• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster Import Reviews Dropping

Shancake

Whilst this is out Worldwide on January 20th, the game has been out for a few weeks now in Japan. The PS3 version contains full English. A few reviews have dropped. Couldn't find another thread

Press Start Australia - http://press-start.com.au/2015/01/06/review-resident-evil-hd-remaster/ 9

All in all Resident Evil HD Remaster does what it sets out to do – it brings a game from almost thirteen years ago into the modern day and standard and successfully makes it playable for both the new generation and old generation alike. Improvements aside, the game itself is still quite an enjoyable experience owing to its non-linear progression, fantastic artistic direction and new features that make it accessible to newcomers as well as series veterans.

CUBED3 - http://www.cubed3.com/review/1727/1/biohazard-hd-remaster-playstation-3.html 9

While The Evil Within was supposed to be the survival-horror title that was Shinji Mikami's opus, it was the remastering of his immortal classic that will be the one people will remember from 2014. With accessible control options that make it so absolutely anyone can handle it, there is no longer any excuses for this incredible game to be passed on.

Levito

Banned
Arguably the most well rounded survival horror game ever created, it just nails everything.

CAN'T WAIT

kuYuri

Unless the port is somehow worse than previous versions, this game is pretty much an automatic 10 for me. No reviews needed. :p

Apoc87

Banned
It better not have save ribbons because those were pieces of shit and totally ruined the ps1 games.

It better not have save ribbons because those were pieces of shit and totally ruined the ps1 games.

mg4DNAJ.gif

Infinite saves would ruin the majority of the challenge of you can retry every single part immediately after messing up. These games may not be for you.

gdt

Unless it's a complete technical mess no one needed reviews at all. I must've played this game 100 times in my then game starved GameCube. Never played RE0 actually, was a broke elementary/middle schooler.

Cannot wait. Double-dipping (well, triple, since the PSN version is cross-buy) between PlayStation and PC. One of my all-time favorite games.

It's not about messing up, I have a kid and can only play games in short bursts

The perfect situation for a game that relies on settling in deep for the atmosphere!

Seriously though... don't bother picking it up. Outlast seems like a good fit if you're jonesing for horror.

Miguel81

It's a short game, there aren't many enemies, and ink ribbons are in abundance. I'm still not opposed to having an option, but it's too late apparently.

Didn't the new control scheme basically break the game? I know it's optional, but it does pretty much render most enemies pointless doesn't it?

Nemesis_

Didn't the new control scheme basically break the game? I know it's optional, but it does pretty much render most enemies pointless doesn't it?

Yeah the first review mentions it takes away a lot of the challenge. But the original scheme is still available

Just pre-ordered the game. I'm so freaking ready :D

Why does it run at 30 fps on PS4 though? I'm not really bothered by that, but it seems like Capcom are not paying their full attention to the game.

I plan on getting RE1 again because I always loved the franchise, but I will admit I never liked the save ribbons either. Maybe an Alien Isolation type save system would even work also. Oh well. *runs*

How have people on my friends list playing this game on PS4 for at least a week or two now?

-MD-

REmake is a 10/10 game. One of the best of all time.

tumblr_l5lcjpBLc51qccnyeo1_400.png

If anyone wants to not ruin their experience they'll use the classic controls.

Davey Cakes

If anyone wants to not ruin their experience they'll use the classic controls.
People are stubborn and have been bitching about the controls for years.

The controls have never been bad though. They've always made sense in the context and design of the RE games. How did RE get such a large fan base, otherwise?

Options are nice but REmake already offered Type C controls as an alternative. It's funny seeing people actually WANT the game-breaking scheme found in REmaster. Defeats the purpose, no? How the game plays is a big part of its appeal as a fixed-camera claustrophobic survival horror game.

I've never played Resident Evil 1 before, but the analog controls looked terrible in the previews.

Because they are, this entire game was balanced around having to be careful and plan your movements, not turn on a dime and run in any direction. Not only do the new controls have you holding the wrong direction to continue moving during camera shifts but they are twitchy and poorly animated as well. Anyone who wants the real experience should switch back to the original controls and play the game as it was designed, people managed not only in 1996 but in 2002 and it was well received enough for this to be a classic title. Don't buy into the nonsense that they are outdated and too complicated for anyone starting fresh to use, they are perfect for the style of game this is.

All of you going into this for the first time have a real trip on your hands. I'm curious to see how you feel it compares to modern RE titles.

Edit: Are Type-C controls in?

I predict low reviews from gamespot 6/10 for having outdated control scheme and backtracking. And Angry Joe will read the forums to decide high or low review.

Bladenic

I played as Chris during my GC playthrough, but not as Jill. So I'll play Jill this time. Though Chris In his BSAA outfit is tempting, however it would be so weird having huge muscle head Chris not being able to punch the hell outta these zombies (or sharks).

-MD-

I predict low reviews from gamespot 6/10 for having outdated control scheme and backtracking. And Angry Joe will read the forums to decide high or low review.

Hilariously, the new control scheme are the default controls.

Should fire whoever made that decision tbh.

Nuke Soda

I haven't played this since it came out on the Gamecube, lent my copy to a friend.
Still waiting for it too.

Top Bottom