• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neil Blomkamp (District 9) shares art of recently(?) canned ALIEN film

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this is something Weaver and him were attempting to throw together after collaborating on Chappie.

I really hope they can pull it off.

I'd watch this a hundred times in a heartbeat if they nailed it. Blomkamp can make a great film (great looking, great action) if he's got a good script, and Weaver... she's fucking Sigourney Weaver.

FStop7

Banned
I would really like to have seen a Blomkamp Alien film. We've gotten to see Ridley, Cameron, Fincher, and Jeunet. For better or worse.

the alien series DESPERATELY needs to let go of the ripley character. i mean, christ.

alfred-nevah.gif

Those little Master Chief helmets made me annoyed yet again that the Jackson-produced/Bomkamp-directed Halo film never ended up happening. All those props Weta created for those ODST shorts Blomkamp did were amazing.
All of those live action shorts from the Halo 3 marketing campaign were fucking god-tier.

Xiaoki

..... I'm glad they canned it if this is where it was going

Where were they going with it? Hard to tell what they were going to do based off one image with little context.

Also, whatever direction they did take would most likely be a step in the right direction for the Alien franchise.

Definitely would have been better than Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, AVP, AVP Requiem and Prometheus.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Wtf? I know it's concept art but weird using those characters. Hicks is dead, and so is Ripley. Guess they never let that get in the way of some potential $$, though.

I dunno man but seeing Sigourney Weaver back....

Is that Michael Biehn???

YYW53fb.jpg

That sure is. Tho now I mostly associate him with Rex Power Colt after Blood Dragon.

Rex_Power_Colt_America.png

Now, as much as I'd love to see this reunion, it would likely be a huge disappointment and ruin the Alien franchise again forever. Again.

Again.

zma1013

Wtf? I know it's concept art but weird using those characters. Hicks is dead, and so is Ripley. Guess they never let that get in the way of some potential $$, though.

In the future, they send back clone-Ripley to save Ripley and Hicks and now Hicks does all the things Ripley did and Ripley does all the things Hicks did and see it's funny because they are saying and doing each other's stuff and it's clever because it's like, "Remember this scene from your favorite movie? Well it's here too only now it's different, but still similar but we just played musical chairs with the actors and their roles. Oh, and the whole timeline is changed so now we can do whatever we want blah blah blah." Hollywood give me a job.

I'm just trying to process this still.

Seems like it would have been a sequel to Aliens and Prometheus, and would retcon Alien 3 and Resurrection out of existence.

Yeah, I want to see this movie. I really want another good Alien movie.

Choomp

Banned
Wow what this would've been cool. I mean Blomkamp certainly has his limits but his normal aesthetic is usually pretty nice, I would've liked to have seen something with Alien

Rydeen

If this retconned Alien 3 and Resurrection as these concept pieces seem to hint at, I'd be okay with it. Looks like a lot of ideas from William Gibson's abandoned Alien 3 treatment.

Gleethor

Ya'll forget that Alien 3 (DC) is secretly the best Alien film.

Fincher is not-so-secretly more talented than Ridley or Cameron too :)

Toa TAK

Banned
Even if it did turn out to be trash like Prometheus, I'm still really interested in seeing where this could've gone.

Kinda reminds of that one Alien 3 script that was pretty much Hicks and Bishop being bros on an alien-infested space station. Just a little.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Looks like they got the derelict ship and created a sort of rainforest reserve for the creature.

Ripley and cyborg Hicks then hatch a plan to blow everything up, with Ripley eventually needing to pilot the ship at some point.

Sounds fun. Shame it was canned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom