• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tabata wants simultaneous worldwide release for Final Fantasy XV

Soriku

http://gematsu.com/2015/01/final-fantasy-xv-director-wants-simultaneous-worldwide-release

Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata has said he wants a simultaneous worldwide release for the upcoming numbered Final Fantasy.

“I’d like to be able to do a worldwide release,” Tabata told Mexican games site LevelUp. “We don’t want to impose any big delays to players from around the world, so I’m hoping that everyone will be able to play the same Final Fantasy XV together within as close of a time frame as possible.”

A release date for Final Fantasy XV has not yet been announced. A demo will be included with Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, which launches for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on March 17 in North America and March 20 in Europe.

It's nice to dream, Tabata.

Nah I hope SE manages this for FF XV and KH3.

This would be a dream come true. Well, the game releasing in general would be. But not having to wait longer would be so good.

Based Tabata.

I'm more excited for FFXV than I have any right to be, but I've got a good feeling about it. It's up there with Xenoblade X in my top 3 most wanted games :D

Gambit

Hope it's true, but doubt it very much.

this just reminds me again that I bought a PS3 (!) for FF Versus and The Last Guardian.

Philippo

nFSebim.gif

Well they're already tanslating the demo, so at the very least they should be ready do do a full translation side-by-side with the Japanese VA recordings, instead of waiting 'till the last months.

daniels

It is a good idea to publicly say something that you dont need to say and in all likelihood never will manage to pull off anyway just so people can be angry with you later.

Some Nobody

Releases have been occurring closer and closer anyway. I doubt it'll be much of a wait if there is one. Either way I don't see this game coming out this year.

Famassu

Not really surprising. They already said the same thing when the game was still known as FF Versus XIII, that they are aiming for shortened or even eliminated gaps between releases of their bigger projects. They've done pretty well shortening the gap (though haven't really eliminated them completely), especially from an European POV. Gone are the days when we have to wait for 6+ months longer after the North American release.

I think they are aware that outside of Japan (Namely North America and Europe, but also Asia) is where they are going to start recouping their rather long development costs. Japanese sales alone are not going to get it done, so best to get it to all fans as soon as possible rather than have a Japanese debut that is only a fraction of the budget and then waiting two quarters to see if the game is going to brake even.

Makes business sense, is good for the fans, will help move more PS4s and Xbox1s. Do it, Square-Enix^^

Top Bottom