• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neil Blomkamp (District 9) shares art of recently(?) canned ALIEN film

Status
Not open for further replies.
From his Instagram.

"Was working on this. Don't think I am anymore. Love it though. #alien #xenomorph"

eOTlq30.jpg

ztdBXMN.jpg

erybX3j.jpg

YYW53fb.jpg

eyp0saI.jpg

nOj8zGj.jpg

TAowjBo.jpg

tX7avkL.jpg

sappyday

wtf i never heard anything about this. Also Blomkamp directing it could of been really interesting however some of those images say otherwise.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Well, damn. I would have definitely wanted this.

And that is definitely the ship from Prometheus.

Cartman86

Banned
Who releases concept art from something so recent? Assuming it's recent. Sure looks like it. Isn't this a big no no? I guess it's safe to say whatever comes next will be nothing like this? Or is this some last ditch effort to get attention for a pitch he designed that Fox said no to?

Clearly released to detonate the project's new director / producer. This is all completely impossible to release, even if the project is canned. This is a power play.

pants

??

Ripley wearing Space Jockey gear seems pretty ripe with potential to me.

Because that worked so well for Prometheus. This is just shitting on the series and trying to explain things in the worst way possible. "hey guys how do aliens get around??' 'there is an alien flying the ship of course' 'hey can we sneak into its gear to control the ship???' 'sure'

Fuck off. Not like this. Alien isnt about this life.

akira28

Wasn't the space jockey fucking huge in scale compared to a human? So, nah, not really feeling the space jockey helmet Ripley.

Clearly released to detonate the project's new director / producer. This is all completely impossible to release, even if the project is canned. This is a power play.

Yeah, this seems like an odd move for him to do. Either way, it's a shame he's not doing this movie. What a potential great pairing.

Oh God, I never knew how much I needed this until right now. If they gave him a great script, Blomkampp would have been goddamn perfect for a legit sequel.

FOX, PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN! There's no way this wouldn't be better than Prometheus and the last two Alien flicks. Hicks with a burnt face? Ripley wearing a bomb vest and biomech gear?

Ripley wearing Engineer/Xeno biomechanical gear? Holy fuck, I need it.

nOj8zGj.jpg

macgruber_iminuzy1g.gif

Loxley

Those little Master Chief helmets made me annoyed yet again that the Jackson-produced/Bomkamp-directed Halo film never ended up happening. All those props Weta created for those ODST shorts Blomkamp did were amazing.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I wonder if this is something Weaver and him were attempting to throw together after collaborating on Chappie.

nynt9

No matter how dumb some of these look (some look awesome)
No matter how inept I think Blomkamp is at telling a complete story (he's good with visuals and concepts but can never carry it all the way)
No matter how the plot/timeline for this would make no sense

this movie would still have been infinitely better than Prometheus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom