• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neil Blomkamp (District 9) shares art of recently(?) canned ALIEN film

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekial45

Banned
This popped up at the right time, I was just reading about the Alien 3 development hell. This franchise can never seem to catch a break. It could've been on the same level of Star Wars in terms of world-building, but they never had people to properly guide it.

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_3

Malreyn

So was this supposed to be a sequel to alien resurrection? (assuming that Aliens: Colonial Marines is now canon?)

DarkFlow

Banned
No, fuck off into space.

You're setting your bar too low, dont accept shit cause there is shittier shit!

Because that worked so well for Prometheus. This is just shitting on the series and trying to explain things in the worst way possible. "hey guys how do aliens get around??' 'there is an alien flying the ship of course' 'hey can we sneak into its gear to control the ship???' 'sure'

Fuck off. Not like this. Alien isnt about this life.

You seem upset.

nOj8zGj.jpg

Rowdy-Roddy-Piper.gif

I only saw Prometheus the other day. I should look up why everyone hated it because I though it was ok if a bit predictable.

Anyway a Blomkamp Alien movie sure sounds great. I would be down for one last Ripley movie if the right people are in charge of it.

Shit looks amazing.

Why do people not like the Alien Helmet?

Wasnt the entire point of Weyland Industries studying these creatures so they could make bio suits and weapons?

This appears to only make fucking perfect sense even if the design is a little....yeeeah.

I'm down with it if they can justify it.

Would love to see the two main characters from Alien 2 back.

EDIT:

What they should do is ruin years of fantasy build up.

And make it so the Aliens take their heads off, and they are just blue humans, wouldnt that be awesome?

And they can have penis monsters that fuck your face out of random water on the ground....

Branduil

Well that looks terrible.

Why keep trying to shoehorn Ripley into the story? She was a freaking space trucker, not some kind of xenomorph anti-messiah.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Oh God, I never knew how much I needed this until right now. If they gave him a great script, Blomkampp would have been goddamn perfect for a legit sequel.

FOX, PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN! There's no way this wouldn't be better than Prometheus and the last two Alien flicks. Hicks with a burnt face? Ripley wearing a bomb vest and biomech gear?

Ripley wearing Engineer/Xeno biomechanical gear? Holy fuck, I need it.

nOj8zGj.jpg

macgruber_iminuzy1g.gif

You guys are crazy, this looks fucking awesome.

Aw man. Blomkamp doing Alien 5 would be pretty fantastic. Unfortunately it seems Scott's going to just keep the franchise occupied with that Prometheus madness.

As a franchise, Alien's reputation is already pretty tarnished by 3 and Resurrection. Don't see the harm in trying again, really. Worst case scenario there would've been a third shitty one. Oh well.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think we all want a real Alien 3 with Hicks and Ripley. Shame we didn't get it.

Nameless

Michelle McLaren would be my choice to helm the franchise. She has natural gift for composition and shines at evoking tension & anxiety. That's what the franchise needs, not whatever strange concoction the apparent Hideo Kojima fanboy inside Neil Blomkamp had brewing. That Ripley design is "Species III" level bad.

Loved District 9 so I would've been super hyped if Neil released an Alien film. And I'm not bothered by Xeno-Ripley. I'm not against it but I know a lot of concepts get left behind when making a film so chances of us seeing that would've been slim if the movie did get made.

Oh man, I'm just imagining Ripley or Hicks getting their hands on a Mech similar to the D9 exosuit

If they could somehow blend slow-burn horror ala Alien with the heightened intensity and action of Aliens somehow... Movie of the Forever.

zeioIIDX

WTF, those concept images intrigue the fuck out of me...I remember how I scoured over trailers and leaked images of Prometheus, that was an exciting time.

Looks like they got the derelict ship and created a sort of rainforest reserve for the creature.

Jurassic Alien? Lol. I seriously love the art of the derelict ship in that warehouse/bay.

The thing that's lighting most people asses on fire in here is the thing that intrigues me the most. Isn't that the whole point of Wayland Yutani? Having biomechanical gear and shit? looks dope.

Ikael

I cannot believe that such a piece of shit of a movie like Prometheus was made while this project got canned. What's wrong with you, Hollywood?

This concept art looks really intriging, xenoripley suit included. But I didn't liked the apparent connection with Prometheus. I'd pay good money if they screw continuity and just release a sequel to Aliens as if Alien 3 and Resurrection never happened in the first place. I want to see an Earth's xenomorph invasion!

CapHarlock

Neo Member
Well that looks terrible.

Why keep trying to shoehorn Ripley into the story? She was a freaking space trucker, not some kind of xenomorph anti-messiah.

In one of the movies they state they have never been able to find the aliens anywhere else in space. Even from the start the aliens were rare, just from some random ship. The only way they could bring them back is by cloning Ripley from when she was due to give birth to the queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom