesn't seem to be enough visible rain drops falling given how absurdly wet everything gets in the game. A nitpick sure, but the closer you get...

Top Bottom