• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drive Club Weather Sound Patch. Grab your headphones, listen and watch Incredible

Sound mix is still kinda low for my taste, like when I'm driving a car I can't hear the wipers even when I'm using the hood cam

Edit: Dash cam, not hood cam

where you get this car?? I don't see it in my game and i have the season pass. I see the renault alpine but it seems slightly different from this one.

That's cuz you're using the hood cam.

I meant dash cam

2595312-2532354-9150258464-talka.gif

MavFan619

Banned
I'm not a racing fan and I still replay DriveClub every so often to marvel at it. I'm going to need a better headset soon.

Purest 78

i can't afford a headset. FML. all i'm using are the tv speaker. one day i can get the full experience.

Use your cell phone head buds set your ps4 to all audio out. It's not the same as expensive headsets, but much better than your tv speakers. Also crank up the audio for the full effects.

Trace

Banned
And this game has 71 on Metacritic while the MCC has 85.

Why does this industry not re-review things after major changes, in no way does this game represent a 71. It's easily one of the best racing games I've ever played, and the only game I've ever played that blurs the line between game and "is this real life" at times.

Amir0x

Banned
Not only is the visuals in this game the best ever, the audio design in this game is just... fucking... NUTS. And of course the gameplay is some of the best pure racing gameplay in the past decade.

Evolution, sorry I ever doubted you bros. Fuck AMAZING

kingwingin

Anyone else experience a glitch where your wiper blades don't work? Happens quite often for me, I can hear them moving too.

And this game has 71 on Metacritic while the MCC has 85.

Why does this industry not re-review things after major changes, in no way does this game represent a 71. It's easily one of the best racing games I've ever played, and the only game I've ever played that blurs the line between game and "is this real life" at times.

Cuz people like Jeff Gertsman tend to be fanboys and wait for MCC "to be ready" before reviewing while he shits on Driveclub making up lies like "there's not enough paint customization" when there's literally thousands of decals.

Who cares about Metacritic. Then entire game journalism can't be trusted.

jetsetrez

I rented it again from Gamefly to give it another chance, and the weather is extremely impressive, but I still just hated the physics and control. One tiny momentum shift at high speed = restarting an otherwise perfect run. I ain't got time for that.

Gazoinks

Woah, this is pretty amazing. This game would be wild in VR, I'm getting a bit of whiplash just from fullscreening the video.

Sounds pretty amazing. Still think the sound of going over "puddles" seems subdued and needs more "splashing" or "whooshing" sound. This is fully based on videos though such as this though. I get the game tomorrow :)

Cuz people like Jeff Gertsman tend to be fanboys and wait for MCC "to be ready" before reviewing while he shits on Driveclub making up lies like "there's not enough paint customization" when there's literally thousands of decals.

Who cares about Metacritic. Then entire game journalism can't be trusted.
Gertsman was mad because he thought there was no way to have just a solid color on your car. Somehow he reviewed the game without realizing the option was there all along, whereas I figured it out on the first or second hour of playing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This game.

Best thing ever made.

Turns out it wasn't an immaculate conception after all.. It was Driveclub we have to thank for forgiving our sins. It's the real reason for the season.

Gonna give this to my buddy with cancer. Playing driveclub may cure him.

Afrikan

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW...

man I thought for a second that this update messed with the game's smooth framerate. I was about to be pissed off.

but nope, remembered last night I finally watched Lord of the Rings Return of the King...and set my T.V. to true Cinma....which I guess means 24p? :/

anyway, switched back to smooth motion flow...and everything was right again.

for the heck of it, I turned motion flow off...and it seemed like Smooth looked better.

I always felt that Smooth only came into play for prerecorded video..but nope, imo it looks/runs smoother for me.

anyone use motion flow on their T.Vs for games?

I rented it again from Gamefly to give it another chance, and the weather is extremely impressive, but I still just hated the physics and control. One tiny momentum shift at high speed = restarting an otherwise perfect run. I ain't got time for that.
You need baby mode feature called "rewind". Amirite?

lol jk. I can see where you're coming from but I love that aspect of this game.

impact

Banned
What? Mine have been working fine with my controller.

Yea but the controller sound is SUPER low. I tried that and it was terrible especially when in party chat. Can hardly hear anything, and also can't plug in a mic.

I said fuck it and got the Sony Golds. Wireless > wired anyway

Top Bottom