• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neil Blomkamp (District 9) shares art of recently(?) canned ALIEN film

Status
Not open for further replies.
So . . . Weaver didn't do shit in Alien?

Of course she did. But I don't think many people would argue (even those that dislike Aliens) that her character wasn't very developed in the first Alien film. Alien may be better than Aliens, but Ripley benefited exponentially as a character from the fleshing out that Cameron did in the sequel.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Sigourney Weaver is a damn fine actress, but the second she realised that Fox saw her as the glue behind the franchise she stopped giving a rats ass about anything other than Ripley being the showiest character possible with the big, dramatic character shifts that don't sync at all with the films in question.

You think Weaver was dictating shit to Scott or Cameron?

XAL

nOj8zGj.jpg

What the fuck is this shit.

Seriously, what the fuck is shit supposed to be?

Weyland Yutani's battle armour influenced by the Xeno?

Weyland-Yutani reverse engineering the apex-predator biology of the xeno's into a symbiote exo-suit.

XAL

Yeah that's some Metroid Fusion shit right there, and I'm pretty fucking sure Blomkamp knows about Metroid.

Yup. People are shitting themselves saying it's really stupid, but when you think about it - it could be a very very cool concept if executed properly.

It could be W-Y's answer to the space jockey suits that the engineers wore but with military applications.

Of course she did. But I don't think many people would argue (even those that dislike Aliens) that her character wasn't very developed in the first Alien film. Alien may be better than Aliens, but Ripley benefited exponentially as a character from the fleshing out that Cameron did in the sequel.

I much prefer her in Alien, so maybe I'm not the best judge?

Gravidee

Not sure why so many people are up in arms about Ripley wearing what appears to be Xeno skin/suit of some kind. Concept art always goes to crazy places, and doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be in the finished product. They're just ideas being thrown out there, whether good or bad.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Everything looks amazing, save for Xenosuit Ripley.

Can't really see how that would fit in without jumping the shark harder in the vein of Resurrection.

A shame tho, the art stills look incredible.

Sylvester Stallone was 59 and 61 when he repriesed his legacy roles. How old is Arnold Schwarzenegger?
I am sure Sigourney can still be a good Ripley. And she is still looking good.

Comparing the body of an aging Stallone or Schwarzenegger to Weaver isn't a good comparison.

Savitar

Likely a suit so Ripley can sneak into a hive or something.

Maybe to save Newt again.

It's not altogether a bad idea, depending on how Aliens observe people. Often heard it's via telepathy but not like the movies ever stated it.

God GOD give me the Alien movie I've waited 25 years to see! Please. I mean we're getting a new Jurassic Park, Star Wars and Terminator. Complete my childhood fantasy.

commedieu

Banned
They dont need hormons, when I recall Resurrection correctly.

Well theres the problem. :D

Who knows if the xenomorph senses hormones or can some how, an extrasensory sense indicates there is another living alien inside of another person.(Alien 3, where the franchised stopped in my youthful memory..)

I figure the alien inside would trigger a ph shift, or some sort of offset that would trigger a hormone or something in the scent. Maybe they can taste/smell/pick up electrons or whatever triggers the identification of odor, and that's why they don't do it. They are super smart as well. According to film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom