• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tabata wants simultaneous worldwide release for Final Fantasy XV

So December Japan and March West confirmed?

Then again Type-0 is getting a simultaneous release, so perhaps this is the start of a new trend.

AFAIK Square has never once released a new jRPG worldwide on the same week. Ports of old games don't count.

If Square would manage to pull this off it would be their very first time. As of right now the shortest gap I think was with XIII-2 and it was like 2 months.

I believe XV's japanese and western gap will be small but I don't see a simultaneous worldwide launch. At best there will be 30 days between releases.

Time will tell.

Not trying to be a negative Nancy, but as someone less than enthused with what we've seen and heard about XV, worldwide release sounds like a great way to prevent Japan from warning the rest of the world. Square Enix probably has the resources to get translation done without needing to delay JP launch, but after 8 years or so of delays and mismanagement, i have no idea why anyone would believe they were organized enough to accomplish that.

LAA

That would be awesome (if the Japan launch isn't delayed to do it)

I can only hope the same for KH3 too.

SPAW

Not trying to be a negative Nancy, but as someone less than enthused with what we've seen and heard about XV, worldwide release sounds like a great way to prevent Japan from warning the rest of the world. Square Enix probably has the resources to get translation done without needing to delay JP launch, but after 8 years or so of delays and mismanagement, i have no idea why anyone would believe they were organized enough to accomplish that.

A demo-released in two months time wont be warning enough?

Tucah

you speak so well
This wouldn't be the most surprising thing in the world.

FFXV releasing in the next decade would

200.gif

All the great FFXV news... I want to believe.

Well, during the Paris Game Festival, Tabata said they have an estimated release window for the game.

“We have a general idea of what year and period [of the year] we’re targeting for its release,” said Tabata about Final Fantasy XV. “And we’re at a stage where we’re putting everything we toward [the release window].” “However, Tabata added, “I believe that it might take just a little bit longer than you’d hope for.”

So him saying he hope this will be simultaneous world wide is a positive thing... right?

nemisis0

Let's hope that secret for the end of the demo is the release date this year as that's what i am hoping, now that would be a big shock.

That makes sense considering that Type-0 is basically a WW release and that the demo will likely be WW as well. Their audience is really split globally that I think it's a good thing to push for.
Let's hope that secret for the end of the demo is the release date this year as that's what i am hoping, now that would be a big shock.
Don't count on it. Tabata already said that the release date is further away than most think it is, so 2016 is most certainly the earliest it will release.
Edit: look at Tabata quote in post above yours.

Dark_castle

This post is a proof that one can take any positive news and put a negative spin on it.

SPAW

That makes sense considering that Type-0 is basically a WW release and that the demo will likely be WW as well. Their audience is really split globally that I think it's a good thing to push for.

Don't count on it. Tabata already said that the release date is further away than most think it is, so 2016 is most certainly the earliest it will release.
Edit: look at Tabata quote in post above yours.

Given that the Japanese console market is back to pre-PSone levels in aggregated sales, the only viable option for getting major first week sales is a world wide release.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Good. If Tales of Vesperia can come out in a respectable time frame (360) then this needs to happen. Not enough Japanese made games are on the ball.

TheXbox

I love how cynical this post is. Not that Square deserves any optimism lol. It's just so evil and calculated I don't think they're capable of even conceiving that. This is more likely about recouping losses than anything else.

SerTapTap

Yes please. It's really embarrassing that even AAA japanese devs still release crap not-simultaneously worldwide

Well duh, the West is their biggest market for their PS4 games now.

Though I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this is a big factor

Laconic

Banned
Long as we've waited for this game it should come out everywhere on the same day, but sadly that won't happen.

I'd settle for it not sucking.

Such is the height of the bar for Squeenix these days.

Everything above and beyond that, is the .5% above the standard critical deviation of 8~9.5.

i.e. irl 7.5

brau

They seemed to already have one in mind (at least the year and quarter they want to release in)

Right. I would not think the game is coming out this year. I hope so, but i hope they are not cutting back stuff for sakes of releasing.

I rather the game be the best entry yet when its ready.

I think they mentioned this on the postmortem for XIII. How they didn't want to do the same thing by having a set release date. More studios are adopting this. They have a date in mind, but they don't disclose it because it might get changed.

BumRush

It makes TOO MUCH sense to do this so SE probably won't in the end. I'm kidding of course, but really, it would be one of their better decisions from a business and consumer perspective.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Simultaneous release would probably let them have PR statements like "Fastest selling FF ever" and "Most shipped FF ever".

Go for it SE.

Top Bottom